maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: New Stalingrad ASL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12474
In P's shoes I'd take an Idle Day. 22 Oct is ordinary except he is low on infantry and importantly lost five support weapons, a gun, and a stug. On the 23 howver the entire western map edge becomes eligible for German entry. To cover it all the Russians would have to be thinly spread. Since the Russians set up first, the Germans can concentrate and overwhelm one sector of the Russian defense.

IMO the smart move for him is to take an idle day and purchase two rifle companies in reserve. That will almost double his infantry force and add 2 hmgs and 2 mmgs. Then on the 23rd take a Sturm Co and something else.. maybe more StuGs.

My purchases will be a Guards SMG Co and a rifle Co both in reserve and a bunch of forts. On the 22nd if P attacks I will yield slowly. Not going to offer quite the same level of resistence as on the 21st.

On the 23.. not sure. Depends on whether P attacks on the 22.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post subject: Re: New Stalingrad ASL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12474
Game Friday. P has chosen and Idle Day for October 22. So I have another round of CPP expenditures to make.

My choices are either lots of artillery, forts, and two Submachine Gun companies, or instead the same with one SMG company, another molotov projector platoon, and mol capability.

I am leaning towards the latter. I am a bit concerned about the need for more ability to wreck tanks. He could have a bunch coming on map on the 23rd and the allowable entry hexes for the Germans now include the entire west end of the map.

Also, since I have now two days worth of fortification points accrued, maybe I purchase only 120 FPP for 23 October and use the remaining FPP to purchase a Sniper Activation Number increase (from 3 to 4).

My replenishment and other DRs for the Oct 23 CG day resulted in:

Two squads battle harden.
One 7-0 leader promotes to 8-0
16 CPP
Russian ELR increases to 4 (that is a very good result... I tried to set that up and succeeded, by purchasing both an elite company and a 1st line company on 22 October).

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8