It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: farm together
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
I'm a little embarrassed about this, it's a cutesy, cartoony game. Was in the mood for something different and I like farm games. Been playing about 4 days straight... 8-)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6739 ... _Together/

I play single player but other ppl can visit. I have it set so visitors can only harvest so they won't spend all my money. I work on other's farms sometimes b/c it gives a xp boost. There's motive to visit other farms to lend a hand. Gameplay example: you grow apple, smash apple, make jam, sell different stages. Seems like 100 things to grow and 50 diff animals and fish. There's a lot of content to unlock.

It's so danged satisfying for some reason. Very relaxing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: farm together
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

I'm a millionaire 8-)

All the farms I visit are laid out decoratively. They look really nice but I cringe at the inefficiency.

Ballsitch GMO farm is laid out in perfect squares w/ fuel available when needed, and every square inch carefully planned to be profitable.

I have built a nice welcome area for ppl who visit. Got BBQ going on and a campfire. Some of the paper hanging things that glow at night. It's a nice environment.

But this is a working farm. Not much time to putz around w/ guests. Got to get my apples harvested, and the critters have to keep fed. chop chop

I feed the world basically 8-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

I still play this game every day. Time passes. Plant a crop that takes 1 day to grow it takes 1 day to grow in real time (24 hours). Other crops take 15 mins. Then there's animals and flowers and fish farms. Eventually build a house, then go inside w/ all other sorts of things to do. This game is fantastic. I've probably unlocked a tenth of what there is. There is a crapload to do.

After about a week -I started over on 'hard' mode b/c it gives flat terrain. For a new player go on easy mode w/ tutorial - but as soon as possible switch to hard mode for the flat terrain. The player level progress stays the same but the farm starts over.

Some things that aren't clear: roads are suggested as decoration. Roads are not just 'decoration' - you travel faster on them no matter what. So grid everything w/ roads to haul ass around.

W/ flat terrain I'm able to plan and grid. I constantly don't have enough money to build/plant everything I want, but that's the gameplay. There are cheap crops to plant for a 15 min turnover. But the game grants bonus for planting or buying fish/critters, it encourages expansion. Its a fun game to have running in the background.

Anyway like I said this game is corney, prolly not anyone here's 'cup of tea' but it has some depth and planning, I really enjoy it. I give this danged thing 2 thumbs way up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Completed a job in crib mission an got 2 tickets.

I don't want to brag or anything but I'm a badass.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
Completed a job in crib mission an got 2 tickets.

I don't want to brag or anything but I'm a badass.

Have you suffered from any of the ‘natural’ calamities (drought, hail, locusts, etc.) that farmers are subject to?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

naw u just have to plant some things in season. The game doesn't arbitrarily punish the player. It's a good time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

I still play this.

Everyone's different, for me this game hits a spot. I've restarted 3 times now. When the player restarts everything is turned in all currencies. So nothing is lost. You get back all ur money, ribbons, tickets, diamonds. The houses built are still there and can always be repositioned. There is no loss of time or money to start over. Which is nice b/c I figure out better ways to lay out the farm. The player is never punished. This is just a fun, relaxing game. At least I think so.

I've played enough that I'm starting to understand how to make everything efficient, particularly the hired help. Things need to be planned and laid out proficiently.

Whatever. I enjoy the game. I give it 2 thumbs way up. Prolly not for everyone. I really like it.

I'd recommend to start on "hard level, flat terrain". And just build whatever, you'll see how it works, then just start over if things aren't going to plan. It's built for relaxing fun, the player is never punished. Progress is always being made even if u fuck up a little bit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

You get 4 statements to visitors.

Please sign the guestbook
Have fun!
Have fun!
Have fun!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:49 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 6044
C_S wrote:

All the farms I visit are laid out decoratively. They look really nice but I cringe at the inefficiency.

Ballsitch GMO farm is laid out in perfect squares w/ fuel available when needed, and every square inch carefully planned to be profitable.

I get a commie vibe from all this. Feed the whole world?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

My farming industry feeds the whole world b/c it's profitable, wulfir. Before I go off topic, the game is fun.

Anyway :roll:

Tax these big guys at 90%, then bitch that nobody's producing ur dinner, dummy :roll:

Profile E-mail