maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearts of Iron 4 Multi
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14675
And if there's #4, he can play either the US or Italy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19649
I've never played HoI4 in multiplayer.
Is there a link to somewhere that explains the process involved?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:44 am 
Sergeant Major

The multiplayer connection stuff is a lot better now on later Paradox games. I've not played HoI4 multi but I've played EU4 and especially Stellaris multiplayer many times.

Someone will need to host, just set up a host with a password on it and give us the names. I don't think Steam join works.

The problem with Paradox games is, we'll need to settle on a mutually acceptable game speed. I think there's quite a lot going on clickwise though so even if it's going slow you shouldn't be too bored - unlike EU4 say, where when theres aw ar on someone will want to be going slow while everybody else is going fast.

I suspect I played the most so I guess I better play Germany?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Looks like I've got 1 other, a second other can't make it this Saturday. So unless more here are 'in' it'll be 3 of us.

So I suggest we play UK/Germany/USSR, no changing alliance between us (ie, Germany stays fascist and Axis, UK stays democratic and Allied, USSR stays communist and Comintern) and aside from that we have at it.

My bud has played it the least I think so I guess he better be the UK, as it's probably the most forgiving even if it is kinda complicated.

In the future that second other will be more available so 4 player games are doable then, I guess a player controlled Italy would be best. If we get a #5 we can have the US or France or Japan in. and #6 will be, well.. everybody important. ;)

Maybe Nero should pick it up so he can play Finland. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:11 am 
Sergeant Major

EUBanana wrote:
Looks like I've got 1 other, a second other can't make it this Saturday. So unless more here are 'in' it'll be 3 of us.

So I suggest we play UK/Germany/USSR, no changing alliance between us (ie, Germany stays fascist and Axis, UK stays democratic and Allied, USSR stays communist and Comintern) and aside from that we have at it.

My bud has played it the least I think so I guess he better be the UK, as it's probably the most forgiving even if it is kinda complicated.

In the future that second other will be more available so 4 player games are doable then, I guess a player controlled Italy would be best. If we get a #5 we can have the US or France or Japan in. and #6 will be, well.. everybody important. ;)

Maybe Nero should pick it up so he can play Finland. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So my first choice of playing Luxembourg is a no go then. ;-)

So, it sounds as if you were going to play Germany, your friend the U.K., and that leaves me with the USSR. I have not played to Russians very much (or maybe never), but I will give it a go. I have a couple days to run her through practice games.

What skill level shall we play at?
I've mostly been running at "recruit" level, but started playing at "regular" of late. Not even once at veteran.

As for game speed I most often play it at the 2 bars speed, sometimes at 3 bars. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I am used to pausing the game a lot but I understand that doesn't go over well in multiplayer. How does 2 bars play speed sound? (With pauses reserved for the occasional piss break).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:35 am 
Sergeant Major

I don't mind which I play, though my bud was wary of being Germany, especially as it'll be kinda the lynchpin of it all most likely. I'll play the USSR if you prefer. I guess Japan could be on the table too but with 3 people i imagine UK/Germany/USSR are probably the ones you wanna go for.

I'd definitely put it on veteran, the game is laughably easy IMO, hence why I started this thread up to try and find some intelligences greater than artificial ones to lock horns with!

Speed, I think there's enough going on that 2 or 3 bars will be fine, probably even in peacetime.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:38 am 
Sergeant Major

Alright:
Veteran level
2 bar speed
I will give the USSR a go (she has alot of territory to retreat back into LoL )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:58 am 
Sergeant Major

Cool.

May the best dictator win. :D

Maybe we should do an AAR...

I have everybody on Steam so I'll do the nagging, 3pm EST.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Might be regular is better after all, it pushes the whole war back by messing with political points. NVM. I guess with humans as the main players runty AI for them won't be a problem.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

One hour to go!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next