Pensacola NAS shooter is a Saudi student

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

Pensacola NAS shooter is a Saudi student

#1 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:08 pm

:shock: Saudi flight student is the shooter. Generally these are educated people and often Royal family homies.
Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter was Saudi aviation student, investigators eye potential terror link
Greg NormanBy Greg Norman | Fox News
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Print
Email

Four dead including shooter at NAS Pensacola, officials say
Four people are dead including the shooter at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida, officials announce in a press conference.

The gunman who opened fire Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida, fatally shooting three people, has been identified as an aviation student from Saudi Arabia as investigators are looking into whether the attack is terrorism-related.

The gunman was confronted and taken out by a pair of responding officers. Two people were killed at the scene while a third victim died after being rushed to a local hospital. Seven others suffered injuries and are undergoing treatment, including the two officers, one of whom was shot in the arm and the other in the knee. Both are expected to survive.

The incident happened at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida
The incident happened at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida (US Military)

“This is a tragic day for the city of Pensacola… we are a military town, our hearts and prayers are connected to all those that serve us every single day,” the city’s mayor, Grover Robinson, told reporters during a press conference Friday. “We will overcome this, but today this is certainly a tragic day”

Further details about the incident were not immediately available and officials would not speak about the shooter's identity or a potential motive. Another press conference is scheduled for later this afternoon.

PEARL HARBOR NAVAL SHIPYARD SHOOTING LEAVES GUNMAN, TWO OTHERS DEAD

"Both gates of NASP are currently secured due to reports of an active shooter," the base posted earlier on its Facebook account.

An active shooter situation was reported Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola.
An active shooter situation was reported Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola. (Fox News)

PEARL HARBOR NAVAL SHIPYARD SHOOTER IDENTIFIED, SURVIVING VICTIM IN CRITICAL CONDITION

Police say they first received a call about the shooting at 6:51 a.m.

At 7:48 a.m., police confirmed that the shooter was dead. The base will remain closed until further notice and the FBI, ATF and the U.S. Attorney General's Office are said to be assisting in the investigation.

Andrew McKay
@andrewmckay1620
NAS Pensacola is on lockdown right now because of a reported active shooter on the base. Authorities say please stay away.

This video is from a listener who saw police passing him on the highway.

Embedded video
5:19 AM - Dec 6, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
400 people are talking about this
Jeff Bergosh, an Escambia County commissioner who works at NAS Pensacola as a civilian contractor, told the Pensacola News Journal that he saw ambulances and fire trucks racing toward the base while he waiting in line to enter at one of its gates.

“There's probably been 100 or so various law enforcement vehicles zooming down the wrong side on Navy Boulevard,” he said, adding that he received a call from co-workers on base who reported being on lockdown.

The incident comes days after a sailor fatally shot two people and injured a third before turning a pistol on himself at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard.

NAS Pensacola employs more than 16,000 military and 7,400 civilian personnel, according to its website. One of the Navy's most historic and storied bases, it sprawls along the waterfront southwest of downtown Pensacola and dominates the economy of the surrounding area.

It's home to the Blue Angels flight demonstration team, and includes the National Naval Aviation Museum, a popular regional tourist attraction.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

Re: Pensacola NAS shooter is a Saudi student

#2 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:20 pm

The news feed that popped up on my phone said that “Authorities are trying to determine if it’s Terror-related”. :roll:

Nah, probably just “workplace violence”.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

mdiehl
Sergeant Major

#3 Post by mdiehl » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:20 pm

Our excellent friends, the saudis.
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane
"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits
'Our father, which art in heaven..' "May he fucking stay there." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Lava
Sergeant

#4 Post by Lava » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:20 pm

chijohnaok wrote: Nah, probably just “workplace violence”.
I wouldn't discount that out of hand actually.

What pisses me off is that NAS P'Cola is a gun free zone. We are fighting a war on terror and our military folks work in gun free zones?

You've got to be shitting me.

Mr. Trump... please fix that.

BTW, I was there a couple weeks ago visiting relatives. It is my "home town" if you will. My father is buried there in the military cemetery. I watch from Spain what is happening in the states and it makes me so fucking angry and sick. Good bless America and fuck you Communists.
"In this present crisis, Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#5 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:10 pm

It is possible the pilot got a bad review and lost it but there were 11 injured ...sounds like he was spraying rounds at the kuffir.

It does seem you at least allow guns for the senior enlisted men and some officers. The guy had to be taken down by county sheriffs.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

nero
Sergeant Major

#6 Post by nero » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Wasn't clear after 9-11 the teaching flying to Saudis is not a good idea? :roll:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#7 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:28 pm

What pisses me off is that NAS P'Cola is a gun free zone. We are fighting a war on terror and our military folks work in gun free zones?
I am not the expert on that but I think that most US military bases (at least the domestic ones) are gun free.

IIRC, when Major Nadal Hassan went on his shooting in Texas it was a couple local police officers that were called and took him down.

The policy sounds pretty stupid to me.
I mean if they don’t want ALL the service members walking around with firearms I would think that they could at least have is a small group of armed MPs (or whatever the US Navy version is called). This is particularly so at large installation such as NAS Pensacola.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

#8 Post by jwilkerson » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:01 pm

I think they should suspend the Saudi contingent of the furrin' student program pending reassessment of the risks and rewards. We see a clear indication of the risk.
Ugum Bugum Uber Alles - Iddi Ut Amine Dada !!

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

#9 Post by jwilkerson » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 pm

... whatever the US Navy version is called ...
Shore Patrol ... "SP" ... or in my day ... called "Salt N Peppa" ... as often they would send out white and black in pairs hoping the black dude could do a better job of communicating with the black sailors ...

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

#10 Post by jwilkerson » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 pm

If trumpf wants to let kang salmon save some face ... he could convince salmon to call his boys home ... in disgrace. its not unusual in the military to blame the UNIT for the failure of one individual. The kang could put that idea into practice. And I do think there is a chance, that somebody had an idea there might be a nut among them ...