uboat

Game and computer related topics only. Tech questions and answers.

Trolls will be waterboarded

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Forum rules
No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.
C_S
Sergeant Major

uboat

#1 Post by C_S » Fri May 03, 2019 1:09 pm

https://store.steampowered.com/app/494840/UBOAT/

early access. steam reviews are accurate I reckon. Cool game w/ some bugs. prolly of interest to ppl who like submarine games.

I bought it. The game runs fine on my rig. Ran into a mission bug. The game has never 'crashed'.

I predict this game will be a hit. It looks good.
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

Re: uboat

#2 Post by EUBanana » Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm

That’s the multicrew focused game?

How required is the multicrew stuff?
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

C_S
Sergeant Major

#3 Post by C_S » Sun May 05, 2019 5:03 pm

It's a good looking game. I bought it mostly to support it's further development. I played through the tutorial, thought it was pretty cool. I haven't got further into it, I reckon the crew management stuff will need balance, but I haven't messed w/ it. it's not built yet.
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#4 Post by EUBanana » Tue May 07, 2019 5:43 am

It does look cool but I read that they were going for a U-boaty version of Star Trek Bridge Crew.

Which sounds neat in theory but in practice means I'll never get to play it, because those multicrewed games are a bear to organise and playing with randoms just doesn't work.

Had a blast with Guns of Icarus for the brief time that I had a team to play with but the chances of getting a team with a hard core subsim are even lower still...
“The gap in EU finances arising from the United Kingdom’s withdrawal and from the financing needs of new priorities need to be clearly acknowledged.” - Mario Monti

C_S
Sergeant Major

#5 Post by C_S » Tue May 07, 2019 3:04 pm

It's a single player game.

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#6 Post by EUBanana » Wed May 08, 2019 3:18 am

C_S wrote:It's a single player game.
Nice.
Getting it then, always in the market for sub sims!

Playing Cold Waters quite a lot still.

C_S
Sergeant Major

#7 Post by C_S » Wed May 08, 2019 12:24 pm

You command the crew. Tell the engineer to fix the compressor, diesel, motor etc. Sonar man. 5 different officers you can command w/ apoint click, or double click and control them first person. Just walking around on deck and through the whole sub first person is cool.

officers can be killed or wounded, and gain experience though different actions. And points used to upgrade the boat. So it has a 'campaign' feel to it.

Example of gameplay: Evacuate compartments to bulkhead flooding, have the engineer get a breather from the storage room so he can repair the leak and pump out the compartment.

Gone through the tutorial twice. Played about 8 hours, haven't tried the sandbox yet.

Rob, I bought it and don't regret the purchase. I'll play some more tonight. Not too expensive @ 25 beans. I don't have a problem recommending it. W/ steam you can get your money back if it's a dog.

EUBanana
Sergeant Major

#8 Post by EUBanana » Wed May 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Wolfpack is the game I was thinking of, thats early access too.

Multiplayer, hyperrealistic. Unless Mad Dogs get a U boat crew together I'm sure that'll be basically unplayable. Unfortunately. Looks like it'd pwn.

Uboat I just bought! downloading now. Always in the market for sub sims.