Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Re: Why you should not play "Mass Effect: Andromeda"
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:13 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3780
NefariousKoel wrote:
Good for you.

I'm surprised any of you picked it up after seeing the early release-day SJW drama.

I tried....

I really did like the IP and giving it up was not a joy....

They will either get it or they won't but they have seen their last dime from me....EA included.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:20 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 13573
I take back my bad review.

After rage quitting the game I took it back up more patiently. After about 40 hours I started a new game, now that I have a clue wtf I'm doing, can read the maps and get around efficiently, that's what was pissing me off; I was doing it wrong.

Character creation is pretty bad, but I mastered it anyway 8-) It offers some comby flamboyant hair doos. I made a guy who's sort of orange, gave him blond hair and tucked in his chin. He doesn't look just like president Trump, but anyone who sees the character will think Trump 8-) I wish I could upload him, he's awesome. So at least now my guy looks like a badass.

We're gonna make andromeda great again, bbabay.

I move the game back up to a two thumbs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11537
Regrettably OMG levels of Stewpid are the norm these days.

Therefore pc outrage about the presentation of a fictional altxyzgenben is not surprising, any more than the outraged reaction to the outrage. Millions of people in need of a real life I guess. :ugeek:

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:33 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11133
C_S wrote:
We're gonna make andromeda great again, bbabay.

:lol:

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:52 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3780
mdiehl wrote:
Regrettably OMG levels of Stewpid are the norm these days.

Therefore pc outrage about the presentation of a fictional altxyzgenben is not surprising, any more than the outraged reaction to the outrage. Millions of people in need of a real life I guess. :ugeek:

It's like this, *I* am the client....

say you are a landscaper, you probably should not expect to get paid a lot of the time if you insist on dropping your drawers and crapping on the veranda to make a statement.....

same thing, I hire these people to entertain me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11537
I get it. I just don't see the point in reacting to what amounts to the unsurprising over the top reaction of the fringe sjw crowd. If the game sux because it sux that's a good reason to not buy it. If it's a matter of the game is okay but you're offering no quarter to pc sh'birds everywhere, well... I understand the sentiment, and it's perfectly reasonable, but I wonder what's the harm in having the fictional-genbend talk in ways that seem sensible to real genbends?

That said, of course, I suppose I'm a hypocrite at some level because I don't buy computer games any more. Last one I bought was Civ4. Decent enough but not so different as to capture my attention. And based on my assessment of Matx-WitP and a boatload of other electronic and tabletop consims I'm not convinced that most game designers know effay about anything anyhow. So Mass Effect was never going to get my dollars, so maybe I have no business commenting on their incredibly unimportant efforts to mollify incredibly unimportant SJWs.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13300
mdiehl wrote:
I get it. I just don't see the point in reacting to what amounts to the unsurprising over the top reaction of the fringe sjw crowd. If the game sux because it sux that's a good reason to not buy it. If it's a matter of the game is okay but you're offering no quarter to pc sh'birds everywhere, well... I understand the sentiment, and it's perfectly reasonable, but I wonder what's the harm in having the fictional-genbend talk in ways that seem sensible to real genbends?

That said, of course, I suppose I'm a hypocrite at some level because I don't buy computer games any more. Last one I bought was Civ4. Decent enough but not so different as to capture my attention. And based on my assessment of Matx-WitP and a boatload of other electronic and tabletop consims I'm not convinced that most game designers know effay about anything anyhow. So Mass Effect was never going to get my dollars, so maybe I have no business commenting on their incredibly unimportant efforts to mollify incredibly unimportant SJWs.

From what I understand it was originally released, at least on PC, without the option to choose a "white" skin color in the character creator.

I expect everyone made the short logical leap that this was yet another racist "FU" from Manveer Heir. Not sure if intentional, or yet another bug, but wouldn't put it past such a douche-canoe.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/mass-ef ... d-to-know/

After some initial complaints pointing to that, on it's release day, it was reported to be quickly patched. 'Ole Manveer reportedly had his last day there recently; the company saying he only had a temp work contract.