my description of neuropathy for a non sufferer

Game and computer related topics only. Tech questions and answers.

Trolls will be waterboarded

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Forum rules
No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.
C_S
Sergeant Major

my description of neuropathy for a non sufferer

#1 Post by C_S » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Get barefooted, step in water, then walk across sand so it sticks. Stop to clean the bottom of ur feet and realize there's not one grit there to be brushed off. Keep walking on sand for the rest of your life. In the shower every morning scrub ur feet, even though there's nothing on them. Walk on the sun w/ ur feet ablaze every step

The spazms go away w/ a heavy indica. For whatever reason.
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

C_S
Sergeant Major

Re: my description of neuropathy for a non sufferer

#2 Post by C_S » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:51 pm

posted in the wrong forum.
This post is not a legal document under any circumstance. It has not been prepared at all and is written offhand in jest while mentally impaired.
Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of a psychoanalyst.

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#3 Post by NefariousKoel » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Had it in my left hand years ago. Ulnar neuropathy.

Doc said I was, by far, the youngest person he'd ever seen with it at 35.

Would wake up in the morning, and part of my hand would be pins and needles for a bit, but it would go away after awhile. Then one day it just never went away. I was in the middle of working and preparing to move so I didn't end up doing anything about it for a couple months. Damn hand had practically shriveled up and atrophied at that point since I could barely use the bottom half of my left hand. :|

They cut open my elbow, pulled the nerve out, and stuffed it up under the muscle on the inside of my arm (ulnar nerve translocation). Doc said I should have a full recovery after awhile, but it never quite fully recovered. Pinky and ring finger still somewhat retarded and slow. Luckily playing guitar isn't one of my hobbies because it would've ruined that. Had to retrain myself to type without using my left pinky after awhile.

I just hope my right hand doesn't go the same direction. :?

11Bravo
Staff Sergeant

#4 Post by 11Bravo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Most stories like that end with a joke about jerking off.
Would an ape make a human doll that TALKS?

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#5 Post by NefariousKoel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:40 pm

11Bravo wrote:Most stories like that end with a joke about jerking off.
It's easier to give yourself "the stranger" when your hand is numb. :P

C_S
Sergeant Major

#6 Post by C_S » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm in so much pain today I can't even think.

Once I get home I'll dab heavy indica and feel a little bit better.

My earlier description of how it feels - walk on legos...Every step.. For the rest of ur life..

It's pretty brutal.

C_S
Sergeant Major

#7 Post by C_S » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Walk on im for the rest of ur life, pussies.

C_S
Sergeant Major

#8 Post by C_S » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:41 pm

I'm sorry. Haven't been feeling well lately. Sucks.

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#9 Post by NefariousKoel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:30 pm

Is it nerve damage or caused by a condition?

The Docs actually kinda helped my nerve damage with some surgery. Even though it never fully recovered, it's still in far better shape than before.

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#10 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:12 pm

I have dislocated both soldiers over the decades: left in a drunken misadventure in the '80s. Right in a caving accident round about 2006.

The left bothered a lot in the 1990s but I think I finally managed to heal it up fully by about 1993. Mainly stretching, "C.A.R" or CAR like (controlled articular rotations) and "Nerve glide" type motions. The stuff an ortho and a physio had me do with therabands also helped a lot.

The right . . . I got sedentary not long after it happened, and while I felt it had fully healed it had not, which was revealed when I resumed rock climbing last spring. Wound up in quite a bit of pain and got a physio for a half dozen visits and he taught me some new stuff (including the stuff about CARs and nerve glides).

If it isn't paralyzed, then it can be mediated. Maybe never back to 100% but at least some.