maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Absolute State Of The UK Police
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17050
jack t ripper wrote:
That is a very important insight because, taken in that light, the jokes seem aimed at government incompetence or neglect. I imagine some government entity was the landlord, right?

It was indeed caused by government incompetence, and yeah, government landlord.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... as-dropped

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000

Probably not a British police officer, but could well be in the future...

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

We're getting microchipped lads...

Quote:
Alarm over talks to implant UK employees with microchips

Trades Union Congress concerned over tech being used to control and micromanage

Britain’s biggest employer organisation and main trade union body have sounded the alarm over the prospect of British companies implanting staff with microchips to improve security.

UK firm BioTeq, which offers the implants to businesses and individuals, has already fitted 150 implants in the UK.

The tiny chips, implanted in the flesh between the thumb and forefinger, are similar to those for pets. They enable people to open their front door, access their office or start their car with a wave of their hand, and can also store medical data.

Another company, Biohax of Sweden, also provides human chip implants the size of a grain of rice. It told the Sunday Telegraph (£) that it is in discussions with several British legal and financial firms about fitting their employees with microchips, including one major company with hundreds of thousands of employees.

A CBI spokesperson said: “While technology is changing the way we work, this makes for distinctly uncomfortable reading. Firms should be concentrating on rather more immediate priorities and focusing on engaging their employees.”

The TUC is worried that staff could be coerced into being microchipped. Its general secretary Frances O’Grady said: “We know workers are already concerned that some employers are using tech to control and micromanage, whittling away their staff’s right to privacy.

“Microchipping would give bosses even more power and control over their workers. There are obvious risks involved, and employers must not brush them aside, or pressure staff into being chipped.”

Steven Northam, the founder and owner of Hampshire-based BioTeq, told the Guardian that most of its 150 implants have been for individuals, while some financial and engineering firms have also had the chips implanted in their staff.

BioTeq has also implanted them in employees of a bank testing the technology, and has shipped them to Spain, France, Germany, Japan and China.

They cost between £70 and £260 per person. Northam himself and all the directors at BioTeq and one of his other companies, IncuHive, have been microchipped.

Jowan Österlund, the founder of Biohax and a former body piercer, told the Telegraph that his microchips, which cost £150 each, could help financial and legal firms improve security. “These companies have sensitive documents they are dealing with. [The chips] would allow them to set restrictions for whoever.”

Österlund said big companies, with 200,000 employees, could offer this as an opt-in. “If you have a 15% uptake that is still a huge number of people that won’t require a physical ID pass.”

Last year Wisconsin-based Three Square Market partnered with Biohax and became the first company in the US to microchip its employees, on a voluntary basis.

KPMG, one of the big four accountancy firms, said it was not planning to microchip its employees and “would under no circumstances consider doing so”.

Fellow accounting firms EY and PwC also said they would not consider microchipping their employees. Deloitte declined to comment.

Biohax has plans to open an office in London, according to its website. It claims 4,000 people have been microchipped, mostly in Sweden. It is working with the state-owned Swedish rail firm Statens Järnvägar, to allow its passengers to travel via chip implants rather than train tickets. Biohax did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... microchips

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17050
William Gibson seems more right every day... cyberpunk totalitarianism is coming!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Oh, sure....what could POSSIBLY go wrong. :roll: At least with your phone you can take the battery out or leave it behind when you go to the gay bathhouse. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

What’s the worry!
—-No one will ever be able to hack the tracking system.
—-Government/law enforcement will never subpoena a company for tracking information on one of its employees.
—-No one could ever hack into the system and change the name on your tracking/ID implant to Osama bin Laden/name of whoever is on the FBI Most Wanted List

That stuff could/would NEVER happen...amirite?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

How about armed micro drones tracking you down by your implant. :lol:

Or bad guys chopping your hand off and then going to the ATM :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Ministers have ruled out dropping the “reasonable grounds” requirement for stop and search following left-wing outcry that the tactic is “racist”, despite police pleas to widen the powers.

Breitbart London previously reported that police officials had been in talks with the Home Office over the last two weeks about relaxing the rules in response to knife crime surging across England and Wales.

But on Monday, policing minister Nick Hurd announced that while the government wanted to “reduce bureaucracy” related to the tactic, he told the House of Commons, “We don’t want to go back to the bad old days of stop and search”.

Responding to a question from shadow minister Afzal Khan, he said: “The house should be clear that we have no plans to change the requirements that reasonable grounds for suspicion are needed before a routine stop and search is carried out.”

