It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: transport fever
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:07 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
This game has it all. I've laid rail in the tutorials, but I'm having fun in the 1850s running stage coaches and moving goods w/ wagons. I've got 3 millions to start, and could rail I guess, but building up slowly w/ profit is so danged pleasing. The towns grow as they receive food, materials, so on. I've seen other players lay out massive empires w/ the startup.

Anyway, I recommend at least take a look at it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/446800/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: transport fever
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

I've been playing this game all weekend. It's awesome!

CSLF Logistics now provides coach services to Pittsburg, Downey, and Miama (it's a generic map), as well as rail services between these 3. Shipping in raw materials into finished material, then trucked into the cities, natural gas, crude oil, grain, processed foods. This humble conglomerate startup as a coach and buggy company started in 1850 - in 1904 made 5.6 millions profit :D Next year we've plans to roll out our new bus line, operated by state of the art internal combustion drawn carriages. Trucking companies are almost fully upgraded to steam drawrn lorries. The future is now!

2 thumbs way up on this game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

est. 1921 CSLF Airlines

Zero passengers, one plane and 2 airports, operating at total loss. I don't care. I'm going to run this line b/c I like it. I have F.U. money now so it's a monument to my success.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

I'd put in bus stops to service the airport to encourage ppl to fly, but I didn't think they would. Ppl are lining up for these death traps. Bought 6 more planes to meet demand. Air travel is a hit! :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:08 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 19776
I really enjoyed Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum.

Still plan on returning to that oldie, again. Another one of Sid Meier's greats.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

I like how new gear and shipping options become available over time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:33 am 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
I like how new gear and shipping options become available over time.

Does the Bear ride with BJ in the 18 wheeler?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:44 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
C_S wrote:
I'd put in bus stops to service the airport to encourage ppl to fly, but I didn't think they would. Ppl are lining up for these death traps. Bought 6 more planes to meet demand. Air travel is a hit! :o

That idea sounds like communism. You're not supposed to "encourage" or build services for consumers in market economy. If they want your shit, they'll have to come and get it and pay for it too!

Bus stops sound like mass transportation communist crap. Sell them cars for fuck sakes. Those with a job can afford a car and you don't want to be serving no deadbeat commies at your airliner. Working tax paying folks come with their own cars and pay for parking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:49 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
This is essentially Transport Tycoon Deluxe (TTD) but with modern graphics, modern interface and a lot more difficulty (and thus interest).

For instance, in TTD it was nigh impossible to not make profit. In this one just a single train line requires some management and optimization to get it right.

Other than that there are a lot of similarities.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:34 pm 
Sergeant Major

This game is on sale right now---80% off.
On sale for $7.00.
Sale ends Nov 8.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4468 ... ort_Fever/

I think that I will purchase it.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail