LAVA plays DDs in World of Warships... Videos

Game and computer related topics only. Tech questions and answers.

Trolls will be waterboarded

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Forum rules
No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.
Lava
Sergeant

LAVA plays DDs in World of Warships... Videos

#1 Post by Lava » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:40 am

So, like most, I play World of Warships.

I'm not very good overall and destroyers are the hardest group I have playing. So... time to get better though this is going to be a difficult task. A change of pace for those tired of watching folks showing how leet they are. 8-)

Am new to YouTube as well... so expect verbal incoherence at times.
"In this present crisis, Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

Re: LAVA plays DDs in World of Warships... Videos

#2 Post by NefariousKoel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Gotta new recruit. :twisted:

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#3 Post by chijohnaok » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Lava wrote:So, like most, I play World of Warships.

I'm not very good overall and destroyers are the hardest group I have playing. So... time to get better though this is going to be a difficult task. A change of pace for those tired of watching folks showing how leet they are. 8-)

Am new to YouTube as well... so expect verbal incoherence at times.

The Mutsuki Chicken gave a good accounting of himself.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Lava
Sergeant

#4 Post by Lava » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:39 am

NefariousKoel wrote:Gotta new recruit. :twisted:
Been playing quite awhile with a gaming group. The game is fun but when it comes to DDs the old man here just doesn't have the situation awareness, response time and gunnery/torpedo skills to do well.

I'm trying to get better... but can I?

A couple catastrophic games followed and then not a bad game in the V-22:

Note: I continually embarrass myself in the commentary... :oops:
"In this present crisis, Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#5 Post by NefariousKoel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am

I've not been playing lately, but I'll be back into it at some point.

You should drop your game handle, for the Friends List, and team up with the rest of us on occasion. 2ndACR is always at it, and us others tend to play for stretches.

We tend to regularly do better as a group. So says my stats over the years. 8-)

My s/n is "NefariousK" if you want to add me.

2ndAcr
Sergeant

#6 Post by 2ndAcr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:42 pm

2ndAcr01 is my handle over there on the NA server..................depends on what server Lava is playing on.

Nef needs to get off his but, I am over 7000 battles already.

What Tier you mainly playing Lava? If you read the WOW thread here, you know we play a crapload of Tier 10. But if you come around, I will purchase a couple low tier and try to help you out some.

WARNING..................I have some bad habits, like gun fighting BB's in my DD's at times, and tend to play very/too aggressive.

Lava
Sergeant

#7 Post by Lava » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:22 pm

Well guys, my nick is "BWC_LAVA" and I play on the NA server, even though I live in Spain.

I think I am fairly comfortable at tier 6/7 ish (except DDs). I have the Bismark, Lexington, Atago and Tripitz, but I'm not very comfortable at tier 8.

Been awhile since I played and I am just getting back into it. I like CVs quite a bit and have done reasonably well with the Tier 7 Hiryu. Bought the Akaga and still haven't played it. Once I've had my fill of DDs I'll probably start playing CVs again.

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#8 Post by chijohnaok » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:21 pm

I've played WoWs for probably around 5 years but played very little in the last few years.

My name on the NA server is the same as it is here: "Chijohnaok".

I think my highest tier is 8.

I've played exactly 1 carrier battle (in a Langley) and I sucked at it.

When I have occasionally played over the last 6 months it was on the test server. That allows me to play ships and tiers that I don't have yet on the normal server.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

2ndAcr
Sergeant

#9 Post by 2ndAcr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 pm

Okay, I will look for you over there and tag you.

Nef, gonna be pissed when he see's you play CV. That is the scourge of WoWs. Sky Cancer.

Always remember, tier 6 see's tier 8, tier 7 see's tier 9, tier 8 see's tier 10. There is not a huge difference between 9 and 10 play. Some but not much. Main difference, tier 10 ships are more evil than tier 9 ships overall. Roon at 9 is powerful, but Hindenburg is a monster at 10. I Iowa is powerful at 9 but Montana has another turret of them big guns to pop you with. Fletcher is a monster at 9, Gearing torps go further, Yugumo is powerful but Shima has another rack of torpedos.

I got you tagged and will watch for you, I also sent you a Clan invite, you can join your oil with us and take advantage of some of the benefits being in a Clan gives. Lower repair costs, ship purchase costs etc.

Lava
Sergeant

#10 Post by Lava » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:52 am

Sorry boys, I can't accept a clan invite because I belong to a gaming group which prohibits it. I was a clan member of BWC awhile back, but seeing as they play on the NA server (which I do to) and seem to enjoy destroying themselves personally in clan battles, I stopped showing up to practice and they clipped my clan tag.

No biggy... the games are so late at night, no chance I could participate.