maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Stalingrad ASL
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15052
By the way the German purchases for 21 Oct seem to have been:

1. StuG IIIG platoon (3 tanks)
2. Rifle Company.
3. Sniper SAN bump.
4. Stukas

I'd like to wreck at least one of the StuGs.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 am 
Sergeant Major

Played thru the end of German Turn 3. Dead Russians slowly being removed from the map in the gun tube hall. My smoke trap has worked so far. Traded a Russian 4-4-7 and 9-1 leader in close combar for a German 8-3-8 and 9-1 leader. During P's Turn 3 he moved a stack of two more 8-3-8s onto a 4-4-7 but stank the DR. So now his two squads are locked in h2h melee. I may reinforce with another couple squads in an effort to blast more Germans. The close combat is in L11. Stack of reinforcements in M12. StuGs now in Z7 bypass, N9, and in bypass F19. Ima start shooting to immobilize two of those with assets in place.

A molotov projector has set flame to X10. Good because it is an L1 building with three hexes. It will be on fire on the 22nd or else rubble. I want to make sure the Germans have no decent upper level ops or places for MG kill stacks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:03 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
AAR cleaned as per Game Room rules.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Pix as of the end of Turn 1. The AAR has moved 2.5 turns past this, so more pix next week. As with all, compass North is to the LEFT on these maps. So the Germans entered from the WEST, and have secured most of the NORTHERN board edge for entering forces, and so far are mostly pushing SOUTH into the factory complex. The Russians are brown colored counters, the Germans light blue.

Those colors come from the publisher. Each nationality has their own specific stats and special capabilities so there are no generic markers save for things like "wreck" or "smoke" or "on fire" etc.

Attachments:
21 Oct SW End T1.png
21 Oct SW End T1.png [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 1364 times ]
21 Oct NE End T1.png
21 Oct NE End T1.png [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 1364 times ]
21 Oct Central End T1.png
21 Oct Central End T1.png [ 1.16 MiB | Viewed 1364 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Game delayed until the 22nd. P's house had serial mishaps. Ship happens.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Played through end of Turn 4. P finally cracked the defensive line by driving a tank into a factory hall. On the NE corner his StuG crit hit an emplaced T-70 and blew it to pieces. I have pulled troops back to the south end and east end of the Gun Assembly Hall. Waiting for P to move into the hall in force to unleash the Katies. Also have pulled back to the north end of the South Foundry Hall so that I can bring down offboard arty. This will be automatic next turn because I have already used the module for smoke so its use it or lose it. The FFE there should focus his attention on the Assembly Hall and the special surprise that awaits him there.

Good news was an 8-3-8 German Pionere blew its MC dr on a 12 (casualty reduction) and then fated out on a 12 in rally phase. The Germans have a 3:3 edge inflicting casualties but if the OBA comes down that will change to 1:1.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Game Friday. We'll have the whole day so even if it runs through Turn 6 we will finish the 21 Oct CG day. Still trying to pull out a Russian Win or at least run up the cvp count on eliminated German squads.

This was the situation after German Turn 3 prior to the start of Russian Turn 3.

Attachments:
21 Oct End GT3 SW.jpg
21 Oct End GT3 SW.jpg [ 310.4 KiB | Viewed 1261 times ]
21 Oct End GT3 central.jpg
21 Oct End GT3 central.jpg [ 324.02 KiB | Viewed 1261 times ]
21 Oct End GT3 NE.jpg
21 Oct End GT3 NE.jpg [ 322.76 KiB | Viewed 1261 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mayhem ensued. Game will continue into Turn 7.

So much happened that a turn by turn recount is impossible to recall. This is then the highlights reel.

On Turn five, a bunch of flames blazed up. Fires spread especially in the northeast sector. multiple stone and wooden buildings and orchard hexes.

The Germans battle hardened a squad, added a hero, and battle hardened a 10-2 into a 10-3. The Russians had three squads go berserk and battle hardened one.

A StuG in the NE was immobilized by an 80mm mtr. I wikl close combat it in Turn 7 and wipe it out. A Stuka in the northeast rubbled a wooden building that held a 45LL antitank gun, destroying it and the gun crew... and was shot down by two Russian hmgs firing in AA.

P moved a German kill stack into the souther Foundry Hall... and lost the whole thing and a 9-2 leader to the Russian kill stack (concealed) adjacent. There are three unpossessed German mmgs that I will capture or destroy.

