All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: uboat
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000

https://store.steampowered.com/app/494840/UBOAT/

early access. steam reviews are accurate I reckon. Cool game w/ some bugs. prolly of interest to ppl who like submarine games.

I bought it. The game runs fine on my rig. Ran into a mission bug. The game has never 'crashed'.

I predict this game will be a hit. It looks good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: uboat
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18800
That’s the multicrew focused game?

How required is the multicrew stuff?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's a good looking game. I bought it mostly to support it's further development. I played through the tutorial, thought it was pretty cool. I haven't got further into it, I reckon the crew management stuff will need balance, but I haven't messed w/ it. it's not built yet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:43 am 
Sergeant Major

It does look cool but I read that they were going for a U-boaty version of Star Trek Bridge Crew.

Which sounds neat in theory but in practice means I'll never get to play it, because those multicrewed games are a bear to organise and playing with randoms just doesn't work.

Had a blast with Guns of Icarus for the brief time that I had a team to play with but the chances of getting a team with a hard core subsim are even lower still...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

It's a single player game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:18 am 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
It's a single player game.

Nice.
Getting it then, always in the market for sub sims!

Playing Cold Waters quite a lot still.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:24 pm 
Sergeant Major

You command the crew. Tell the engineer to fix the compressor, diesel, motor etc. Sonar man. 5 different officers you can command w/ apoint click, or double click and control them first person. Just walking around on deck and through the whole sub first person is cool.

officers can be killed or wounded, and gain experience though different actions. And points used to upgrade the boat. So it has a 'campaign' feel to it.

Example of gameplay: Evacuate compartments to bulkhead flooding, have the engineer get a breather from the storage room so he can repair the leak and pump out the compartment.

Gone through the tutorial twice. Played about 8 hours, haven't tried the sandbox yet.

Rob, I bought it and don't regret the purchase. I'll play some more tonight. Not too expensive @ 25 beans. I don't have a problem recommending it. W/ steam you can get your money back if it's a dog.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Wolfpack is the game I was thinking of, thats early access too.

Multiplayer, hyperrealistic. Unless Mad Dogs get a U boat crew together I'm sure that'll be basically unplayable. Unfortunately. Looks like it'd pwn.

Uboat I just bought! downloading now. Always in the market for sub sims.

Profile E-mail