It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Red Dead Redemption 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18382
Didn't really prepurchase it, bought it yesterday so it'd be downloaded/ready.

9 minutes until it activates, and a hour past bedtime. tsk

I was thinking available 12 morning international date line b/c it's already 12 am somewhere dambit.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:09 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
The attention to detail and richness of the open world is insanely good. Some folks don't like the "realism" that encourages player to eat, stay fit, and wear appropriate outfits for each climate. So far that just adds to the immersion for me. 1st impression is totally positive.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

I guess. It's interesting at first.

The gameplay is way too ponderous. So realistic it's boring. 2% action - 98% plodding slowly through camp to the person you want to talk to, then plodding slowly through camp back to ur horse. Then 10 mins riding to a mission, then 10 mins back. etc.. Forget fast travel to a place you've already traveled to a dozen time. You'll just ride there again and again, and there is ZERO cruise control on the horse. You have to mash A button and steer the thing the whole, grueling, fckin time. How fun is that!

It's a nice looking game, gunplay/cover/aim is questionable, controls are awkward. The button to talk to NPC is the same button that aims an equipped weapon on im. WHOOPS! :roll: There goes The NPC I've been leading for 5 mins. Running off in horror b/c I forgot a weapon was equipped and accidentally aimed it at im. So much for that mission I guess :( Throwing my hands up in disgust is always a good time..

I often lose missions and I don't even know why?

Lack of fast travel puts the frosting on this cowpie.

I'll keep playing it but never finish. It's just too much of a drag. 7/10 at best.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Still slogging through. Will slog more today prolly since I bought this danged thing.

Last mission I put a oil cart near a train, then rode 10 mins all the way back to camp, to slowly lumber into camp to tell the guy it's ready, slowly lumber back to my horse, then 10 mins ride back to the cart. Soon as I put the cart I knew that's what I was doing, 30 mins of completely senseless riding. COME ON! :x It's exhausting just reading about it.

I don't mind a slow, realistic pace, I expect a story, finding assets/materiels, etc. But game just has absolute, blatant, complete disregard of the player's time. They went over the line w/ it. It'll get good reviews now, but after ppl have spent 15 hours of slowly walking, and riding the same path 20 times.... I predict ppl are going to start bitching.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

:+: correction :+:

there is a autopilot for the horse. Hold the cinematic view button then double tap A. The horse will go to the marker. can set controller down.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11963
If it comes to PC will look at it. Watched some youtube vids of a playthrough. Reminded me of Skyrim for some reason.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19628
I have heard that it does have its plus points.

Attachment:
1540839517029.jpg
1540839517029.jpg [ 75.59 KiB | Viewed 120 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

The horse cruise control takes this game up. I take back everything I said about it. I was really dreading the long rides but w/ auto I can set the control down and admire the fantastic graphics. Or go take a piss or get food. 9/10 Now. Anyone thinking of getting it should. Just keep in mind the auto pilot dealio.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:48 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Haha :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19628
The guy who posted the video of the feminist being punched in the face has had his channel deleted by YouTube.

Quote:
This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy on violence.

#PixelLivesMatter

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail