It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Re: Why you should not play "Mass Effect: Andromeda"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:11 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 13573
Started w/ the prefab character and his facial hair looks like trim. Went back to character creation. I want my guy to look like an ugly badass, not a vagina faced asshole. But the options just aren't available.

At least let the player put a proper beard on damb :roll:

Going to play w/ the prefab I guess. RPG. My guy looks like a face punchable, proper cunt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:13 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11133
The lead facial animator was some 24 year cos-playing girl with hardly any experience of video game design, Because you know, diversity.

Attachment:
1490553040196.jpg
1490553040196.jpg [ 196.91 KiB | Viewed 299 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:29 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3780
Mac wrote:
The lead facial animator was some 24 year cos-playing girl with hardly any experience of video game design, Because you know, diversity.

Attachment:
1490553040196.jpg

It's true the facial animator thinks "Uncanny Valley" is where the X-men hang out....

You can overlook it on the Aliens, your subconscious says "eh fuck it maybe" but on the Humans it looks like Silly Putty got some spirit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:32 pm 
First Sergeant

The game is good. It's just as good as the other mass effects and those were all good.

Fairly immersive. For example I just boarded the Tempest after a long mission, soon as I get back aboard Suvi says: "Lexi wants to talk to you." I think: Oh shit I better go see what she wants.

I've looked at a few guides b/c the game isn't intuitive in some ways. I've noticed guides of how to have sex w/ every NPC female in the game 8-) I don't aspire to that and haven't read them. So far there are 2 ladies I'm interested in. First is the redhead chica on the bridge. I talk to her every time, I'm probably stalking her at this point.

Second is Cora. Awe yeha.

Anyway. In ME 3 I managed to kill off a few NPC's entire civilizations by stabbing them in the back. The Krogans were hilarious.. 2 other NPCs I convinced to kill themselfs 8-)

I'm going first playthrough being my normal, kind self. Next playthrough I'll be evil and see how much stuff I can fuck up.

They need to fix the character creation. It's an RPG the player needs enough variance to make his guy look like a serious badass. As it is now u can create a guy who looks like a dick or a vagina. Not acceptable. IRL I go around every day looking like an asshole. This game is supposed to be an escape from the unattractive truth ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:19 pm 
First Sergeant

I've given up on the game. After playing it 40 hours I give it 2 thumbs down.

Here's why: Landing on a new planet w/ maps that are shit and expected to find my way across a mountain range and crevices doesn't entertain me. The opposite it pisses me off. I feel like I'm in a mouse maze. When I pull up the map I want to be able to reckon where to go. The maps are garbage. Navigation is nil. I play games to have a good time not get frustrated. This one goes into the shitcan along w/ other games that could have been good.

Wandering around in a wasteland trying to find a mountain pass isn't "exploration". Annoying is what it is.

I guess my final rating is - I threw my hands up in disgust and rage quit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11133
Bioware are apologising for not making the tranny character realistic enough. Hainly Abrams, for those who don’t know, is a trans character that previously told the player about her pre-transition name almost immediately after meeting her. Apparently revealing their "dead name" to people they don't trust is not something they do in real life, even though they can't shut the fuck up about whatever they self identify as in the current moment.

Attachment:
1491414742829.jpg
1491414742829.jpg [ 135.56 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/849671752192077828

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Mac wrote:
Bioware are apologising for not making the tranny character realistic enough. Hainly Abrams, for those who don’t know, is a trans character that previously told the player about her pre-transition name almost immediately after meeting her. Apparently revealing their "dead name" to people they don't trust is not something they do in real life, even though they can't shut the fuck up about whatever they self identify as in the current moment.

A decade ago I'd have bought three copies of ME for the family....

Now I have *a* copy that I have played 12 hours total....

why?

This shit whereby Bioware allows their narratives to be commanded by .01% of the playerbase.

I am so glad they did not get the other 120 bucks from me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
sven wrote:
A decade ago I'd have bought three copies of ME for the family....

Now I have *a* copy that I have played 12 hours total....

why?

This shit whereby Bioware allows their narratives to be commanded by .01% of the playerbase.

I am so glad they did not get the other 120 bucks from me.

Yep. I'll pass.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:54 pm 
Staff Sergeant

so Bioware sent me a survey...when I answered "zero" on the first question it asked "why?" here goes.

Quote:
Bioware needs to put down the preachiness on the radical leftist agenda a bit and concentrate on appeasing the people who actually buy your game. I bought three copies of the original Mass Effect for my family of 3 because I felt it was a nice new IP with a decent space theme and I bought two copies of the 2d ME because BW insisted on injecting leftist drivel in ever increasing intensity into the story. I wound up buying one copy of ME3 b/c it was then decided that what the fanbase really deserved was a gigantic neo-luddite middle finger at human progress.

I initially was not going to bother with ME:Andromeda but I decided to roll the dice and in so doing I idiotically volunteered to subject myself to funhouse animations that looked like silly putty had been made animated like some supple Pinocchio and the same preening of the liberal agenda again. My wife and son watched me play the thus far 14 or so hours and went "meh" so congrats your high-fiving each other by focusing more on politically correct lunacy over high quality graphics, content, and a refined combat system have probably turned us against this IP and any further Bioware titles for the foreseeable future.

Did you notice that despite your inclusion of transgendered characters the TG activists were *still* not satisfied as evidenced by your company having to grovel to a reader on the "sin" of a TG having admitted that their birth gender was not their current one?

Wouldn't it have been refreshing to have invested that time and effort you exerted towards mollycoddling .01% of the general population into having a more effective simulation of the necessary industry and economy the stated mission would require?

Ah well I am certain the problem must be in *me* the fan who spent ~500 bucks on your franchise and not an activist who does not realize how many people in your fanbase you have already alienated.

That tweet looks insane to a lot of people.

I wish your company no harm, I sincerely hope that perhaps in placating the .1% you have stumbled upon the path to maximizing your company's financials.....

I just know it will no longer include my revenue stream, period.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:11 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13300
Good for you.

I'm surprised any of you picked it up after seeing the early release-day SJW drama.