Figures show the number of stop and searches carried out plummeted and violence began to soar following the introduction of the requirement in 2015, when the then-Home Secretary Theresa May — now Prime Minister — claimed slashing police use of the tactic would “actually help reduce knife crime” by improving trust between young black men and the police.

Describing routine searching of suspects as a “colossal waste of police resources”, Khan urged the policing minister to dismiss pressure to expand powers amidst the deadly crime epidemic which has seen five people killed within the space of just one week in London.

Quote:
Backing this view in Tuesday’s Daily Telegraph, former Nottinghamshire Police detective Andrew O’Hagan argued that officers today are “too afraid to use” stop and search powers for fear of losing their jobs amidst accusations of racism.

Quote:
Labour responded to reports that the government was going to relax requirements for searching suspects with a statement in which Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott claimed the tactic has done nothing but “[poison] relationships between young people and the police”.

“Racism is against the law and should never be tolerated. Stop and search is already too easily done on the basis of racial profiling,” the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP alleged.

Merseyside Police chief Andy Cooke condemned the public focus on whether use of the tactic was disproportionate earlier this year, when he described stop and search as the “single greatest power that the police have to target and disrupt crime”.

“This is about criminality not race. There’s an awful lot of advice from people not involved in policing around this issue. I would ask that they let police officers get on with the job. There’s the right scrutiny in place and it is the right thing to do,” he told The Times.

Article at https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... ife-surge/

May tightened the 'stop and search' policy...then knife attacks went up.
Police chief asks for a relaxing saying stop and search is the best tool for them to deter crime.
Politicians say "no"

I guess politicians don't want to stop crime.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

I'm going to put this up here rather than in the Jordan Peterson thread as it brings up topics that have been talked about in this thread. Jordan Peterson on BBC's Question Time...

Dianne Abbot comes across as like a retarded child once again. :roll:

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Nearly 400 people join a vigilante group in Birmingham after losing faith in the local police...

Quote:
A vigilante mob is patrolling the streets of Birmingham in response to a shocking wave of violent crime. Nearly 400 people have joined the community watchdog group ‘We Stand Determined’, which formed three weeks ago on Facebook after losing trust in their local police. They are encouraging all its members and the wider community to report any dangers and threats, day or night.

Organisers Wayne, Tracy and Michael founded the group after discovering a friend had been attacked in his home by thieves armed with hammers. Earlier today, West Midlands Police released a disturbing video of a gang of seven thugs hacking a man on the floor with a machete. We Stand Determined run twice-weekly patrols across the city, but insist the group is non-violent and seeks to work in partnership with the police, not against it. Solihull-based college lecturer Wayne, 47, who does not wish to reveal his surname for fears over his safety, thinks crime in the UK is getting out of hand.

He said: ‘The way our group started, and the reaction we’ve had, has showed us how much local communities need groups like us to fill in the gaps the authorities simply don’t have the funding for. ‘There has been a recent spate of crime in Birmingham recently and Solihull in particular has fallen victim to an increase of just under 1,500 more cases so far this year. ‘People needed someone to turn to, someone who will listen and visit them in their home if a constituent is fearful for their own safety. ‘We’re vigilantes, but we’re vigilantes with a twist, working within the law and not against it. ‘Our group is a central place for the local community to come together to log crimes, comment and help stop crime in the area.’

Recently, Birmingham has been blighted by a wave of stabbings, shootings and murders. Also plaguing the city are ‘Corsa Cannibals’ known for stripping down Vauxhall Corsas to sell the parts on. Tracy said We Stand Determined is not against West Midlands Police, as they understand the force can only do what they can with limited funding. The group has big plans to generate a totally new level of support in the area by organising buddy systems for the elderly and defence classes for anyone who feels unable to protect themselves. They hope to grow bigger and claim to have representatives based in every area of the country willing to help.

Tracy, 48, said: ‘We stress to our members that if they see something, they should notify the police first. ‘We would like to join up with the police, but we want to be able to make our own decisions on where the help is really needed, and not where the police tell us to be.’ Wayne added: ‘We hope to gather funding to support out future objectives, at the moment we are totally self-funded.

‘I just want to make a big difference to the area, and help anyone, anywhere, who needs it. Crime here is getting out of hand. ‘We’re so proud of our community, for standing up to what we believe is an ongoing issue that’s yet to have a solution.’ A spokesman for West Midlands Police said officers were aware of multiple groups but advised members to join police-approved Streetwatch programmes instead.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/14/nearly-4 ... e-8138033/

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next