maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steel Division: Normandy 44
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:13 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2077
Liked the Puppchen launchers quite a bit in my run with the 3. FJ, the dastardly AI will stand off and blast you from a safe distance though. I have been bombed, flamed, artillerized and constantly counterattacked.

The craters around my infantry on the central road through the woods? Ju-88 bomber strike fell slightly short, while it did wipe out the remaining enemy assault engineers my own attack force perished as well, the guys above are my follow up...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11323
Yeah, all AP shells do more damage the closer you get aside from the rare HEAT ones. In general you want to be far away with the Germans and close with the Allies, even applies to their infantry. Tank combat is about who can penetrate whom, at long distance the Germans are proof against Allied AT. Up close though everybody can penetrate everybody else (ooer) so all are equivalent - and you can have >2 Shermans for every German kitty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:04 pm 
Sergeant

First win with "Windhund".

First convincing land grab ever kept attacking from there so as not to get my break-in artillerized, which the Blues tried at least three times before I overran the battery. The when and why of infantry, also lost less tanks attacking aggressively this time than camping as previously.

Must ditch the French thinking :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm 
Sergeant Major

Scharfschütze wrote:
Must ditch the French thinking :D

:lol:

Funnily enough the Allied Free French division is the most aggressive division in the game I think.

.. French game developer. 8-) :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:35 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14073
I'm on the fence. I like RTS games. I watch a review w/ a guy playing on "slow" and things still happen too fast. Are there "really slow" and "super slow" and "super-duper slow" settings?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:15 am 
Sergeant Major

It's very slow by RTS standards... and you can change the speed at least in single player, not sure if you can in multiplayer though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 am 
Sergeant Major

So when's the multiplayer on Scharf? ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:35 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14073
Quote:
It's very slow by RTS standards... and you can change the speed at least in single player, not sure if you can in multiplayer though.

But what are the speed settings? I'm not going to multiplay this ever. Is "slow" the slowest? Gameplay video I saw set at 'slow' is still to fast for me. Is there a 'snail's pace" setting? You're not enticing me to buy, ur a crappy salesman ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:46 pm 
Sergeant

C_S wrote:
Quote:

But what are the speed settings? I'm not going to multiplay this ever. Is "slow" the slowest? Gameplay video I saw set at 'slow' is still to fast for me. Is there a 'snail's pace" setting? You're not enticing me to buy, ur a crappy salesman ;)

Slowest is "Bullet Time", which is a slow-motion setting, below real-time. There´s a "very slow" below "slow", and then BT.

I still struggle with anything armoured, while 91. with those Ersatztruppen comes natural. Oh dear :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Got the fallschirm in there now, I see... ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next