maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 865 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Obama DOJ & FBI Conspiracy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
So, McCabe leaked a story about an investigation about the Clinton Foundation to cover his tracks about being an obvious partisan hack whose wife got a $500,000 donation from Clintonista and full-time partisan hack, Terry McAuliff.

And then he lied to his boss, Comey (also a proven leaker), and the IG , and Congress....and got his cowardly ass fired.

So, in the FBI leaking is OK...but don't lie about it if you get caught?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Also, what about the FBI cabal and the "Russia probe"? Strzok, Page, McCabe, Crapper et al.?

Am I to understand that the IG wasn't looking into any of this after all this time?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

And, also take this into consideration:
The leaks that McCabe made, (and his lies around them) were not regarding leaks that were made about Trump, about his campaign, or to make Trump look bad.
Those leaks were ALL regarding the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton.

So would someone have us believe that Trump had McCabe fired because of something McCabe did to poor Crooked Hillary?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1209
People in Russia trusts the official organs, so Putin has won. :lol:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

DOJ releases report used to justify firing of ex-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe.

Read it. ;)

The key question is who did speak to the WSJ, who is the leaker.

And find out what lack of candor really is. Sometimes telling the truth. But then we are living in curious times. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:
DOJ releases report used to justify firing of ex-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe.

Read it. ;)

And find out what lack of candor really is. Sometimes telling the truth. But then we are living in curious times. :roll:

I read it. It says McCabe AUTHORIZED the leak under his authority as 2nd in command at FBI. The subordinate who then confirmed the WSJ story was therefore simply following an apparently lawful order. The problem for McCabe is it wasn't a lawful order if he was doing it to cover his partisan tracks...and he KNEW this and lied about it later.

"Lack of candor" means answering a question in a non-fulsome manner meant to deceive the questioner. Essentially, it means don't answer the question like Hillary or Bill would answer it.

Eg.

FBI: "Did you drive a 2105 black BMW 530i with tan interior to work today?"

McCabe: "No" <thinks to himself...hehe it was a 528i with tan interior..ehheheh..dumbass>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
nero wrote:

Read it. ;)

I read it. It says McCabe AUTHORIZED the leak under his authority as 2nd in command at FBI. The subordinate who then confirmed the WSJ story was therefore simply following an apparently lawful order. The problem for McCabe is it wasn't a lawful order if he was doing it to cover his partisan tracks...and he KNEW this and lied about it later.

"Lack of candor" means answering a question in a non-fulsome manner meant to deceive the questioner. Essentially, it means don't answer the question like Hillary or Bill would answer it.

Eg.

FBI: "Did you drive a 2105 black BMW 530i with tan interior to work today?"

McCabe: "No" <thinks to himself...hehe it was a 528i with tan interior..ehheheh..dumbass>

Ex-FBI deputy McCabe lied, was source of leak, Justice Dept. says.

He did not authorise anyone, he leaked himself. And he was authorised to do that by his rank and position.

So where is the lack of candor? :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

nero wrote:

Ex-FBI deputy McCabe lied, was source of leak, Justice Dept. says.

He did not authorise anyone, he leaked himself. And he was authorised to do that by his rank and position.

So where is the lack of candor? :roll:

Where is the lack of candor?

I detailed that in my post on the prior page but since you missed (or ignored) it I will post the details for you again:

1)
Quote:
We found that, in a conversation with then-Director Comey shortly after the
WSJ article was published, McCabe lacked candor when he told Comey, or made
statements that led Comey to believe, that McCabe had not authorized the
disclosure and did not know who did.
This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.5
(Lack of Candor – No Oath).

2)
Quote:
We also found that on May 9, 2017, when questioned under oath by FBI
agents from INSD, McCabe lacked candor when he told the agents that he had not
authorized the disclosure to the WSJ and did not know who did.
This conduct
violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

3)
Quote:
We further found that on July 28, 2017, when questioned under oath by the
OIG in a recorded interview, McCabe lacked candor when he stated: (a) that he
was not aware of Special Counsel having been authorized to speak to reporters
around October 30 and (b) that, because he was not in Washington, D.C., on
October 27 and 28, 2016, he was unable to say where Special Counsel was or what
she was doing at that time.
This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of
Candor – Under Oath).

4)
Quote:
We additionally found that on November 29, 2017, when questioned under
oath by the OIG in a recorded interview during which he contradicted his prior
statements by acknowledging that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ,
McCabe lacked candor when he: (a) stated that he told Comey on October 31,
2016, that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ; (b) denied telling INSD
agents on May 9 that he had not authorized the disclosure to the WSJ about the
PADAG call; and (c) asserted that INSD’s questioning of him on May 9 about the
October 30 WSJ article occurred at the end of an unrelated meeting when one of
the INSD agents pulled him aside and asked him one or two questions about the
article.
This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

5)
Quote:
Lastly, we determined that as Deputy Director, McCabe was authorized to
disclose the existence of the CF Investigation publicly if such a disclosure fell within
the “public interest” exception in applicable FBI and DOJ policies generally
prohibiting such a disclosure of an ongoing investigation.
However, we concluded
that McCabe’s decision to confirm the existence of the CF Investigation through an
anonymously sourced quote, recounting the content of a phone call with a senior
Department official in a manner designed to advance his personal interests at the
expense of Department leadership, was clearly not within the public interest
exception.
We therefore concluded that McCabe’s disclosure of the existence of an
ongoing investigation in this manner violated the FBI’s and the Department’s media
policy and constituted misconduct.

That was quoted from the DoJ Inspector General report which I had posted a link to.
There was no need for you to link to a USA Today article ABOUT the report when you could have simply read the report for yourself.

Those are five separate instances where McCabe violated the FBI Offense Code. At least three of those lies/mistatements were made under oath, which probably would rise to the level of perjury.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1621
Quote:
18 U.S. Code § 1621 - Perjury generally
US Code
Notes
Authorities (CFR)
prev | next
Whoever—
(1) having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2) in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 773; Pub. L. 88–619, § 1, Oct. 3, 1964, 78 Stat. 995; Pub. L. 94–550, § 2, Oct. 18, 1976, 90 Stat. 2534; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(I), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

The above statute provides for a fine and/or up to five years in prison as punishment.

McCabe could still find himself under criminal prosecution for perjury and could be facing jail time.
McCabe is an attorney so he should have a fairly decent understanding of what the law is.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
McCabe’s basic claim after he was fired was that he was a victim of a politicized effort by the Trump administration to ruin his good name and the reputation of the FBI. It doesn’t help McCabe’s case that one of the people claiming he lied is noted Trump-fan James Comey. It was Comey who said McCabe had led him to believe he had not authorized the leak. Is it really credible, now that Comey’s Trump-trashing book is out, that Comey was part of a White House effort to ruin McCabe’s good name?

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/13/ ... rt-mccabe/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

"Lack of candor" :lol: :lol:

Seems to me that high bar was met in the same way the Operation Castle Bravo was an "explosive device" :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 865 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 87  Next