maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 11 Bravo: YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS GAME
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:41 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12849
Quote:
Did you get that on Steam?
Seems like a lot of people are bitching that you can't use all the good mods for it if you buy it on Steam but if you get it elsewhere you can.
What's your experience been?

That's nonsense. Put the mod into the correct directory it works. Some games you have to right click the game in ur steam libary and click to run the mod instead of vanilla.

If there's a game that won't work w/ mods w/ steam I've yet to find one.

I think the professor was having terrible/intermittent downloads b/c of his network. If there's a conflict it would cause a couple devices to keep butting heads, even though device seems to be drawing an IP and sort of works. I've seen networks running fine accept for a device b/c it was running the same IP as another. Ppl reboot the modem and router, but usually won't reboot the hub b/c the network seems fine. Reboot it too. Seems stupid but so it goes. shrug. I manually assign IPs to avoid this. Most likely his ISP just sucked but it's good to rule things out.

I bring this up b/c his wife was streaming a movie while his computer was crap. One device working fine and another cutting out... hmmmm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:07 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 2894
C_S wrote:
Quote:
Did you get that on Steam?
Seems like a lot of people are bitching that you can't use all the good mods for it if you buy it on Steam but if you get it elsewhere you can.
What's your experience been?

That's nonsense. Put the mod into the correct directory it works. Some games you have to right click the game in ur steam libary and click to run the mod instead of vanilla.

If there's a game that won't work w/ mods w/ steam I've yet to find one.

I think the professor was having terrible/intermittent downloads b/c of his network. If there's a conflict it would cause a couple devices to keep butting heads, even though device seems to be drawing an IP and sort of works. I've seen networks running fine accept for a device b/c it was running the same IP as another. Ppl reboot the modem and router, but usually won't reboot the hub b/c the network seems fine. Reboot it too. Seems stupid but so it goes. shrug. I manually assign IPs to avoid this. Most likely his ISP just sucked but it's good to rule things out.

I bring this up b/c his wife was streaming a movie while his computer was crap. One device working fine and another cutting out... hmmmm.

What would you suggest as the 'must have' mods for this and where would I get them. If I were so inclined...

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:05 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 12669
nero wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:
Sarcasm.

But truly, a rule for rule's sake is when we lose our humanity.

Most of the rules are for a good reason. Like drive on the right side of the street. ;)

And we must be able to break that rule as needed.

Or else you're stuck behind a car going 40kph in 100kph zone because you have to drive on the right side of the road.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2711
Kameolontti wrote:
And we must be able to break that rule as needed.

Or else you're stuck behind a car going 40kph in 100kph zone because you have to drive on the right side of the road.

Quote:
17§

Ohittaminen

Edellä kulkeva ajoneuvo on ohitettava vasemmalta. Milloin edellä kulkeva kääntyy tai selvästi valmistautuu kääntymään vasemmalle, se on kuitenkin ohitettava oikealta.

Oikealta saa ohittaa, jos kuljettajan ajosuunnassa on vähintään kaksi ajokaistaa ja ajoneuvot kulkevat rinnakkaisilla ajokaistoilla. Polkupyöräilijä ja mopoilija saa muutoinkin ohittaa muun ajoneuvon kuin polkupyörän tai mopon oikealta.

Raitiovaunu on ohitettava oikealta. Sen saa kuitenkin ohittaa vasemmalta, missä kiskojen sijainti sitä edellyttää, jos se voi tapahtua vaaratta ja haitatta. Yksisuuntaisella ajoradalla raitiovaunun saa muutenkin ohittaa vasemmalta, jos liikenneolosuhteet sen sallivat.

Tienpidossa tai vastaavassa tiellä tai sen vieressä tehtävässä työssä käytettävää, asianmukaisesti merkittyä ajoneuvoa ohitettaessa saa menetellä olosuhteisiin nähden sopivimmalla tavalla tarpeellista varovaisuutta noudattaen.

I don't see any reason to break any rule. :roll:

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:24 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 2894
nero wrote:

So it goes.

What if the rule is immoral?

