It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: nba 2k17
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:41 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12474
After buying 2k16, and raising hell about it, declaring I'd never buy another 2k game! :x

:oops: bah I bought the new one. It works a lot better w/o hassle, so they did correct what had me pissed before.

My 2k17 review:

It's pretty good. After years of struggle I'm getting better. Scored 27 points last game erm sayin? 5 assists erm sayin At "pro" level erm sayin

I read ppl here bitching all the time they're bored of all games looking for something new. I'm the same. I know nothing about the NBA so it's something new. Looking into new cheese dribbles, fades, basketball plays. It's just something different and the game very well made. Winning, getting a rebound, a sweet pass to score, nailing a 3. It's so dambed satisfying!

Apparently there's a NBA player who's last name is Gay. There's a guy bitching he can't name his myplayer after him b/c "Gay" is considered a foul word on the 2K servers :lol: So it goes.

I hate sports but this game is fun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: nba 2k17
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:32 pm 
First Sergeant

I'm 6'4" 8-) 3 point shooter.

If I get open for an uncontested shot it's what us elementary school crackers used to call a "swish" 8-) Now I think it's called "nothing but net, bbabay" 8-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:02 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 11996
I still lament EA killing off the NFL 2k series long ago via monetarily bullying them out of the arena.

The shitheels at EA knew the 2k code did a more reliable job at emulating football, and that they were increasingly losing business to this competitor. So instead of improving their code, they dumped a bunch of cash into an exclusive contract for NFL licensing (aka monopoly) to edge them out. :roll:

Just one instance in a long list of dick-assery by EA.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:32 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 2894
C_S wrote:
I'm 6'4" 8-) 3 point shooter.

If I get open for an uncontested shot it's what us elementary school crackers used to call a "swish" 8-) Now I think it's called "nothing but net, bbabay" 8-)

Last few years it's been "splash". I'm sure they'll come up with something "fresh" soon.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 pm 
First Sergeant

I still play this game.

Cheese dribbling inside for a dunk or hitting a three is tits. It never gets old.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 12669
NefariousKoel wrote:
I still lament EA killing off the NFL 2k series long ago via monetarily bullying them out of the arena.

The shitheels at EA knew the 2k code did a more reliable job at emulating football, and that they were increasingly losing business to this competitor. So instead of improving their code, they dumped a bunch of cash into an exclusive contract for NFL licensing (aka monopoly) to edge them out. :roll:

Just one instance in a long list of dick-assery by EA.

Yea, talk about free competition in US.

It is illegal for anyone to even try to challenge EA in sports games.

Illegal. Meaning there's not a chance in world you can do it unless you're EA, which you are not so that's the end of it.

Making sports games? You need to invent your own sport if you want to make it and get it published without your company being blown to smithereens by EA's legal army.

Which reminds me, EA probably spends more money on lawyers than in game development. It's all marketing and lawyers with some odd crumb dropping under the table where their developers live.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:53 am 
First Sergeant

Thanks for hijacking the thread

I've made it to the final main event 7 game who's the best "Championship" dealio. I'm going to set the options to easy b/c after playing 300 hours to get here, losing would be a complete disaster. It won't let the player shorten the season. I've played almost 70 games. It's taken months. gesh. I'll set it so I can score 100 points/game and never miss a shot. I got this 8-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:12 am 
First Sergeant

Won. so it goes 8-)

Profile E-mail