EU and Brexit

All things British. Kidney Pie, Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash

Moderator: chijohnaok

Forum rules
Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin
Mac
First Sergeant

Re: EU and Brexit

#1901 Post by Mac » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Diane Abbott once again proving what a retarded Sheboon she is...

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#1902 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:45 am

She looks like a mentally handicapped cross-dresser stoned on percocet in that thumbnail.

nero
Sergeant Major

#1903 Post by nero » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Those days of Beatles and Abbey Road.

And the old classic has been remastered again, we have now Boris' Yellowhamer.
Rosamund Urwin and Caroline Wheeler wrote: Image
Operation Chaos: Whitehall’s secret no‑deal Brexit preparations leaked

The Sunday Times obtains the government’s classified ‘Yellowhammer’ report in full
Britain faces shortages of fuel, food and medicine, a three-month meltdown at its ports, a hard border with Ireland and rising costs in social care in the event of a no-deal Brexit, according to an unprecedented leak of government documents that lay bare the gaps in contingency planning.

The documents, which set out the most likely aftershocks of a no-deal Brexit rather than worst-case scenarios, have emerged as the UK looks increasingly likely to crash out of the EU without a deal.

Compiled this month by the Cabinet Office under the codename Operation Yellowhammer, the dossier offers a rare glimpse into the covert planning being carried out by the government to avert a catastrophic collapse in the nation’s infrastructure.
    A lot of the negativity about a no-deal Brexit has been wildly overdone’
I just wonder why the silver hammer has not been upgraded to Golden Hammer?

Perhaps because of the Golden Hammer anti-pattern that describes a situation when the only tool is a hammer, every problem must be a nail. ;)

But there are other hammers, more manly hammers available; a sledgehammer.

Good luck with Boris. He has no idea what he is doing and you need all the luck in the world. ;)
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

#1904 Post by jwilkerson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

... German Chancellor Angela Merkel has suggested an alternative to the Irish border backstop - a key Brexit sticking point - could be found within 30 days.

Speaking at a news conference alongside Prime Minister Boris Johnson in Berlin, she stressed it would be up to the UK to offer a workable plan.

The PM said he was "more than happy" with that "blistering timetable" ...
I'll give bobo the benefit of the doubt a little longer .. but he needs to spend the VAST amount of his energy talking to parliament ... not the eeee yyyeeeew .. though I do give him credit for talking to the "real boss" ... the kraut ... versus junker and trusk ...

IF bobo knows that he has to gid rid of the backstop to get parliament to agree on something ... then what he's doing makes sense ...

time will tell ...

==
in the mean time ... the korbin ... strategy is to call for elections ... take power and squash the whole deal ... so it is a full on battle royal forming up here ... we shall see what happens !
Ugum Bugum Uber Alles - Iddi Ut Amine Dada !!

nero
Sergeant Major

#1905 Post by nero » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:39 pm

jwilkerson wrote:
... German Chancellor Angela Merkel has suggested an alternative to the Irish border backstop - a key Brexit sticking point - could be found within 30 days.

Speaking at a news conference alongside Prime Minister Boris Johnson in Berlin, she stressed it would be up to the UK to offer a workable plan.

The PM said he was "more than happy" with that "blistering timetable" ...
I'll give bobo the benefit of the doubt a little longer .. but he needs to spend the VAST amount of his energy talking to parliament ... not the eeee yyyeeeew .. though I do give him credit for talking to the "real boss" ... the kraut ... versus junker and trusk ...

IF bobo knows that he has to gid rid of the backstop to get parliament to agree on something ... then what he's doing makes sense ...

time will tell ...

==
in the mean time ... the korbin ... strategy is to call for elections ... take power and squash the whole deal ... so it is a full on battle royal forming up here ... we shall see what happens !
Boris Johnson is a fantastic like Donald Trump. Johnson suggest that Ireland would leave to RU to avoid the hard border: Boris Johnson wants Ireland to leave EU trade rules and form a new union with the UK instead after Brexit.

But I think the opposite is more realistic, united Ireland end of English occupation on the island of Ireland. ;)

No backstops needed.

Sláinte.
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#1906 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm

I must admit I'm a bit puzzled at the apparent suggestion that there is ANY prospect of Brexit NOT happening as scheduled Oct X 2019 as specified even by May before she stepped down?

I mean WTF; is Boris a Brexit hardliner or isn't he?

Are they gonna shit (pass the putrescent waste called "EU" out of their alimentary canal) or get off the pot (go back to wrangling "deals" and "backstops" and full-force agreement plans, blah, blah, blah)!

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

#1907 Post by jwilkerson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:19 pm

In Britain ... parliament is supreme ... they can do ANYTHING they want. They can make a law and they can unmake a law ...

So if korbin can trash the guberment and become PM ... she thinks she can overturn it ...

So that's korbins strategy ...

bobos I don't see clearly yet ... but the only strategy that makes sense is to hold all the votes he has and get more votes ... to stave off korbins strategy ...

==
And if bobo thinks getting rid of the backstop holds more vote and gains more votes ... then it makes sense ...

==
Yes I think bo bo is a BE hardliner ... he's a NO DEALER ... (like me) ... and in my book the only BE people are the NO DEALERs ... you gots to be a NO DEALER or it will never happen ... you can't negotiate if you can't walk away !!!

nero
Sergeant Major

#1908 Post by nero » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm

jwilkerson wrote:In Britain ... parliament is supreme ... they can do ANYTHING they want. They can make a law and they can unmake a law ...

So if korbin can trash the guberment and become PM ... she thinks she can overturn it ...

So that's korbins strategy ...

bobos I don't see clearly yet ... but the only strategy that makes sense is to hold all the votes he has and get more votes ... to stave off korbins strategy ...

==
And if bobo thinks getting rid of the backstop holds more vote and gains more votes ... then it makes sense ...

==
Yes I think bo bo is a BE hardliner ... he's a NO DEALER ... (like me) ... and in my book the only BE people are the NO DEALERs ... you gots to be a NO DEALER or it will never happen ... you can't negotiate if you can't walk away !!!
Jeremy Corbyn will never be the prime minister of the United Kingdom.

It the most unfortunate thing in the recent years that the Labour Party has such an awful leader. :twisted:

Without him there would be no such a problem with brexit. :evil:

jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

#1909 Post by jwilkerson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 pm

... Jeremy Corbyn will never be the prime minister of the United Kingdom ...
Oh my ... I bet he will be disappointed to hear it ... seems like he has his hopes up !!??
... Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has urged MPs from all parties to install him as prime minister ...
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45640548

nero
Sergeant Major

#1910 Post by nero » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:50 pm

jwilkerson wrote:
... Jeremy Corbyn will never be the prime minister of the United Kingdom ...
Oh my ... I bet he will be disappointed to hear it ... seems like he has his hopes up !!??
... Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has urged MPs from all parties to install him as prime minister ...
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45640548
Pipe dream.

The next PM will be a LibDem or a renegade Tory.

Never Corbyn.

A bitter pill for Jeremy. :lol: