maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Morrowind ... My way.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:32 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 9762
:lol: Never saw the cops one...

This one isn't new either...and reminds me of the Be a Bard mod

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:59 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 9282
Still playing Morrowind, have all the TES' on my machine but it's always Morrowind I return to. Maybe because:

There always something to try out, like my present game with an Imperial with the Atronach birth sign.

Maybe some day I'll finish it, then again, maybe not. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:41 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Continuing with the theme of talking over you...

An oldie but a goodie...the Solitude Windmill is perfection...

As well the two moons...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 pm 
Staff Sergeant

React dammit. I'm pretty sure I have something more to say.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 9282
Quote:
A Challenge: Living Off the Land
Postby Toccatta » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:30 am

The following is a re-re-repost of a previous challenge which has become archived: It has been reposted to allow people to respond (which is normally impossible with an archived topic.) This time, I think I'll sticky it so that it doesn't need to be reposted again.

For a while now, my roommate and I have been playing a challenge concept and have had a great deal of fun with it. It's based off of an earlier challenge called "Living off the Land", but with a few changes and a few clarifications. I've had so much fun with it that I'm posting the rules for anyone that cares to give it a try.

First and foremost, the challenge is about fun, not frustration. In any case in which a rule prevents a quest from being solved, the rule can be ignored in order to complete the quest, but ONLY to the extent required to actually allow the quest to be solved.
You may keep anything that you take off of a vanquished foe if they were killed in an *UNPROVOKED* attack. You may NOT murder someone to get their possessions. According to Morrowind lore:
Native Dunmer and Imperials alike recognize a noble's obligation to answer a challenge of honor. A challenge of honor is a public declaration of a scandal against a private party. Only nobles fight duels, and the higher the rank, the stronger the obligation. Law and custom despises dishonorable duelists. If the victim was bullied, intimidated, or goaded by a stronger party with suspect motives, magistrates often convict the stronger party of foul murder.

For this reason, taunting an NPC into an attack in order to fight them qualifies as murder under the LOTL rules. If a quest requires you to kill someone, you may taunt them into attacking if necessary, but their possessions are off limits if you do. If the quest requires that you collect something they own, you may take the quest item only. Also, since a corpse will only stay around for 72 hours, you may always take a quest item from any corpse, whether you've been assigned the quest or not. This is to ensure that the quest item doesn't disappear with the corpse and to make sure that you'll have access to the quest item when you need it. To be true to the challenge, if you haven't actually been assigned the quest to retrieve the object, you should put it somewhere for safe keeping without using it until you actually are assigned the quest to retrieve the object.
(Continued)
http://denina.fliggerty.com/forum/viewt ... ?t=10&p=34

Tripped over this a few days ago, am giving it a try ... difficult.

Understand there's one for Sky Rim also.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7