maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stellaris
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:32 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2077
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... -diary-86-Čapek-synthetic-dawn-patch-notes.1043979/&sdpDevPosts=1

Quote:

#################################################################
########################## VERSION 1.8.0 ########################
#################################################################
# Ethics
- Xenophile now gets -25%/-50% border friction instead of +25%/+50% trust growth
- Spiritualist ethic now gets -15/-30% unrest instead of -10/-20
- Fanatic Purifiers now have decreased Pacifist ethics attraction
- Authoritarian now gives +0.5/+1 influence instead of resettlement cost reduction
- Authoritarian now gets +5/+10% slave resource output instead of reduced slave unrest
- Pacifist now gives +5%/+10% pop resource production instead of unity
- Long Period of Peace Pacifist/Militarist ethics factor will no longer start ticking until 50 game years have passed
- Significant tweaks & fixes to many aspects of ethics attraction

# Stations
- Significantly buffed military station hit points and damage output
- No longer possible for regular empires to build military stations outside their own borders
- Passive Observation now gives 5 monthly society research (up from 3)
- Active Observation now gives 8 monthly society research (up from 6)

# War
- Ships in aggressive stance that are bombarding will no longer break orbit to chase after much smaller enemy fleets
- Planetary Fortifications will now be repaired even during bombardment, at a slower rate than normal. Fleets are not large enough to beat out this rate of repair will not cause any damage to the planet
- Liberated empires now start with a small fleet
- Fleets that are not set to aggressive stance will no longer engage unarmed orbital stations
- Military fleets can no longer be set to evasive stance, to avoid accidental retreats when switching stances

###################
# AI
###################

# Crises
- Unbidden will no longer deploy every single fleet they have to defend the portal against wandering Tiyanki
- Significant work done to Unbidden and Swarm AI, are now far less prone to get stuck and better able to consume the galaxy
- Major work done to AI empires' ability to cooperate and defend against endgame crises

# Diplomacy
- Certain AI personalities (like Ruthless Capitalists) now want tributaries rather than vassals
- The AI will now accept being traded systems they think would be useful for them, and that aren't an obvious trap
- Should now be more consistent about when to accept Federation invites
- Added AI personality and special dialogue for Devouring Swarms
- Fallen & Robotic Empires now scoff at food trades

# Misc
- AI is now better at utilizing primitives through observation posts or invasion depending on their personality
- AI is now better at placing down frontier outposts to grab useful chunks of territory
- AI now puts much more priority on building up the Federation Fleet when they are President

# Economy
- Major work done to the AI to make it better at expanding in the early game
- Major work done to AI to make it build up its planets and have a stronger late-game economy

# Sectors
- Major work done to improve sectors' performance, particularly their ability to understand tile resources, food production and when to replace buildings

# War
- Awakened Empires now use a mix of subjugation and conquest war goals rather than only conquering
- General work done to war AI to make it better at prosecuting and winning wars
- Some AI personalities, such as fanatic purifiers, will now go after neutral targets like Enclaves and uncontacted empires
- The AI is now more reliable when it comes to cooperating with and following their overlord and allies
- AI will now retreat from battle in their home systems unless they are down to just a few owned/controlled planets
- AI will no longer launch suicidal single-ship attacks on enemies blockading its planets

###################
# User Interface
###################

# Important
- Terraforming Candidates now show up in the expansion planner
- Expansion Planner now displays and can be sorted by the amount of strategic resources (Betharian/Alien Pets) present on a planet
- Planet/habitat outliner is now organized by which system planets are in, and sorted by distance to capital

# Misc
- Age of candidates is now shown in election views
- Total Unity production is now shown in planet view
- Event options will now display when they are unlocked by a particular Civic or Authority
- Contacts view now displays AI personality of empires rather than government type, if they have a valid personality to show
- Some terraforming links are now hidden when their conditions are not met
- Cleaned up terraforming interface and added icons to show planet classes
- Pop faction interface now displays support instead of attraction
- Species traits are now sorted according to cost, with special traits (like habitability traits) appearing first in the list, and support for custom override of priority in script files
- Added new pop status effect icons for pops that are being assimilated, kept as livestock or have had their sapience removed

# Alerts & Notifications
- Added notifications for completing species modification and uplifting projects
- Added a notification for when Federation Leader changes
- Added an alert for when the Shroud is accessible
- Added an alert for when a Fallen Empire attacks you early in the game explaining what's happening and suggesting you surrender

# Galaxy Map
- You can now always see where other empires' frontier outposts are if you have communications with them
- Added a mapmode toggle that colors 'allied' empires (same Federation or in a subject-overlord relationship) with the same color
- Unsurveyed planets are now colored orange to properly hide their habitability

Soon ... one of these days I´ll look into fed building myself ;)

Currently Spiritualist/Militarist/Xenophobe Oligarchy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:27 am 
Sergeant

Kameolontti wrote:
Thanks for updating me. I got it on launch date and it quickly became obvious that it was "minimally viable product" at the time.

