It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Shadow of War
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14323
The game is very good. It's triple A. 60 beans. You get what u pay for. It's a good, well made finished game w/ a shitload of stuff to do.

The only complaints I read are that u can buy upgrades w/ real money. Ignore these complaints. You can play through the game no problem w/o 'buying' anything, it's not a 'grind'. You can upgrade ur gear just fine playing through the game. The player never feels compelled to 'buy' any upgrades. Maybe impatient little kids buy them I dunno. Progression is nice and smooth. ok.

I was confused about this, so had to fuck w/ it a little bit: Go ahead and opt for the online option. Sometimes a mission will pop up that some other player got killed by a boss, and if you venganza u get a shitload of gear and beans. It will show up on ur map when a player gets killed aka: ":+:ClitLicker247:+: was killed by so and so here". Sometimes the boss that kilt im is weak so walk over and take his ass out it's worth it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Shadow of War
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14671
On the other hand, buying stuff faster doesn't feel such a bore, I'd rather cough up 20$ extra so I don't need to kill the same 3 guys over for 500 times.

Of course the ideal would be a game that just progresses at a reasonable rate but..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14323
You'd have to play the game to see how nemesis works. It's not a grind.

I won't buy a loot chest ever, I've got a couple free promotion. The gear I already had was better though.. I guess if you actually buy a crate you'd get gear a couple levels higher but so what? 30 mins of game time later you'll have better. I don't understand why that game has purchasable content. Their game is really taking a hammering in the reviews b/c of it. Obviously (duh) ppl don't want to buy extra shit in a single player game they paid AAA price for. It pisses the users off, and for what gain? It's costing them in lost sales I'd think. Not privy to the numbers.

The entire thing is just a really bad idea.

What I'm saying is the game is good, it progresses well, it's fun. As I said: "The player never feels compelled to 'buy' any upgrades. Maybe impatient little kids buy them I dunno."

Anyway. I'm done promoting this. Ppl like it or not whatever shrug.

Last edited by C_S on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:03 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7266
I bought the 1st one for $5 a few months ago. I hear the new is just an all-around better version of the 1st. By the time I get around to #1 I expect #2 will be $20 or less. Very few AAA game companies are able to stay in business in any part thanks to me. Bungie, that's about it. That's only because I'm a recovering Halo addict.

Profile E-mail