maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 90  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tolerance and free speech
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:23 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19875
Not to mention a security detail is not going to know ahead of time what is in the milkshake cup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
jack t ripper wrote:
Not to mention a security detail is not going to know ahead of time what is in the milkshake cup

Good point.
Acid attacks in the UK is a thing now.
How would you know ahead of time what’s in the cup?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:06 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 19776
chijohnaok wrote:

As for Burger King seemingly acting to egg this sort of behavior on...they are being shifted to my "No" list.
They already ranked behind McDonald's, Wendy's and Five Guys (that is in no particular order) for burger places. I see no reason to go out of my way to give them my business.

My rare last couple visits to BK has been a shitty experience.

Their quality seems to be following their activism down the shithole. More reason to write their smegma off. Time for their wokeness to get broke.

I'd be surprised if the Wendy's PR dude didn't take advantage of it and ridicule BK some more. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16928
My experience has been the opposite. McDs is really bad and even the ability to get the order right is sketchy at best. IMO BK burgers on the whole are much better. But there are definitely some rather rum franchise BKs out there.

I missed the PC side of this. What's the problem?

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

McD...fries pretty good. Fish Burger...not bad in a retro kind of way.

Hamburgers? Terrible.

In and Out? yeah, baby.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:23 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 12189
Whataburger is the best!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
My experience has been the opposite. McDs is really bad and even the ability to get the order right is sketchy at best. IMO BK burgers on the whole are much better. But there are definitely some rather rum franchise BKs out there.

I missed the PC side of this. What's the problem?

I don’t have the links to it handy at the moment, but from what I gather, several political candidates running for office in the UK have had milkshakes thrown at/poured on them while they were out campaigning in public. One of the candidates is Tommy Robinson (who is running as an independent) and another candidate was Carl Benjamin (aka Sargon of Akkad) who is a member of UKIP. The local police department asked establishments to temporarily not sell milkshakes in the jurisdiction where this happened (somewhat extreme IMHO). McDonalds acquiesced to the request. Burger King (their UK operation I believe) tweeted a snarky comment about everyone having fun and going out to buy milkshakes (which I believe was intended as a sort of *wink wink* endorsement of throwing milkshakes at political candidates).

Where I think Burger King was perhaps wrong in subtly endorsing milkshake throwing is that the UK has a serious problem with people throwing bottles/containers of liquid (acid) at others. There have been hundreds of such incidents just in the last few years, with horrific affects (burns) on the victims. Burger King’s Tweets condones throwing containers of liquids at people. Unfortunately the person on the receiving end of it may not know what is in that container until it’s too late.

Additionally, it seems thus far that the recipient of these “milkshake tossings” are on the “perceived” right of center politically and those doing the throwing are probably leftists.

When candidates for office are out in public meeting with voters, taking questions and providing answers to those voters, do we really want those candidates *attacked* in this way?

IMHO, these sorts of incidents will push candidates further away from the public at large, for example, into controlled type situations where the candidate is separated from the public, surrounded by security or set off at a distance from the public. I appreciate a candidate that is willing to be out on the streets, meeting face to face with voters and discussing the issues that concern those voters. Throwing things at them will only discourage this sort of face to face interaction.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:35 pm 
First Sergeant

Chi has it spot on. Nigel Farage got hit with a milkshake today after BurgerKing put out a tweet saying "‘Dear people of Scotland. We’re selling milkshakes all weekend. Have fun #justsaying"

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/19/burger-k ... s-9598586/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16928
Whataburger is pretty good.
Also, here in the desert sw, Blake's Lotaburger. Excellent burgers.
Can't stand InNOut. Rather eat at Five Guys any day.

As to BK, it sounds to me less like inducement to political violence than some British dumbass tweeting off the top of his head. He happens to work for BK. I doubt that BK-Britain had any involvement and am quite sure that in a few days the dumbass will be sent to a BK re-education camp where "Don't stain the corporate image" will be branded onto his hide in some memorable place.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

A British politician was murdered during the Brexit campaign. i don't think anyone should be throwing shit at politicians.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 90  Next