maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battletech (PC)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
NefariousKoel wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:
Not talking about Battletech, just talking about how it usually seems to go. Also, stuff like the people behind Starship Troopers IP wishing the IP would be used for something that promotes pacifism and peace and didn't have any kind of combat... right. We'd use our own money to make a game called Starship Troopers where you try to run an orbital ganja farm.

I've seen some lefty asshats refer to Starship Troopers as a Fascist-run future.

They completely miss the point of the story being about two different very different interstellar empires, who have no common understanding, being in a constant state of war with the loser likely to be completely exterminated.

It's about what the humans have to do in order to simply survive in that situation against an alien enemy bent on their total destruction. Getting tough when faced with genocide.

But some would have you think that everything would have been just fine had humanity simply turned the other cheek/empathized more with the "visitors" from outer space....

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
chijohnaok wrote:
But some would have you think that everything would have been just fine had humanity simply turned the other cheek/empathized more with the "visitors" from outer space....

It is the primary mission of government and citizens to welcome these guests, who are in danger.

The primary task of police and security forces will be to protect them from racist native citizens. We are especially worried about the people who have lost relatives to individual attacks by extreme-Arachnids, that these people unjustly would blame all Arachnids for the actions of individual Arachnids with mental disorders and engage in homegrown terrorism. This homegrown terrorism is the greatest security threat we've ever faced.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Kameolontti wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

It is the primary mission of government and citizens to welcome these guests, who are in danger.

The primary task of police and security forces will be to protect them from racist native citizens. We are especially worried about the people who have lost relatives to individual attacks by extreme-Arachnids, that these people unjustly would blame all Arachnids for the actions of individual Arachnids with mental disorders and engage in homegrown terrorism. This homegrown terrorism is the greatest security threat we've ever faced.

Attempt to award points failed.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6238
EUBanana wrote:
Scharfschütze wrote:

Regarding MWO, been playing this since closed beta. I gather it is not for everyone, but then, War Thunder, World of Tanks or World of Warships weren´t for me... ;)

*drool*

YES

MechWarrior 5 will allow 4 person co-op in missions/campaign plus release date confirmed for Dec 2018.

But pretty sure it is going to be a friggin Steam release which might actually force my hand. Bastards

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
2ndAcr wrote:

But pretty sure it is going to be a friggin Steam release which might actually force my hand. Bastards

Something eventually will because developers increasingly publish on Steam only. :|

Although their customer service probably still blows, they now offer full money back on newly purchased games with <2 hours played. I've got refunds on a couple that didn't float with me, in the past few months, by just using a couple dropdown menus and waiting a day or two.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

2ndAcr wrote:
EUBanana wrote:

*drool*

YES

MechWarrior 5 will allow 4 person co-op in missions/campaign plus release date confirmed for Dec 2018.

My bold emphasis above

:evil:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:29 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2952
2ndAcr wrote:

MWO is available through Steam (and free-to-play), they changed their launcher a while back and you can either use their´s or as per usual on steam, however you can´t return your account to the original launcher once you go Steam.

I start the exe with a custom .bat so I never really cared for Steam, but main info would be PGI is cool with Steam. Got all the Shadowrun stuff from Harebrained Schemes on Steam so prepare for

REACTOR ... ONLINE --- SENSORS ... ONLINE --- WEAPONS ... ONLINE --- ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL ---

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:29 am 
Hair in the soap

My few short stints with MWO proved I was a mediocre MWO multi-player.

My FPS skills have gone to shit in the past decade or so. Even when walking around in huge mechs that can only aim in a limited forward arc.

That's why I've owned ARMA 3 for awhile and still haven't played. Probably my best bet though, on those big open maps. Want Red Orchestra: Vietnam but that's a bit more run & gun. Plus I rarely FPS. :|

Looks like the upcoming Battletech game is based on the same engine as MWO.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:01 pm 
Hair in the soap

Battletech (the one based off the tabletop) is releasing in April.

$39.99

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/battletech ... ASTER.html

Being Paradox, I expect it will be a Steam-only release. I'm not sure how the ones on Paradox's own site are distributed, but I'd be surprised if it weren't a Steam activation key.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15675
Looks like they are working on a launcher of their own, though it doesn't look all that apart from Steam.

https://play.paradoxplaza.com/

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next