maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Of Warships
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:47 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Kraken's arr ovah prace

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 192.89 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:50 am 
Sergeant Major

-7 for damage to ally

"Officer, I swear he came out of nowhere!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 am 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
-7 for damage to ally

"Officer, I swear he came out of nowhere!"

Very nice.

-7 sounds like one stray shell hit a teammate

Although I can recall a battle where I hit a friendly DD with just one stray shell....it resulted in a ‘devastating’ strike, blew him up, and turned me pink. :lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:01 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6363
Neg 7, that is a scrape the paint during a turn.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
These guys need to limit themselves to updating the game only once every six months or so. The updates are constantly warning me about solid state drive space getting sucked into a black hole of wasted memory.

Now I'm going to bitch about the constant changing of rules. For a new player it doesn't matter, for a consistent player it doesn't matter, for a casual player like me who logs in to discover the Clevelend I grinded to get, has moved up a tier and is now a worthless piece of shit.

I've given up on it. This game can kiss my ass.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

C_S wrote:
These guys need to limit themselves to updating the game only once every six months or so. The updates are constantly warning me about solid state drive space getting sucked into a black hole of wasted memory.

Now I'm going to bitch about the constant changing of rules. For a new player it doesn't matter, for a consistent player it doesn't matter, for a casual player like me who logs in to discover the Clevelend I grinded to get, has moved up a tier and is now a worthless piece of shit.

I think the patch where the Cleveland moved from Tier 6 to Tier 8 was 0.7.5, which was like 4-5 months ago.

The Cleveland is still a useful ship, it’s just that how to best use her has changed.
Light cruisers (the class Cleveland belongs to) and the Cleveland specifically, are still valuable anti-aircraft ships. She is still a great fire starter, setting ships on fire and burning them up. But you have to be careful about positioning her. Islands are your friends. Find a good spot for cover, snipe at the enemy when the opportunity presents itself. Her gun arc allows you to shoot over islands much of the time. And when you can’t, you poke your nose out from cover, snipe, and then pull back when shells start to rain down on you. She is also still a good DD killer. What you can’t do, is sail her broadsides or out in the open, exposed, to battlships and big cruisers and think that you will survive for long. She also has radar (which I don’t think that she had before that patch). Radar is your friend for hunting DD’s.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18507
doctor, I'm impressed w/ those numbers. Gunnery is good. Now just stop ramming every team mate around you :D

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:48 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
C_S wrote:

Games like this are the reason I still buy an old fashioned and relatively inexpensive mechanical HDD to install big games wholesale, along with my OS.

I only install the games requiring long loading times or excessive in-game disk reads that make the game hitch on my SSD(s) at high gfx settings. Such as DCS World, IL-2 Battle Of Stalingrad, and maybe the Total War: Warhammer games.

Most of the rest perform just fine sitting on a 2TB hard drive along with the Windows OS. The latter because I don't want the constant Windows background read/writes wearing down my SSDs faster, not to mention taking up so much valuable SSD space for allotted temp space and other OS junk. The fewer times I have to install Windows on a new replacement drive, the happier I am. Starting it up once a day doesn't take long at all if you keep the Startup programs list clean and minimalist. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Here are some codes that you can redeem in the premium shop for some freebies

F34RTH3M4CH1N350FTH3D33P...code for WoWS that gives you the "Alena" symbol

WENEEDMORESIGNALS
CAMOFORHALLOWEEN
CAMOIIFORYOU
HWSIGNALS
CAMOIIIYAY

Also, if any of you ever visit the Test Server, tomorrow they are starting Public Test of Update 0.7.11. Round 1
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/pub ... test-0711/ and you can get some flags and consumables on your main account for doing some minimal test play there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

More codes:
CAMOCEPTION
LASTBUTNOTLEAST
PUMPKIN18
FIREMAKESMERESTLESS

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next