maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Harumpfh. English Gentlemen hardly need lectures on manners from some rabid colonial bumpkin

Post subject: Re: 7 MPs leave Labour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19050
If they were so noble then they should face a by election. They are beholden to their electors.

They won't though. Which is pathetic after the example made by UKIP. Because they would lose. And with it their fat salaries. Some democrats...

It's pretty nice for all the europhiles to go commit seppuku at the same time. Given many of them were about to be deselected by their constituencies, it's a case of jumping before they were pushed. I know Soubry and Wollaston at least were both under pressure from their constituencies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 682
EUBanana wrote:
If they were so noble then they should face a by election. They are beholden to their electors.

They won't though. Which is pathetic after the example made by UKIP. Because they would lose. And with it their fat salaries. Some democrats...

It's pretty nice for all the europhiles to go commit seppuku at the same time. Given many of them were about to be deselected by their constituencies, it's a case of jumping before they were pushed. I know Soubry and Wollaston at least were both under pressure from their constituencies.

Why should they face a by election. Anyway the tory deserters are from remain districts. Their idea is to be heroes of the stop-brexit movement and save the country.

And I bet there will be more deserters/heroes. ;)

We are living in interesting times.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
Why should they face a by election. Anyway the tory deserters are from remain districts.

Because they stood on a manifesto not very long, that they obviously had no intention of respecting. Thus they were elected under false pretenses, and should face the electorates again.

As the UKIP guys did. But then I suppose as EU lovers we should know in advance that democratic transparency isn't anything more than a barefaced lie with these scum.

And they aren't all from remain constituencies. Anna Soubry is MP for Broxstowe, 54% leave. And I hope there are more of them. So with the next election they can all be swept into the dustbin of history. Remember : they represent the losing side.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
nero wrote:
Why should they face a by election. Anyway the tory deserters are from remain districts.

Because they stood on a manifesto not very long, that they obviously had no intention of respecting. Thus they were elected under false pretenses, and should face the electorates again.

As the UKIP guys did. But then I suppose as EU lovers we should know in advance that democratic transparency isn't anything more than a barefaced lie with these scum.

And they aren't all from remain constituencies. Anna Soubry is MP for Broxstowe, 54% leave. And I hope there are more of them. So with the next election they can all be swept into the dustbin of history. Remember : they represent the losing side.

So much for the manifestos.

As for Anna Soubry, I rather prefer not to meet a women like she is. :shock:

But then in one way or another, I think that the traitors in the Parliament manage to make a law to ban the no-deal-brexit. ;)

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Yeah, I'm not sure these folks splitting off are exactly "my kind of people" ... but I'm watching the show ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Neither did Totnes vote to remain. (It shouldn't be so surprising, 2/3rds of constituencies voted to leave).

Here you can listen to Sarah Wollaston being a lying hypocrite if you want. This is the basis upon which she was elected.

Maybe Nero thinks its a-ok for a politician to say one thing, get elected, and then do a 180. But I do not. If they really want to do that the honourable thing would be to face their electorates again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:59 am 
Sergeant Major

And here's Heidi Allen also lying through her teeth...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:10 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
EUBanana wrote:
Neither did Totnes vote to remain. (It shouldn't be so surprising, 2/3rds of constituencies voted to leave).

Here you can listen to Sarah Wollaston being a lying hypocrite if you want. This is the basis upon which she was elected.

Maybe Nero thinks its a-ok for a politician to say one thing, get elected, and then do a 180. But I do not. If they really want to do that the honourable thing would be to face their electorates again.

Perhaps Nero does not mind hypocrites, as long as their views agree with his? ;-)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:49 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

Perhaps Nero does not mind hypocrites, as long as their views agree with his? ;-)

I would not call the leavers as hypocrites, but frustrated for their party leaders putting partisan benefits before the benefit of the nation.

And they meet their electorates in good time during the next General Election, if they choose to continue in politics at all. And then the notion of having by elections has no legal base at all.

We are living in interesting times.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:41 am 
Sergeant Major

Anna Soubry just chickened out of appearing on Question Time (flagship politics program) because she was afraid of being torn a new a-hole. That's what a popular individual she is now. Next election if she stands again in Broxstowe for the new TIG she's gonna lose, hard.

All that's happened is they jumped before they were pushed. And given May's wetness, they might not even have been pushed at all. I actually think the TIG is great, all those MPs removing themselves from the running. The next Parliament might be considerably more representative as a result if all the loudest euronutters excuse themselves. They might have the advantage over UKIP in that their support is more concentrated which is good for first past the post elections, they could probably get a few seats in London I imagine where the fifth column is strongest. Unfortunately over half the Tiggers who jumped ship are from Leave voting constituencies so they didnt think that through. :lol:

And all the smoke about it being about anti-semitism looks like lies when you have other MPs who already quit about anti-semitism like Frank Field, but happen to be eurosceptics, who are not in the TIG. It's the sore losers party, nothing more.

In the UK it looks like the swamp is draining itself. A lot of the sheer trouble these MPs like Grieve are getting up to is, I think, because they are demob happy - they have no intention of running for election again and therefore are free agents, able to throw as many spanners in the works as they can. I think some of the old guard ones like Kenneth Clarke still have some party loyalty is all that stops them from being too nutsy.

If the TIG destabilise Parliament so much that even with the DUP May can no longer govern, they've just accelerated their own demise because there'll have to be an election. I would be surprised if even a single one of the Tory ones kept their seats. I know less of the Labour guys, maybe Chuka Umunna has some personal brand, and Corbyn has tarnished the Labour Party quite badly, so maybe some of them will survive a People's Vote. :lol:

Profile E-mail