maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stellaris
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:56 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7273
NefariousKoel wrote:
Old Eagle wrote:
They also added a UI scale slider which is why I bought the game.

Of all the many things that could possibly be good or bad with a game..

.. and that was your main deciding factor?

:lol:

I already knew I wanted the game, but if you can't see it, you cant play it.

Is that OK with you?

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:42 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2077
Being able to properly see a video game seems indeed sine qua non.

Anyway:

My current setup for empire.

Galaxy map mid-gameish. Some empires which failed earlier have been eliminated, the big boys start to tangle, Trade Authority which repeatedly beat Devourers is losing their current war vs the Yithians badly.

Yithians started out as FanXenophobe Pacifists, have ditched Pacifism ethic for Materialism and went Mongol. My intel says Trade Authority has lost all of its fleet, too bad since I had been propping them as least dangerous in that corner.

Seems that was a correct assumption :D

My piece of space real estate, including the subjugated Exterminators I am exterminating ;)
If you look carefull you can see the magic of forced hyperlanes in evidence. Mots of the entry jump points are mined, towards the Devourers in several layers.

Genemodded Hive people, I corrected the mistakes made in my initial build with science. :ugeek:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
Old Eagle wrote:
I already knew I wanted the game, but if you can't see it, you cant play it.

Is that OK with you?

:roll:

Ever checked out one of those big magnifying glass screen overlays? Or some bat sonar for other things?

:P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11323
My Exterminator horde of Skynet-machines just found post-WW3 Earth. :)

I knew it was in it, as a potential thing, but never actually found the radiation roaches. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Here are the actual roaches... ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:50 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
As a Citizen of the Federation, you know what you have to do. The only good bug is a dead bug.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:55 am 
Sergeant

;)

Are you doing your part?

My fleet assaulting an machine fallen empire home system. 2nd of three attacks needed to break their defences. Went from 140k fleet strength to 80k+ taking out the fortresses and chasing down the main fleet. Good fights!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Nice, that's a meaty fleet.

My Exterminator force just fought off a fallen empire attack, I think the biggest fleet strength I got up to was about 100k though. The economy was groaning supporting a fleet that size but it managed it for long enough to win a white peace. Destroyers armed with lots of flak cannons seemed to work very nicely, my Fallen Empire was using a lot of nasty fighters...

Now new planets are being converted to huge power generators for the final phase of the galactic extermination - I think a Dyson sphere or two might be required. Unfortunately half the galaxy is in some sort of nancy Federation, so the Exterminators must bring overwhelming force to the table with their galactic fleet when the time goes to move on in. The fallen empires are actually the weaker targets!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:14 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
Poindexter wrote:
As a Citizen of the Federation, you know what you have to do. The only good bug is a dead bug.

I support this message.

You could probably just initiate a form of bio-warfare against the insects. Bio-engineer big ass hungry spiders to clean house!

Then again, you may end up creating bigger issues in the long run. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:34 am 
Sergeant

EUBanana wrote:
Nice, that's a meaty fleet.

My Exterminator force just fought off a fallen empire attack, I think the biggest fleet strength I got up to was about 100k though. The economy was groaning supporting a fleet that size but it managed it for long enough to win a white peace. Destroyers armed with lots of flak cannons seemed to work very nicely, my Fallen Empire was using a lot of nasty fighters...

Now new planets are being converted to huge power generators for the final phase of the galactic extermination - I think a Dyson sphere or two might be required. Unfortunately half the galaxy is in some sort of nancy Federation, so the Exterminators must bring overwhelming force to the table with their galactic fleet when the time goes to move on in. The fallen empires are actually the weaker targets!

I gene-modded the "Devourers" pops to generate more income and help with upkeep, energy credits being the main obstacle in running truly large fleets.

The ringworlds pictured above are incredibly rich, as in one being 25x25 minerals and another generating only slightly less in energy income.

Seems I destroyed 3/4 of the buildings on the xeno machine capital world through orbital bombardment though :D

Current map:

Devourers have suffered three bad defeats and are no longer a threat, Trade Authority has reasserted itself and beaten the Yithians decisively in their last war, the passive-aggressive Shroud found itself with no friends lost a lot of territory in a 3-front war.

Earth UNwould love to do a federation, except there are no takers ;)
Dorbolan Restorers awoke after me destroying the machine fallen empire, vowing to Make Dorbola Great Again and DOWing all neighbours.

The Overoz Ancients remain soundly asleep, by my estimates the can field ~half my fleet strength.

Currently torn between vassalizing the Thek´Qlak or finishing off either the Devourers or Overozi.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next