maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
 Post subject: Re: president O'bama indicted-sent back to Kenya
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:18 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
Quote:
According to The Guardian, there was indeed a British link to the investigation of Trump associates. In fact, MI-6 alerted the CIA in a director to director in-person communication. This suggest strongly some type of surveilance

Of course, that doesn't prove a British plot to defeat Trump but it does make Trump's claim seem a bit less paranoid.

It's not really paranoia is people really ARE spying on you. :lol:

It is more accurate to say that this event shows how conspirators work. They find or hear about something which is true, and they create an incredible (and stupid) story out of it. At that time it was the British intelligence, now it is the Syrian chemical attack. Tomorrow it will be something else: This is why people need to THINK before falling for this shit. In the case of the British intelligence, the promoted story required the belief that, for some reason, Obama would trust people who barely knew and controlled, such as British agents, to execute the most dangerous mission in modern politics; that of wiretapping the Trump Tower.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:00 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 15843
Nothing dangerous about it. Obama has been a scofflaw for eight years. He and his minions are above the law and they know it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
pamak wrote:

The NSA cannot make any change without the approval of the DOJ which is independent from the president. So, if these changes are approved by an independent authority, there should not be any problem. Does this exclude the possibility of a White House political influence on NSA. Of course not! Most probably there was, although this issue was too technical for the White House. Most probably NSA officials advised the politicians in the White House and in the DOJ that there was a real danger of seeing the next administration destroying any tracks that could be useful for the ongoing investigation and provided recommendations for dealing with this scenario in the form of changing the rules which made dissemination of the information easier among the different agencies.

I also believe that the NSA acted appropriately and within the current legal framework. Sure, you can claim that the current legal framework gives too much power to governmental agencies, and I will agree with it. If you want to change it, I am fine with it too. Still, as long as THIS is the current legal framework and nobody seems willing to change it, there is not an issue of any illegality. Therefore, if you claim that the issue of changing the rules was political, again I am fine with it. But if you claim that somehow Obama should feel ashamed for the way this political issue was treated by him or by his subordinates or by his independent AG, I disagree. The issue was handled in a way that made perfect sense. Trump has a huge political stake in this investigation and by the time of these changes, it was wildly known that Trump would not even accept the unanimous analysis of all 16 intelligence agencies about the Russian hacking. Therefore, it made perfect sense to make it much more difficult for him to use his influence as a president to prematurely destroy evidence and cover the identity of certain people in Trump's team who had contact with the Russians before it becomes certain that such contacts had nothing to do with the issue under investigation.

My bold emphasis above.

So what is the latest on that investigation?

Let's let Sen. Feinstein comment based on her latest briefing from the CIA:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Let me summarize the invisible one's argument.

"A sitting President should not have to honor the 4th Amendment if the incoming President is his political opponent."

Of course, the honor system applies. One should only do this when the incoming President is a Nazi and everyone knows it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

And based on what Sen. Feinstein says the CIA told her, there is no evidence of collusions (at this time) between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

pamak wrote:
Quote:
5) Clapper and Comey and Obama's former Deputy NSA guy all say NO evidence of collusion with the Russkis

You are too fast to make conclusions. During the hearing many of Trump's associates were mentioned, and it is obvious that there are still too many loose ends in this case. Moreover, there is no way to have a full investigation without going over line by line Trump's tax returns. It is obvious that this has not happened because we did not have any leaks to WaPo :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

It is a burden being right all the time, eh? :)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50