maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battlefield 5 Controversy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:23 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5295

Narvik - going by the trailer little seems historically accurate. Weapons and equipment are mostly not of the Norwegian 1940 campaign. My guess is that the bulk of players will not much care. Sorry guys...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 am 
Sergeant Major

‘Battlefield V’ pre-order numbers have been underwhelming, analysts say

Analysts Report Battlefield 5 Pre-Order Sales Are “Weak” So Far

Battlefield 5 pre-order sales are “weak” compared to Red Dead 2 and Black Ops 4

Well, this is what I remember reading back in June:
Quote:
In an interview with Gamasutra, EA chief creative officer Patrick Söderlund says that the developer is uninterested in taking flak for diversifying the gaming space. “We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don’t understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game,” he says. “I’m fine with either or.” According to Söderlund, the dev team itself also pushed for women in Battlefield V.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/1745 ... h-response

Now the game has still not hit final release, but based on the pre-orders, it looks like many people are making their choice: 'they are not buying it'

Peter said that he would be "fine with either or".
He is gone now though.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:20 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8243
Ol' Patrick probably should have factored in EA stockholders into his diversity shtick before making that statement...you know, the people who have real financial stakes in the company. Pretty sure they're not down with that shit when it affects their bottom line.

"Get Woke, Go Broke" indeed.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:57 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5295

Tiger tanks to roll over all who doubt the Great SJW cause..., because everybody loves/hates Tigers...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
Poindexter wrote:
Ol' Patrick probably should have factored in EA stockholders into his diversity shtick before making that statement...you know, the people who have real financial stakes in the company. Pretty sure they're not down with that shit when it affects their bottom line.

"Get Woke, Go Broke" indeed.

Swedish Marxism at it's finest - risking other people's money for personal Marxist crusade.

He even speaks of The Cause like a true 70's flag burning commie.

"What is your future vision for our company as the head of design?"

-"We'll piss off as many people as possible and if this hits our sales, let it hit! My employer who pays my salary and trusts me is a bourgeois class enemy and a capitalist pig. By hurting them while producing Marxist propaganda with their money we can kill two capitalist pigs in one fell swoop."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:56 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19398
Oh dear.

Quote:
Electronic Arts Inc. postponed the release of the next Battlefield video game, while also cutting full-year guidance for net bookings.

The launch date of Battlefield V, the latest in the game-makers popular series, is being delayed by four weeks to Nov. 20, the company said in a statement Thursday. The company now sees net bookings of $5.20 billion for the fiscal year 2019 ending in March, down from $5.55 billion previously. The shares dropped 6.2 percent in early U.S. trading.

“We’re updating our fiscal year guidance to reflect the updated launch date for Battlefield V, the ongoing impact of foreign exchange rate changes, and our current outlook for our mobile business,” Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen said in the statement.

It’s the latest in a series of bad news for the video-game maker. Its earnings forecast on July 26 fell well short of Wall Street estimates, sending the shares tumbling. Patrick Soderlund, who runs EA’s worldwide game-development studios, announced this month he will leave to pursue “his next life adventure,” with his last day slated for Oct. 30. And earlier this week Electronic Arts canceled three Madden Classic qualifier events following a public shooting at an earlier competition in Florida.

The industry is also coping with a shift to mobile gaming, as well as the rise of the Fortnite phenomenon. Fortnite, a hugely popular shooting game produced by rival Epic Games, has threatened to steal away customers from Electronic Arts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -forecasts

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Oh dear.

Quote:
Electronic Arts Inc. postponed the release of the next Battlefield video game, while also cutting full-year guidance for net bookings.

The launch date of Battlefield V, the latest in the game-makers popular series, is being delayed by four weeks to Nov. 20, the company said in a statement Thursday. The company now sees net bookings of $5.20 billion for the fiscal year 2019 ending in March, down from $5.55 billion previously. The shares dropped 6.2 percent in early U.S. trading.

“We’re updating our fiscal year guidance to reflect the updated launch date for Battlefield V, the ongoing impact of foreign exchange rate changes, and our current outlook for our mobile business,” Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen said in the statement.

It’s the latest in a series of bad news for the video-game maker. Its earnings forecast on July 26 fell well short of Wall Street estimates, sending the shares tumbling. Patrick Soderlund, who runs EA’s worldwide game-development studios, announced this month he will leave to pursue “his next life adventure,” with his last day slated for Oct. 30. And earlier this week Electronic Arts canceled three Madden Classic qualifier events following a public shooting at an earlier competition in Florida.

The industry is also coping with a shift to mobile gaming, as well as the rise of the Fortnite phenomenon. Fortnite, a hugely popular shooting game produced by rival Epic Games, has threatened to steal away customers from Electronic Arts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -forecasts

No mention at all in the Bloomberg article regarding the reason why Soderlund is leaving or the resulting controversy that his comments created.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:11 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
This is a good enough warning and example for all the future releases.

Get Woke, Go Broke.

I know Swedes have a thing for it. It both punishes the investors - evil capitalist white men - while also driving in a political propaganda message For The Cause.

It's funny that Söderlund himself mentioned The Cause in his interviews. I pointed that out when some douche started insisting that there's no such thing as SJW agenda etc. - that he himself admitted that the Swedish team had pushed hard for the Cause and to include political message in the game.

When will IKEA become a non-CIS-men shop? When will IKEA get woke?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:06 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19398
Apparently saying the words "white man" in the Battlefield V open beta is considered swearing and is censored...

Attachment:
1536338460483.jpg
1536338460483.jpg [ 315.38 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next