If I had been smart I had waited until they actually fleshed out the MVP to a real game!

It's not just them though, it tends to be very common with new releases these days, big and small games - don't get it when it's released, give it a few years and show up when other people have hit their heads against wall until that wall has been removed.

IMO the game is fantastic, luckily I picked up the vibe that it was great but flawed early on and decided to wait, which worked as intended and got me the game on a sale when it had reached "playable" state.

5 days :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 pm 
Sergeant

It´s more gamer Crack, as expected.

Doing Hive Mind, force-spawned my more rounded empire designs. Some duds, others terrifying.
Best builds Fanatic Xenophobe Pacifist and Devouring Swarm Hive. Not in direct contact, fortunately.

Rogue Def System neighbour was always inferior, just DOWed, had to withdraw when its supposedly equal-strength fleet went into my prepared defences and lying-in-ambush fleet.

- turns out it he has a 4-Star admiral to my 1-Star
- seems I had to many torps and too few missiles, with my setup allowing the machine fleet to share shields pretty optimal

:D

Another RDefSys got mauled by the Devourer Hive and a Materialist/Militarist/Authortiarian build.

And oh do yourselves or rather the AI a favor and force Hyperlane travel only.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
Scharfschütze wrote:
.. Fanatic Xenophobe Pacifist ..

Sounds very passive-aggressive. :D

Quote:

Does the AI go scatterbrained when it has too many movement choices?

If you set them to only use Hyperlanes, do you also restrict your own to the same? Or do you still use different ones for your own?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:55 am 
Sergeant

NefariousKoel wrote:
Scharfschütze wrote:
.. Fanatic Xenophobe Pacifist ..

It does deliver. FanXen gets a lot of extra border range and gains Influence from neighbouring rivals, I push in on nearby Xenos with outposts on border systems when ready for action until they have had enough and declare war ;)

NefariousKoel wrote:
Scharfschütze wrote:

If you set them to only use Hyperlanes, do you also restrict your own to the same? Or do you still use different ones for your own?

Forced Hyperlanes are applied to all empires, including yours, just tested it ;)

Using lanes makes the map 300% more strategic since there will be choke points, gateway systems and important crossroads. Picked this up from some guy on the p-dox forums, never looked back.

Other setting are AI difficulty Hard, AI aggro High.
Extreme difficulty resulted in AI fleets being 3x the strength of mine, no thanks, Hard is spot on for me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:29 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
Scharfschütze wrote:
Forced Hyperlanes are applied to all empires, including yours, just tested it ;)

Using lanes makes the map 300% more strategic since there will be choke points, gateway systems and important crossroads. Picked this up from some guy on the p-dox forums, never looked back.

Extreme difficulty resulted in AI fleets being 3x the strength of mine, no thanks, Hard is spot on for me.

Hmm. I shall try this.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:50 pm 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14215
Scharfschütze wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

It does deliver. FanXen gets a lot of extra border range and gains Influence from neighbouring rivals, I push in on nearby Xenos with outposts on border systems when ready for action until they have had enough and declare war ;)

NefariousKoel wrote:

Master of Orion III also had the lane system. Lane system is highly unrealistic and an absolute must from game design perspective. It's gamey in a good way, making the game richer and better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:26 pm 
Hair in the soap

Kameolontti wrote:

Master of Orion III also had the lane system. Lane system is highly unrealistic and an absolute must from game design perspective. It's gamey in a good way, making the game richer and better.

Yes.. having the spacelane type of interstellar travel has always worked better in 4X games that I know of.

Primarily due to giving the AI fewer, and therefore easier, choices on where to move, attack, defend, etc.

I still get curious as to how badly they can mess up those without lanes, or having other types, though. I've regularly seen people bitch & complain about being restricted to Starlanes in various 4X games, so it's amusing to see examples of the poor AI they're actually asking for in an open travel type one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:49 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7273
They also added a UI scale slider which is why I bought the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:07 am 
Hair in the soap

Old Eagle wrote:
They also added a UI scale slider which is why I bought the game.

Of all the many things that could possibly be good or bad with a game..

.. and that was your main deciding factor?

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next