All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Re: Ghost Recon - an example of why fps games sort of suck
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:21 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8891
C_S wrote:
I turned on Xbone and it has Catlover (my only friend) compared to me w/ our avatars.

Catlover is sporting a red, Red Dead Redemption T-shirt, khakis, and a baseball cap - He looks fairly marvelous. My avatar is wearing a green T-shirt w/ a Irish nametag, camo pants, and a cowboy hat, and a mullet hairdoo. So I'm looking pretty dambed good too.

I'm 385 gamer points ahead of Catlover 8-)

Ulzana, sorry but you suck, dude 8-) Maybe try to be a better gamer, kill as many electronic ppl as I do, improve yourself, and stop being such a pussy 8-)

:lol:

Challenge Accepted. ;)

I've been slacking. I tend to play the same game endlessly until I wear it out - limiting my cheevo opportunities.

Urban Dictionary: cheevo
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheevo

"A stupid way of referring to the achievements you get on Xbox 360. Mostly used by an achievement whore."

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18257
Add StovetopSpore3 if anyone wants to game w/ ur boy C_S the stickiest of the icky.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:23 pm 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
C_S wrote:
The game isn't that bad. I won't give it thumbs down.

It does the same thing other 'stealth' fps games do which is:

I'm hidden below a 'parapet' for lack of a better description. I've spent 10 minutes sneaking into such a sweet position undetected. I have LOS on the target. But when I hold the left trigger to aim - I'm aimed at the fucking parapet! So I have to stand up in broad daylight to get a bead :roll: Every enemy then spots me (no shit!) standing up like an asshole and I get gunned down.

Well that's just fucking great isn't it :roll:

I don't reckon IRL I could get eyes on, slide up my rifle and get the clear shot while still hidden could I. No. I have to stand up like an asshole and draw fire. Loveley :roll:

I am disappoint.

This is an artifact introduced by 3rd person view when the devs insist that the bullet ray be drawn from the barrel while the camera hovers 50 feet in the air offering a completely different aim line.

The best way to solve this is to never make shitty 3rd person view shooter games.

In fact it cannot be called FPS - First Person Shooter, since it isn't. It's a 3rd person bullshit game. I hate how they always want to go with 3rd person, but it isn't as bad if it's a melee oriented fantasy hack and slash game where the butt of a female night elf warrior fills the screen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

I had to chase some guy down, fro'd im the back of the truck and hauled his ass to my boss.

She said:

TELL US

I'm waiting for my lawyer

THEY TOLD YOU THAT IF YOU GET ARRESTED WAIT FOR A LAWYER?

yes

WE AREN'T THE POLICE AND YOU AREN'T UNDER ARREST

:+: throws down a pencil and a note pad :+:

YOU GIVE US THE INFORMATION WE NEED - OR ALL YOUR FINGERS

I've changed my opinion of this game to 2 thumbs way up. I think it's on sale too. A good buy.

This game really is a 10 of 10. These guys outdid themselves. This game is amazing.

Not only is the story good, the gameplay is awesome. Unless you hate FPS games this one is a no brainer buy

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Started a new game and been binge playing it. They rebuilt the chopper controls in a patch and now those are usable. Before I'd have to tilt/throttle/tilt/balance, etc to keep moving forward (sort of). Now I mash the stick forward and she moves quick. Landing is easier too. This game is tits.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 am 
Sergeant

C_S wrote:
Started a new game and been binge playing it. They rebuilt the chopper controls in a patch and now those are usable. Before I'd have to tilt/throttle/tilt/balance, etc to keep moving forward (sort of). Now I mash the stick forward and she moves quick. Landing is easier too. This game is tits.

I gave 2 copies as Christmas gifts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:23 pm 
Sergeant Major

Catlover, this might be a spoiler. I hope it isn't but I've got to ask: Have you found Predator? I was surprised by this, I think it's badass.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

I can't beat im I give up on it for now, don't like walkthroughs on this I'll figure it out. Prolly night vision or something to spot im.

:oops:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 pm 
Sergeant

C_S wrote:
I can't beat im I give up on it for now, don't like walkthroughs on this I'll figure it out. Prolly night vision or something to spot im.

:oops:

I tried with my nephew but we couldn't kill him. He's a giant bullet sponge. It's taken some people hours to kill him. Cool Easter Egg but so challenging it became a chore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

This thread is over a year old now and I still play Ghost Recon. Haven't beat it yet, still play in the mood. It's a good value.

CatLover, when I play Far cry 5 (ur my only bud) xbone lists u as a playa at start and ur 185 points to my 15. Got the weekend off I'm about to dedicate some play time to correct.

Profile E-mail