maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Cold Waters -- inspired by Red Storm Rising
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:06 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Russian torpedo:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:35 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8277
Got this game and am giving it a try.

In my first duel I got a great solution on my Soviet adversarial and shot a torp at him. He also immediately responded and I started maneuvering. Accidentally hit the blow ballast button and went screaming to the surface where I went to all stop and silent running. My torp missed and I thought I was toast, but somehow it reacquired the Soviet and took him out. The crew were rewarded with margaritas and a bit of time to take in the sun. Funny as shit... wished I had recorded it.

In another duel I went up against a Sierra (I believe it was) and had him dead to rights. Shot a torp at him and then began evasive maneuvers. Think the dude fired 4 torps at me and we both ended at the bottom of the ocean. :cry:

Lots of hotkeys to get used to, so this one, which I find interesting, may be a long term project. If I can learn how to play it well, I might start videoing my games.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Lava wrote:
Got this game and am giving it a try.

In my first duel I got a great solution on my Soviet adversarial and shot a torp at him. He also immediately responded and I started maneuvering. Accidentally hit the blow ballast button and went screaming to the surface where I went to all stop and silent running. My torp missed and I thought I was toast, but somehow it reacquired the Soviet and took him out. The crew were rewarded with margaritas and a bit of time to take in the sun. Funny as shit... wished I had recorded it.

In another duel I went up against a Sierra (I believe it was) and had him dead to rights. Shot a torp at him and then began evasive maneuvers. Think the dude fired 4 torps at me and we both ended at the bottom of the ocean. :cry:

Lots of hotkeys to get used to, so this one, which I find interesting, may be a long term project. If I can learn how to play it well, I might start videoing my games.

I downloaded the PDF manual for Cold Waters and printed off the key command page. Beats writing them down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:50 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 8277
NefariousKoel wrote:
I downloaded the PDF manual for Cold Waters and printed off the key command page. Beats writing them down.

Depends on you eyesight.

I wrote the keys in a font of 42. :lol:

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7