It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Call of Duty 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am 
CCCP

Reputation points: 1611
OK, I know I'm about a billion years behind the rest of you guys. I just got around to playing Call of Duty 3 (original Xbox version), and just finished the single player campaign Saturday night. Its good, real good!

For those not familiar, its a FPS that focuses entirely on the Normandy Campaign 1944. You play as four different characters: American infantryman, British SAS (fighting with French Resistance behind the lines), Canadian infantryman and Polish tanker, all converging at the Falaise Gap. For the first time I've ever played a FPS, your character can use smoke grenades. Though I understand this is also available in CoD2.

I still haven't played CoD2, 4, or 5 as I only have orignal Xbox and not 360 yet. But I really liked the story and how CoD3 was focused on a single campaign instead of the entire war like the original CoD. I've also played CoD: Big Red One and thoroughly enjoyed it also, though flying the bomber was a bit questionable. I'd like to see future installments of CoD revolve around a single unit or campaign in the future.

CoD3 has a real 'Saving Private Ryan' feel to it. Since SPR is the standard by which I rate WW2 FPS games, I give CoD3 five B.A.R.s out of five.
:P

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:52 pm 
Lance Corporal

Reputation points: 200
I just finished CoD World at War. Its pretty much the same as CoD4 in terms of graphics and level design.

Problem is, the Soviet missions sucked...they seemed like leftovers from CoD2. You even raid the Reichstag...again. :roll:

But what really did it for me was the awesome pacific theater scenarios. Shuri castle on Okinawa was very well done.

And flamethrowers are a nice addition. 8-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15175
Daves_not_here wrote:
I just finished CoD World at War. Its pretty much the same as CoD4 in terms of graphics and level design.

Problem is, the Soviet missions sucked...they seemed like leftovers from CoD2. You even raid the Reichstag...again. :roll:

But what really did it for me was the awesome pacific theater scenarios. Shuri castle on Okinawa was very well done.

And flamethrowers are a nice addition. 8-)

I agree, the Reichstag was retarded. And the battle out the front of the Reichstag sucked. I know COD is a shooting gallery but it doesn't have to be quite so blatantly obvious.

Fighting the Japanese was definitely the best bit. Especially the banzai charges! :twisted:

Profile E-mail