Open all night
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Scourge this weekend
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
HancockTheSuperb wrote:
Just sent you a Skype request. You're in Tampa?

Yup, Tampa

Accepted a request

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:51 pm 
private

Reputation points: 0
"john here"...I'm out of the loop until Monday (12/16); famiy in from out of state all week, and FB and Christmas party tmorrow (sun)...but, starting Mon I'm avail !!! have fun...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

If anyone wants to see the elephant Sunday Morning, please post here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:28 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3823
I'm good for Sunday anytime until 5 EST (although I would prefer to watch the Pats at 1). I think 2ndacr is available but don't want to speak for him. Had a good one today.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

I am up for a game Sunday. Played Saturday---was fun until I lost connection from the rest of the group.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 am 
Sergeant Major

Someone name a time.

We had a start saturday of noon EST, 11am central, 9am western.

Does that work for people?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:44 am 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3823
I'm good for anytime around noon start time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Yes, could do (am PST)...55 minutes from now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Sent a text to 2ndAcr.

He will not be able to join us. Is on a water heater replacement run which will take hours.

I will look up some maps and OOB we can use.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:27 pm 
Sergeant Major

Ended up playing a 3 man coop battle using the Alpine map.

It was Ripper, Hancock and I. I was Porter, corps commander and commanded Morrell's division; Ripper took McCall and Hancock took Hooker.

We started out in the southeast corner of the map and the objective was the east-west ridge (Peter's hill) far to the north.
I had the three divisions moving northeast, and a stopping point the east-west ridge in the south. I had Morrell set up in the center, where the road crosses the ridge, Ripper was to the west (on the left) and Hancock was on the east (right) of Morrell. While they were getting set, I scouted north to the game objective. After I got there, I saw Rebs moving along the road on the south side of the ridge. It was AP Hills division of 16,000+ troops. They were going to get the objective long before we did.

I then tried to scout to the west, the north, thinking that we could slip around on the western edge of map, then north and then east, coming up on Nutters Mt, which is to the north of the objective and higher, so we would be firing arty down on the rebs and hopefully force them to come up after us. Just as I was about as far away as possible, I noticed that Hookers division was engaged.

I galloped back at full speed but it took a while to get back. Several of Morrell's batteries were already engaged long distance in support. Hooker was engaged with Longsteet's division. By the time I got there the rebs were engaged slightly downslope fro Hooker, but Reb arty had climbed the hill to the northeast of Hooker and were shooting down. I had one of Morrell's brigades (Martindale) plant at the pass, and sent the other two brigades eastwards along the top of the ridge so that they could attack and sweep the Reb arty off Hooker's back. I also sent orders to Ripper to come off the ridge and then sweep eastwards to hit the Rebs in the flank. Hooker stayed anchored where he was while the 2 brigades of Morrell moved east and then swept down on the Reb arty, pushing most of them off. Ripper then swept west and hit Longstreet's division in the flank. I left one of Morrell's brigades (Griffin) on the hilltop to secure the flank and the other one (Butterfield) swept down the hill at the Reb infantry. Soon we had the Rebs enveloped on 3 sides in a reverse giant letter "C". The Rebs soon collapsed and retreated up another large hill. Butterfield's brigades as well as elements of Ripper's division followed up the hill after them. We battled them for a while. Hancock had to bail out. We pulled Butterfield's troops and Rippers division back down the hill to rest and resupply. Hooker's division was resting and I attempted to resupply them as well (as they were now AI run). New Rebs (Huger's division) popped up coming from the northeast and were moving up the hill at Griffin's brigade. Several of his regiments started to break. I got one of Hooker's brigades (Carr), along with Morrell's sharpshooer unit (although only 1/3 a load of ammo) to move up the hill to support Griffin. I also sent orders for Morrell's last brigade (Martindale) that had been guarding the pass to move east to join the fight (they were rested and had not seen action). Orders sent to Ripper to shift his resting forces to guard the pass that Martindale's brigade had been guarding. Just about then the timer ran out and the game ended.

Major victory for the Union.

Huger's division got bloodied.
Longstreet's division got shredded. They were left with 674 men out of an original force of 14,313.
AP Hill's Reb division never left the objective so that was over 16,000 Rebs that we did not have to tangle with.

A pretty good game overall. Just a moment of two of slight lag that I noticed but nothing at all very noticeable.

Profile E-mail