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:20 am 

I can tell nero is from Helsinki. Loves quoting the Law Bible.

nero, did you also bring your lawyer with you?

What if someone hurts someone you care about? Will you call your lawyer and find out what the limit for "emergency protection" is?

"See, it is OK to use *firm tone* in your voice. It is also OK to tap the person on the shoulder if he is indeed a Finn but if he's Somali and raping someone you like it is best not to touch him or else you might be charged with assault and hate crime"

-"OK, I will follow the law. I will call the police and observe the situation. I will not intervene because it can be illegal. I will not film any evidence because I don't have a permission from the assailant."

Good luck with that. Where I live, you touch a woman and we have a special group of teachers who specialize in teaching civilized manners. It always involves a recuperation period. It is also smart to keep the lesson to yourself in a place where the police are 40 minutes away.

This one guy, he was trying to impress the local *cough* MC. He was trying to get some women to come to the clubhouse and was not aware of the code of conduct. That was a funny one. He grabbed a lady at the bar by the arm and was trying to coerce her to come to the clubhouse. Couple of jackets and affiliates politely taught him how to respect a lady. I believe the message found it's way through his skull.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 am 
Sergeant Major

Kameolontti wrote:
I can tell nero is from Helsinki. Loves quoting the Law Bible.

nero, did you also bring your lawyer with you?

What if someone hurts someone you care about? Will you call your lawyer and find out what the limit for "emergency protection" is?

"See, it is OK to use *firm tone* in your voice. It is also OK to tap the person on the shoulder if he is indeed a Finn but if he's Somali and raping someone you like it is best not to touch him or else you might be charged with assault and hate crime"

-"OK, I will follow the law. I will call the police and observe the situation. I will not intervene because it can be illegal. I will not film any evidence because I don't have a permission from the assailant."

Good luck with that. Where I live, you touch a woman and we have a special group of teachers who specialize in teaching civilized manners. It always involves a recuperation period. It is also smart to keep the lesson to yourself in a place where the police are 40 minutes away.

This one guy, he was trying to impress the local *cough* MC. He was trying to get some women to come to the clubhouse and was not aware of the code of conduct. That was a funny one. He grabbed a lady at the bar by the arm and was trying to coerce her to come to the clubhouse. Couple of jackets and affiliates politely taught him how to respect a lady. I believe the message found it's way through his skull.

Stop your BS. :twisted:

And please, stop your whining and get a job. ;)

So it goes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:13 am 

Who says I don't have a job?

I'm the bossman. I get paid to use my best discretion to do what I feel I must and I have the right to hire multiple people and boss them around if I feel like I need it. I have near zero oversight and steadily increasing salary.

Unlike you I don't pretend such a thing is generally available to general population at large. I recognize that I have unusual skill set that is in high demand which allows me to position myself well within the society and that I traded away a decent chunk of salary for more personal freedom.

There's one thing you can't buy with your salary and that's freedom. Few people make enough money to save up so they can be free later. I managed to find the one job where I have this freedom while saving up. I could make 3-8 times what I make now with a few life choices but I'd lose some freedom while at it.

I'm confident I'll be making it to that level and beyond in the coming decade on my own from my rural outpost.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Kameolontti wrote:
Who says I don't have a job?

I'm the bossman. I get paid to use my best discretion to do what I feel I must and I have the right to hire multiple people and boss them around if I feel like I need it. I have near zero oversight and steadily increasing salary.

Unlike you I don't pretend such a thing is generally available to general population at large. I recognize that I have unusual skill set that is in high demand which allows me to position myself well within the society and that I traded away a decent chunk of salary for more personal freedom.

There's one thing you can't buy with your salary and that's freedom. Few people make enough money to save up so they can be free later. I managed to find the one job where I have this freedom while saving up. I could make 3-8 times what I make now with a few life choices but I'd lose some freedom while at it.

I'm confident I'll be making it to that level and beyond in the coming decade on my own from my rural outpost.

Well, I was reflecting the old slogan: "get a hair cut and get a real job". ;)

Good luck to all your efforts, but stop whining, please.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:59 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 10757
nero wrote:

So it goes.

Nuremberg defence for this man. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next