maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Battletech (PC)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:43 pm 
Corporal

Reputation points: 865
A manual would have been nice. The way the turn flows seems weird.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:45 pm 
Corporal

Reputation points: 865
Battletech pretty much runs on a hit point system. Separate HPs for armor and internal structure. Haven't caught on yet on how heat is tracked here. That was a major thing to watch on the board game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14675
Heat is there, it's the little bar on the far left of the screen you see.

You'll see it pop up if you're firing non stop. Then it's melee time until you cool down again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:18 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 17177
You can also get a tooltip pop-up if you hover your mouse over each weapon, on the list at the bottom right when you have a mech selected.

It can be a bit screwy the first try, so you may have to move your mouse a bit until it highlights the weapon line. Then you'll get the pop-up above that window which describes how much damage, heat, etc the weapon does, and it's ideal range band.

That UI vid I posted above mentions where to find a lot of stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:38 am 
Sergeant Major

It's like Battletech heaven this year.

Now I'm looking forward to Mechwarrior 5!

Might even get the board game, I forgot how cool Battletech is. But it is very cool.

I'm liking how the game has a lot of lore in it, I really forgot how cool it all was. Last time I touched Battletech must've been almost two decades ago now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:45 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6238
Get MegaMek, it's free and awesome. They are now adding in the ability to custom build Dropships, and soon Jumpships and warships.

Princess (the bot for solo play) now knows how to drop bombs from fighters on you. Solo play is great. Use MekHQ for all your house keeping needs. I run multi-regimental in size and run Battalion and sometimes Regiment sized battles.

Friggin awesome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

MegaMek is pretty cool, good shout. No idea wtf I'm doing though. :P

The board game is being rereleased this year, no doubt to coincide with the games resurfacing. Might pick it up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 pm 
Sergeant

Your using MekHQ too right? Took me a couple weeks to get the hang of it. But once you do, you can fight battles of just about any size. MekHQ will even allow you run a campaign and the PC will generate an opfor, pick map etc for you. Then you go into MegaMek and fight the battle, come back out with all your salvage, KIA, WIA and all the battle repairs to be completed.

The PC generated fights are mainly Lance on Lance............I tend to just delete the PC generated battles and create a mega battle. Company on Company, Battalion on Battalion, Regiment on Regiment. The larger the battle the longer it takes. Biggest for me was 180 (or so) Mechs for me vs 230 or so enemy. Took about 3 weeks to finish the damn thing. I like the bigger battles on nice large maps. I can then employ my units the way I designed them fully supporting each other.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:17 am 
Sergeant Major

MekHQ?

:?

Nope, clueless on this subject.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:31 am 
Sergeant

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index. ... ic=60704.0

That is the version I am currently using. They just released a newer version, but I stay a couple versions back for bugs. MekHQ will have 3 programs in it, MekHQ, Megamek and Meklab all linked together but still able to be used seperately.

They are free, they are all still being developed and actively supported. The above version are all the development releases. IE, they have all the newest and greatest things in them. Soon we will have a new stable version, if your using a stable version of Megamek, it is at least a year old.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6