maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 150  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Of Warships
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6238
Yeah, radar out the ass tonight. 4 battles and saw a total of 46 radar boats in those battles. Ran 1 DD and the rest as a radar boat. I did rip a Des Moines to pieces coming around a island in my Seattle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
2ndAcr wrote:
Yeah, radar out the ass tonight. 4 battles and saw a total of 46 radar boats in those battles. Ran 1 DD and the rest as a radar boat. I did rip a Des Moines to pieces coming around a island in my Seattle.

How'd you already score the Seattle?

I managed to get the Tier VI Dallas because I had a healthy amount of XP accumulated on my Omaha, but for the US light cruiser line all I have at the moment is Dallas and Cleveland.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:05 pm 
Sergeant

Well, I had something like 55 mil cash, 14,000 gold and 375,000 or so free XP. Not to mention the 150,000 commander XP.

I researched Dallas, researched and bought Helena, had Cleveland, researched and bought Seattle. Easy peesy

I been hoarding like mad just like I do anytime a new line is announced.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:44 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3823
Okay. Been on extended break from WOW, but have some good inventory in cash, gold and free XP. Reading the comments on the new cruiser lines has lit the fire. I'll get on line this weekend, get some time on the cruisers under my belt, then do some investing. Any suggestions as to where to start?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

HancockTheSuperb wrote:
Okay. Been on extended break from WOW, but have some good inventory in cash, gold and free XP. Reading the comments on the new cruiser lines has lit the fire. I'll get on line this weekend, get some time on the cruisers under my belt, then do some investing. Any suggestions as to where to start?

Well, if you had the Tier 6 Cleveland in your inventory, you should find a stock model Tier 8 Cleveland light cruiser sitting in your port.

If you had the Tier 5 Omaha, and enough XP built up on it, then you should be able to research the Tier 6 Dallas light cruiser.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:13 pm 
Sergeant

Squishy...…….be ready for a bunch of sudden death games, low damage dealt games and a ton of shells fired for few hits due to that glorious arc at range.

Helena is glorious at under 8km against DD's, nothing better than ripping 4-6 thou damage per salvo off them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:57 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
2ndAcr wrote:
Squishy...…….be ready for a bunch of sudden death games, low damage dealt games and a ton of shells fired for few hits due to that glorious arc at range.

Helena is glorious at under 8km against DD's, nothing better than ripping 4-6 thou damage per salvo off them.

Hiding behind cover? Pfah! We don't need no stinking cover! Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:09 pm 
Sergeant

Helena is fun at tier 7...….many a Omaha, Fiji and DD has met their end to my guns. 15 AP shells is a bitch when 6-8 land in a single salvo under 8km. DD well 15 HE shells under 8km just rips them to shreds.

Got Wooster and boy she is a oversized Atlanta. Planes just flat out avoid you like the plague. Mino and Des Moi aint got shit on her. Course I am also an ass and have the range cranked to 19km with her for anti camping duties.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:53 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
Which spyglass do you guys use? There's 12 options I think. Some look weird. I've never known how to aim. Watched a few tutorials. Just learned to turn shell flytime. Very helpful. I'd like notches that show seconds. Should I use static or dynamic? I know it's still some guesswork but I'd like to have a somewhat educated 'guess' rather than eyeballing it. B/c I know I suck at this game. Still like playing it sometimes.

I don't team much b/c u guys are in ur teir 10s and cool kids don't hang out w/ n00bs ;)

Just wondering what set up y'all use. There are a lot of different aiming tutorials but I'm not sure which is best or most current w/ patching. You guys share your setup, or recommend a good aiming tutorial I should watch? Now that I'm sober a couple weeks I'm starting to take my gaming more seriously 8-) Rather than go in drunk and shooting at 2 dds that's really only one... Want to try to get better. I looked at my stats I'm landing less than 20% hits iirc. That's pathetic no wonder my team always loses.

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

I use the static, type 2 crosshairs but I think it’s all up to personal preference.

My accuracy rate is around 25%....I have had games where I hit over 2/3 of my shots...and others where I can’t hit the broadside of a Yamato at 5km.

Different ships have different firing arcs (straight level shots vs ones that seemingly arc up to the moon before they come back down).

I used to be the type (obsessed) with trying to aim and get every shot on target. Then someone (probably 2ndAcr) told me just to shoot, shoot, shoot. You can’t land a shell if you haven’t fired it.

Good luck on your plunge back into WoWs.
If you see me online don’t hesitate to ping me and we can run a division.
My in game name is the same as here.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 150  Next