Field Of Glory Empah

Game and computer related topics only. Tech questions and answers.

Trolls will be waterboarded

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Forum rules
No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.
jwilkerson
Sergeant Major

Field Of Glory Empah

#1 Post by jwilkerson » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Here's the manual from FOG - Empah.

Reading thru the manual seems like a somewhat simplified CIV-ish sort of game. But you can export battles to FOG2 to resolve and then import results back to EOG - Empah.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/a ... 1562938420
Ugum Bugum Uber Alles - Iddi Ut Amine Dada !!

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

Re: Field Of Glory Empah

#2 Post by NefariousKoel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 pm

I've played a bit, as the Celtiberians. Didn't want to start off too ideal Easy Mode with the Romans.

They have some interesting mechanics to help keep blobbing expansionism from going ahistorical. Which I appreciate.

Still not sure if I'd enjoy it a lot without the FOG2 tie-in. I've definitely enjoyed FOG2's battles, and it really needed a sandbox campaign layer, so I can't complain.

FYI, you can get both FOG:Empires and FOG2 in a bundle deal on Steam. If you already own FOG2, I highly recommend you still purchase that bundle on Steam because you'll still get the $10 discount along with FOG:Empires.

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

Re: Field Of Glory Empah

#3 Post by Anthropoid » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:51 am

Saw you guys talking about this in some other thread and checked out some videos. Once I understood that there are two games and you can play both a well-done Strategic game AND decent tactical battles I was heading straight to my Steam cart. Love it! Been wishing someone would do one like this for years.

Finished "First Punic War" 39 years early so off to a good start!