TV, Movies, videos, youtube

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti, reinald

Forum rules
Trolls will feel the wrath of Kam
mdiehl
Sergeant Major

Another Life (Netflix)

#1 Post by mdiehl » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Space drama. Extraterrestrial contact leads to complicated space mission where things go awry.

Critics have panned it, proving once again that the only people attracted to television criticism as a career are generally morons.

IMO its a good show. Good effects, good acting, plot a bit formulaic so far but Ive seen two episodes. It's solid "Grade B" s.f. and has the potential to become even better. Katee Sackhoff ("Starbuck" from the new Battlestar Galactica series) has the lead.
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane
"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits
'Our father, which art in heaven..' "May he fucking stay there." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

Re: Another Life (Netflix)

#2 Post by Anthropoid » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:31 am

Sounds interesting!

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#3 Post by NefariousKoel » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Is this the new one in which the second scene features a bunch of whiny 20-something millennial stereotypes getting to know their new commander on the spaceship? By being narcissistic snobs & whiners? With the chick from the Battlestar Galactica reboot series?

If that's the one, I couldn't continue watching. All the other characters came off as unlikable at best. First ~15 minutes, I was already hoping they'd travel straight into the plasma embrace of a star.

mdiehl
Sergeant Major

#4 Post by mdiehl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Yes that one. Happily the whiney millenials are being picked off one by one owing to their own personal suckitational fields. Captain Battlestar killed one of 'em herself and in the most recent episode told Spaceman Biff to go fuck himself. So its ok.
'Our father, which art in heaven..' "May he fucking stay there." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#5 Post by NefariousKoel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:30 am

mdiehl wrote:Yes that one. Happily the whiney millenials are being picked off one by one owing to their own personal suckitational fields. Captain Battlestar killed one of 'em herself and in the most recent episode told Spaceman Biff to go fuck himself. So its ok.
Ahh. So they were supposed to be annoying so we'd be happy to see them killed?

Not the most sophisticated writing, but perhaps the series gets better after all. :lol:

mdiehl
Sergeant Major

#6 Post by mdiehl » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 am

Theres a certain moderate degree of 'Ima head into the basement to check out the growling noises even though the lights and my flashlight do not work' element that is fun. Also, Spaceman Biff bought the farm. So its interesting enough that I watch it during my workouts.