It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Warframe: Ninjas Play Free
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:27 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7266
It's a looter shooter (Diablo w/ guns). Sci-Fi. 3rd Person. Co op or solo and optional PvP. It's Free to Play and it's completely playable without paying a dime - but the grind is formidable. If you tried it in the past, forget what you thought of it and give it another shot. Available on PC, PS4 & Xbox One. I'm playing it on all 3 platforms. I checked it out based on the (long-ass) review from Skill-Up linked below. His review is very good but there was even more to the game than he realized 70 hours in. :)

http://warframe.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/Warframe/

Quote:
Skill Up 5 days ago
Hi all- I wanted to issue some corrections:

1) There are raids- I just didn't know about them. I did some research on this but I confused them with something else, so I got this part wrong.
2) Oberon Prime is NOT behind a paywall. Again, I mixed this up with something else (where certain primes get 'vaulted' for a time). You can earn the new Prime Warframes for free from the start
3) The new Open World area due in September WILL NOT be procedurally generated. I read that the genesis of this was procedural, but I later learned that they settled on a hand-crafted lanscape.

There's probably other things I got wrong. It just goes to show you how much is in this game, since even after 70 hours (85 now!) I'm still learning about new features every day.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Warframe: Ninjas Play Free
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:54 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 15171
I got the Loki character a couple years back and got stuff for him that allow him to effectively stay invisible all the time. I seem to think that if you didn't collect any energy it would wear out for a couple of moments after 30 minutes or so.

Only problem were the enemies that deplete your energy.

Then again with a few extra cards it could be made so that it stays invisible forever. Just, there were so many changes to the game that I had a hard time keeping up with the updates and all and felt out of place with all that was going on.

Profile E-mail