It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Re: Ultimate General: civil war
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:02 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3728
Cold Harbor is one of those battles where as the Confederates, you let the Yanks destroy themselves against your breastworks. They did attack me and tried to take my center and right flank; and suffered massive casualties for it. I could have left it that but decided to go on the offensive. By the end of the battle the Union army was in complete retreat. I suffered 28,000 casualties to their 58,000 casualties. It is now a war of attrition and the Yanks can't keep up, so in every battle I attack them relentlessly.

So I am now on the last phase of the campaign whose major battle is the attack on Washington. There are 2 small battles to fight first. I have been slowly converting my artillery to siege weapons such as the 20pdr Parrot, which performed magnificently at the battle of Cold Harbor. My cavalry and skirmishers were almost all wiped out as I used them to grab supplies and attack enemy batteries and they will not be reconstituted. I have 16,000 replacements and an armory of 20,000 first rate weapons.

The end of the war is in sight...

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:56 am 
Sergeant

So... after conquering Washington I have finished both campaigns on the Major General (normal) degree of difficulty.

I think the key here was playing the Union side first as it is more forgiving and allows you to learn the mechanics of the game.

Will be playing the battles next, most likely on hard as the normal setting is pretty easy and then will probably return and give the campaigns a go again but on the harder setting.

The game is, at least to me, essentially Sid Meiers Gettysburg with a really detailed Army Management system.

Sorry for the huge screens.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:11 am 
Sergeant

Have started a Legendary (Hard+) campaign with the Union and have started a thread on the developer's forum to chart my progress.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/23041- ... ent-474528

Profile E-mail