In the deburring hall, the Germans advanced to the south... and fell into the Katyusha trap. All but one German squad an leader broke, and the losses were substantial. Katy lasts through German Turn 7 so he will lose a bunch more.

Part of his pain was that a berserk conscript survived a 20-2 shot then a 12-2 shot to get into cc, forcing a bunch of adjacent broken Germans to route into the katyusha ffe.

Current CVPs are:

39 cvp dead russians includin a 9-2, a T70, an ATG,and a bunch of conscripts and several 5-2-7s.

31 cvp dead Germans, including a PzIII, a Stuka, a 9-2, a 9-1, and a bunch of elite squads (5-4-8s and 8-3-8s).

P had 33 captured stone locations but lost two of them in the southwest. The Russians chased out a gun crew and are sitting on a 75* infantry gun that, unless driven away, they will capture.

If the katies really mess him up some more, I will also capture 3 HMGs and take back 7 more hexes to deny P a victory by hex control for 21 October. That will ice the deal for forcing P to take an idle day. He can't sustain the attack after losing three HMGs and four MMGs along with all those elites.

So far my reserves have not been engaged.. a Guards SMG company available to make trouble on the 22nd.

I LOVE that all the fires are blazing up. Buildings are falling making greater viewshed for Russian artillery observers and mortar spotters.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Game tonight. Can the Heroes of Stalingrad kill the immobilized StuG? Will the Katyusha rocket OBA wipe out another 8-10 CVP of German elites? Can I capture and retail a German 75mm infantry gun, three HMGs, and four MMGs? Stay tuned! :ugeek: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

The 21 Oct CG day end with a German win for holding 31 new stone locations. The CVP balance massively favors the Russians: 48 CVP dead Germans (1 StuG IIIG, 1 Pz IIIL, 1 Stuka, 1 75* Infantry Gun, 1 9-2 leader, 1 7-0 leader, 14 elite and 1st line squads. His Sturm Co was hit especially hard but he also lost several Assault Engineer squads), vs 44 CVP dead Russians (1 T-70, 1 T-60, 1 45LL ATG, 1 9-1 leader, 1 8-0 leader, and 10.5 squads, mostly conscripted Militia).

This is a setback for the Germans. In every category of losses the CPP cost (campaign purchase point) was much greater. For example, a Assault Engineer squad and its gear breaks down to 1.6 CPP per squad. A Russian Militia squad, in contrast, costs 0.3 CPP per squad. The Pioneres are that much better, but losing them hurts more.

In the game interphase the Russian ELR gain/loss DR is a 3, the MMC battle hardening DR is a 12, the CPP replacement DR is a 6, and the Leader Promotion DR is a 5. ELR 3 is retained. No squads battle harden. No leaders promote (the DR would promote a 9-0 Commissar but I do not have one). The Russians get 18 CPP to buy add to the force.

22 Oct will be clear, moderate, and Gusty. Will P select the attack again? I suspect he has read some internet sites that suggest that the German player select attack always to drive down ELR. That is because German 1st line and Sturm squads ELR down to 2nd line, then to Conscripts, but Russian 1st line and SMG squads ELR down directly to Conscripts. So far that's not working for him. But it could in the long run.

Turn 7 Germans: pinned by arty, P elects to fall back where possible, grab as much of the 2 level building in the NE as he can, and close combat a dug in T-60 in a rubble hex on the west side of the foundry halls. The T-60 is left a burning wreck. Russian defensive fire sees the conclusion of the Katyusha bombardment. Its brutal. 2.5 pionere and sturm squads drop out, two Russian Militia squads are also KIA, five factory hexes are rubbled, and the bombardment sets a flame hex. In the northern Foundry hall a flame set by a Molotov Projector turns to a blaze.

Russian Turn 7 sees a Russian rifle squad acquiring a German 75* Inf gun and spiking the gun in Prep Fire. A lucky mortar hit kias a pionere half squad, and a Russian rifle squad and 9-2 leader pass the PAATC and destroy the immobilized StuG IIIG, leaving it a blazing wreck. Sovs seize back some of the hexes in the wrecked deburring hall, capture 4 German mmgs, and capture 1 German hmg. Three of the mmgs are retained for 22 Oct.

On 22 Oct them deburring hall will be substantially on fire, along with critical hexes in the Northeast.

My 22 Oct purchases will be made to assume P will attack again. To stave off ELR loss I'll buy a Guards Rifle Co in reserve, and other stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next