Election 2020

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

nero
Sergeant Major

Re: Election 2020

#1921 Post by nero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:44 am

ABT.
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Mac
First Sergeant

#1922 Post by Mac » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 am

The chairman of the Democratic Party in Iowa has quit over the caucus fuck up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51486231
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1923 Post by jack t ripper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 am

If Hildabeast were running he would already be dead.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1924 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 pm

jack t ripper wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 am
If Hildabeast were running he would already be dead.
Bernie wouldn't want him killed, but the Bernie Bros would be in favor of tossing the guy into a gulag.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

#1925 Post by jwilkerson » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:46 pm

I usually only post the RealClear Politics average of the 50 national polls monthly but there's been a dramatic change recently so I'll at least provide some numbers.

In the past two weeks

Creepy Joe went from 29% to 19% and straight down, off the cliff sort of change.

Grandpa went from 19% to 23% and is now in the lead.

Pocohontas went from 16% to 12% and is now in 4th place.

Boomburg went from 5% to 14% proving once again that "money talks". I read that she isn't really trying to become president, but just saw this as an opportunity to "make statements" ... and push her agendae.

Butt-leg went from 6% to 10% and is now fourth, though she is actually ahead in delegates, so officially she is the front runner.

Clutch-bar is still down there in the under 5% muck area, she went from 3% to 4%, but did much better in both Iowa and NH.

So the landscape has definitely changed and what looked like a "shoe in" for Creepy Joe is now anything butt. Hard to say what will happen. This is perhaps the most "interesting" residential campaign we've had in decades.

But if I was bettin at this point, I bet on trumpf, because dee muc rats don't seem to have made up their minds on a strategic direction yet. There're like two parties running under one roof it feels like.
Ugum Bugum Uber Alles - Iddi Ut Amine Dada !!

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1926 Post by jack t ripper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Trump might shoot himself in the foot (again) but the economy is a real powerhouse right now.

If the Dems nominate Bootyboy there will be many Dem interest groups that might just stay home.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1927 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm

jack t ripper wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:06 pm
Trump might shoot himself in the foot (again) but the economy is a real powerhouse right now.

If the Dems nominate Bootyboy there will be many Dem interest groups that might just stay home.
You may just THINK that the powerhouse economy is a plus for Trump, but Nancy Pelosi would say that you are wrong.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is looking to make a sharp pivot ¨from the heated politics of impeachment and lash President Donald Trump in another key area: the economy.

The speaker is eager to hammer home the message that the economy isn’t actually as strong as Trump claims.
Such a move would be like the Polish General Staff in Sept. 1939 declaring "The German Panzer forces are weak. We need focus our counterattacks on their Panzers"
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1928 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:36 pm

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1929 Post by jack t ripper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:50 pm

The consumer confidence index is at an 18 year high. :-)

We are having trouble finding skilled workers in Calif.

You have to be wearing an ankle bracelet to not be able to find a job right now. :-)

AngryOldMan
Staff Sergeant

#1930 Post by AngryOldMan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm

The problem with trying to convince people that the best economy in 50 years is actually bad is that PEOPLE WHO HAVE JOBS KNOW THEY HAVE JOBS!

So you can talk till you're blue in the face about how this economy doesn't work for bi Latino cross dressers or some other approval seeking micro group but each individual knows how the economy is working for them and all the propaganda in the world isn't going to change that.

This is proof of utter desperation. What's next, "The sky isn't really blue" strategy?

Here's a thought, Democrats:

How about you try something really radical like picking a quality candidate with some popular and workable policies that appeal to the average American instead radical Leftists? Just a thought...
---------------------------------
If those who can do, and those who can't teach, what does that say about a sex education teacher?