maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: The Great War (Youtibe: Indie Neidell)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16178
Last episode, week 225.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa1ALtQqrVs

I have to say. The Great War by Indie Neidell and his co-authors and production team is EASILY the best thing ever produced specifically to be shown on Youtube. If you have not heard of it, it is a week by week synopsis of World War 1 from beginning to end. The link (above) is for the final episode.

As I understand it, he is now working on designing and fundraising a series (week by week) about WW2. In the meantime, his team are going to produce episodes that follow on the end of The Great War and I guess the interval between the wars.

At ten minutes a pop, you can't sit down and watch the entire series. But if you watch five episodes per week, you can get an *outstanding* documentary from beginning to end in about a year. That's about an hour per week.

If you want to understand "The Great Game" as it was played in Europe in the 20thC and as it (IMO) is still largely played, this is the "one place to start" if you want to see it on video.

Ten stars out of ten. Highly recommended.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

Post subject: Re: The Great War (Youtibe: Indie Neidell)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17300
It is very good.

“This is Indy Neidell, welcome to the Great War.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
As I understand it, he is now working on designing and fundraising a series (week by week) about WW2. In the meantime, his team are going to produce episodes that follow on the end of The Great War and I guess the interval between the wars.

If he wants to cover the interwar period and lead up to WW2, then he best get started soon, because if he wants to mirror WW2, week by week, then he will need to start that phase Sept. 1, 2019.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17300
Here's the WW2 channel...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP1Aej ... YkZAELRhHQ

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:32 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3268
mdiehl wrote:
Last episode, week 225.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa1ALtQqrVs

I have to say. The Great War by Indie Neidell and his co-authors and production team is EASILY the best thing ever produced specifically to be shown on Youtube. If you have not heard of it, it is a week by week synopsis of World War 1 from beginning to end. The link (above) is for the final episode.

At ten minutes a pop, you can't sit down and watch the entire series. But if you watch five episodes per week, you can get an *outstanding* documentary from beginning to end in about a year. That's about an hour per week.

If you want to understand "The Great Game" as it was played in Europe in the 20thC and as it (IMO) is still largely played, this is the "one place to start" if you want to see it on video.

Ten stars out of ten. Highly recommended.

Thank you!!!

Just subscribed. Can't wait to watch it.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail