Reputation points: 17677
C_S wrote:
Just released it's being beta tested now :twisted:

LOL

Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:26 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 17020
I bought it for xbone via ms store. I like to buy things on PC usually but lately the xbone I have is quite a bit more powerful than my current PC. Anyway. I like the game. There are load times but it's only a few seconds. Really nothing. I like building settlements, planting stuff, generators, collecting junk to make it all happen, and so on. I'm doing missions to get more settlements. Will work on the story line later.

I'm going to give the game 2 thumbs up. I'm having a good time playing it, that's what it's all about.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:24 am 
First Sergeant

The 'lone survivor' perk means I can carry more shit around if I don't take a bud along. Except for the dog. I can take the dog w/ me w/o messing up the perk. I like the dog and take im w/ me anyway b/c he barks if anyone is around, he senses them. But he also gets me in a lot of fights b/c if someone fucks w/ my dog I'm suiting up and going to war. Nobody fucks w/ any of my critters, i'll kill im. That's pretty real for a role play.

"You hit my dog MFer. Prepare to die."

Great game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:31 pm 
Hair in the soap

Think I played about two hours of it.

Was disappointed that the fuckheads still haven't provided the extra PC video settings which have been requested after so many of their other games.

I still gotta go mod multiple text files to change FOV & shit, to reduce the splitting headache and nausea from the terrible default settings. Common complaint but they don't spend much time on the PC (re-)port. :evil: At least I can mod it but for $50 to $60, I shouldn't have to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:02 pm 
First Sergeant

:+: spoil maybe? :+:

Hooked up w/ Piper.

Saw a gigantic scorpion, I ran screaming like a little girl; Piper drew and bagged it. I slowly came back and shot it a few more times just to be sure it was dead.. She also saved my life when I opened a shack door an a mutant lunged at me, I was shocked; she was already drawn that thing was dead before I even realized what happened. She's sort of a badass. I also have her dressed in skimpy clothing. Her butt's too big. Also I can't schlep around as much crap when she's w/ me. I don't like her.

The NPCs are cool b/c of their lines so I hook up w/ im a bit. But when there's going to be a battle I go back to put on the power suit and collect my dog to prepare. The story might change later but for now I don't go into battle w/o my dog.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:08 pm 
First Sergeant

I've stopped playing it b/c of inventory management. B/c it's so fucking ponderous having to navigate menus to drop shit, and figure out what I want to tote.

Why not just give me the shit I want to shlep around w/ me anyway. Having to putz around and finagle my gear isn't interesting, it's a game stopper. It's fucking boring and annoying. Navigating around w/ menus is so much fun.. :roll: Killing ppl and taking their shit is fun, fucking around w/ the inventory menu isn't fun; it's a boring pain in the ass.

If I could disable it I would. RPGs need to drop that shit. It's not fun or interesting. It sucks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:12 am 
Hair in the soap

C_S wrote:
I've stopped playing it b/c of inventory management. B/c it's so fucking ponderous having to navigate menus to drop shit, and figure out what I want to tote.

Why not just give me the shit I want to shlep around w/ me anyway. Having to putz around and finagle my gear isn't interesting, it's a game stopper. It's fucking boring and annoying. Navigating around w/ menus is so much fun.. :roll: Killing ppl and taking their shit is fun, fucking around w/ the inventory menu isn't fun; it's a boring pain in the ass.

If I could disable it I would. RPGs need to drop that shit. It's not fun or interesting. It sucks.

The menus in Fallout 3/4 have always been an annoying pain in the ass.

I noticed someone made a mod for the Fallout 4 PC version that makes the item lists more efficient, and fits more on them at once, among other UI adjustments.

It's these kinds of much needed upgrades that were really needed in F4, all around. But the asshats didn't improve any of that shit. That's why I was a bit disappointed with it. It's just Fallout 3 with some new content but little actual game improvements. :roll: Still depends on the mod community to make it better.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:25 pm 
First Sergeant

I've started this again. Exploring and the story is fine but there's so much about this game that's annoying. I don't like the game enough to learn every nuance, I want it to be easy so I can cruise through the story. Even set at 'easiest' 'noob' level I consistently get killed dammit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 am 
First Sergeant

I don't remember seeing this before on console. On xbone version there's a mods option, click a mod to activate. Piece of cake. I downloaded a 'cheat console', and cheated heavily. I maxed out what I can carry, but I can spawn whatever so inventory management is no longer an annoying issue. The game is still challenging, but I won't get frustrated and quit like last time. "do not frustrate the player - game not fun". Now I'm really enjoying. Lots of interesting ppl to meet and places to see.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4

"reviewer score: 84

user score: 5.5"

This is descriptive of the corrupt state of the games media these days. You can literally purchase 80+ score for a 5.5 game these days and no one bats an eye.

There's a list of ton of games on Metacritic with this same story, with 20-30 point drop from review score to user score.

And yet also many recent releases where the scores actually match - as in when they're not released by greedy fuckers who simply decide to pay the reviewers and market the hell out of it instead of making a solid game.

Profile E-mail