maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Of Warships
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:55 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13425
World Of Battleships... gets more battleships.

With fucking radar. :roll:

I shouldn't have given them money this month. This BB power creep is way over the line now. High tier DDs nerfed to shit, and Cruisers made practically irrelevant.

I'm close to flushing it until they correct their imbalanced shit. It's just too bad WG didn't include more British ships earlier, when things were close to balanced and they weren't constantly pandering to low-skill battleship players.

:x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:16 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4274
12KM torps on Yagumo makes a world of difference. Got up early and ran her a few times. I forgot how much fun she was. 6 games played from 530am to 7am and I was averaging 8 torp hits per game. Camping bastards. Caught me a camping Yammy at 11km with them. He had a Moskva close in to screen him with radar. Well my 12km torps out ranged his radar buddy. They had a good thing going for awhile, a Des Moines was on Yammy other flank and they pretty much kept us DD's at bay. They killed 2 of our Fletchers who made the charge. Our Yammy finally killed the Des Moines which opened that flank up for me to play on.

Between radar, long running sonar and the FUCKING SKY CANCER it is hard as shit playing DD and surviving a fucking match AND doing enough damage to make money in high tier. Unless your running tier 10 with Premium Camo, then it is almost impossible to lose money. Every damn match had a frigging CV in it and not one of those sorry som bitches on my teams brought any fighters. Just hung us DD's out to dry. Enemy CV brought fighters and fucking hovered them right over the CAP just waiting for one of us to try and cap the damn thing. Had assholes screaming "CAP you DD cowards" while they camped behind islands. I might get banned or warned as I responded with a resounding FUCK YOU after one of our Gearing made a play for one, the moment he entered the CAP the entire enemy CV strike force bee lined right for him and waxed his ass.

Me, I played a coward and avoided the CAPS and played torpedo boat on the enemy campers.

Rule One, play for your own survival and score or a div mate. Once the camping starts (which is the second the match starts) fuck it. I only had decent support in one match this am. And that was from another Yagumo driver. We tagged teamed a CAP and he got 3 kills to my 2 kills in our crossfire. The rest of our team, they killed exactly ONE and that was our CV who killed the enemy one. We tagged teamed our smoke, gang banged enemy DD's, and basically made life hell on the enemy team. Even when we had killed all the enemy DD's the chicken shits did not want to move forward. My partner Yagumo actually threatened to start team killing if they did not support. I got a laugh out of that.

Had one kid smart off "How you get to high tier, you suck" I had to respond with a "I got 3 kills how many you got, oh wait you died in the first 6 min of the game to torpedos from a DD I warned you about because I was already playing tag with him, but no you just had to come sailing thru that gap with your guns FACING the wrong fucking way even and ate a full torp spread, yet I suck. Hell I even rammed you as you tried to exit the gap to wake your dumb ass up to the DD threat since you would not respond in chat".

It's going to be a loooonnnnngggggg summer folks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:23 am 
Hair in the soap

2ndAcr wrote:
12KM torps on Yagumo makes a world of difference. Got up early and ran her a few times. I forgot how much fun she was. 6 games played from 530am to 7am and I was averaging 8 torp hits per game. Camping bastards. Caught me a camping Yammy at 11km with them. He had a Moskva close in to screen him with radar. Well my 12km torps out ranged his radar buddy. They had a good thing going for awhile, a Des Moines was on Yammy other flank and they pretty much kept us DD's at bay. They killed 2 of our Fletchers who made the charge. Our Yammy finally killed the Des Moines which opened that flank up for me to play on.

Between radar, long running sonar and the FUCKING SKY CANCER it is hard as shit playing DD and surviving a fucking match AND doing enough damage to make money in high tier. Unless your running tier 10 with Premium Camo, then it is almost impossible to lose money. Every damn match had a frigging CV in it and not one of those sorry som bitches on my teams brought any fighters. Just hung us DD's out to dry. Enemy CV brought fighters and fucking hovered them right over the CAP just waiting for one of us to try and cap the damn thing. Had assholes screaming "CAP you DD cowards" while they camped behind islands. I might get banned or warned as I responded with a resounding FUCK YOU after one of our Gearing made a play for one, the moment he entered the CAP the entire enemy CV strike force bee lined right for him and waxed his ass.

Me, I played a coward and avoided the CAPS and played torpedo boat on the enemy campers.

Rule One, play for your own survival and score or a div mate. Once the camping starts (which is the second the match starts) fuck it. I only had decent support in one match this am. And that was from another Yagumo driver. We tagged teamed a CAP and he got 3 kills to my 2 kills in our crossfire. The rest of our team, they killed exactly ONE and that was our CV who killed the enemy one. We tagged teamed our smoke, gang banged enemy DD's, and basically made life hell on the enemy team. Even when we had killed all the enemy DD's the chicken shits did not want to move forward. My partner Yagumo actually threatened to start team killing if they did not support. I got a laugh out of that.

Had one kid smart off "How you get to high tier, you suck" I had to respond with a "I got 3 kills how many you got, oh wait you died in the first 6 min of the game to torpedos from a DD I warned you about because I was already playing tag with him, but no you just had to come sailing thru that gap with your guns FACING the wrong fucking way even and ate a full torp spread, yet I suck. Hell I even rammed you as you tried to exit the gap to wake your dumb ass up to the DD threat since you would not respond in chat".

It's going to be a loooonnnnngggggg summer folks.

Yuuuupp.

Yet the BB players still want more nerfs.

I foresee my WoWS play time dropping in the future. If they're gonna keep promoting passive campfest play, they're not gonna get much scratch from me at this point.

The matches were more enjoyable a year ago, before all the nerfs. I hope WG doesn't continue to give this a WoT/WoWP treatment, but, judging by their past ones, it may just continue. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:07 pm 
Sergeant

Oh I will probably still play quite a bit. Hard for me to lose money on the ships I slapped premium camo on. But I will not play the cap to win game. If not seeing support, I will slide by the caps and do my own thing. Win or lose, I will score some damage and try to survive. But entering a CAP with a enemy CV is just ringing the dinner bell for them.

Couple games, the only time I saw CV planes was after my torps started slamming into camping enemy ships and he came looking but I had already hit the speed boost and hauled ass from launch area.

But be damned if I am going to play the CAP with no support anymore. Big boys want to push the CAP, I will gladly support them, play the campers and I will play for me and me alone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:18 pm 
Hair in the soap

2ndAcr wrote:

But be damned if I am going to play the CAP with no support anymore. Big boys want to push the CAP, I will gladly support them, play the campers and I will play for me and me alone.

I keep having to tell myself to do that. Old habits die hard, but if my team doesn't want to win, I guess I'll just have to try racking up some points in the meantime, too, and screw the cap zones. :|

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:45 pm 
Hair in the soap

Just some stats regarding high tier imbalances I posted elsewhere.

Noting how under-represented DDs are on the Average Damage and Average XP Top 10 lists. Planes everywhere, spotting your shit too much. More & more all-seeing radar being added on a regular basis. The results are in evidence here..

These are only Tier 10, but the Tier 8 & 9 isn't much better. Also note the CV damage. :roll:

Attachments:
Warships_XP_top.jpg
Warships_XP_top.jpg [ 160.85 KiB | Viewed 219 times ]
Warships_Dmg_Top.jpg
Warships_Dmg_Top.jpg [ 175.3 KiB | Viewed 219 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15134
Something new: Operations mode

Looks like it could be interesting

And apparently you can go in with a division of 4 players.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:24 am 
Hair in the soap

Meh.

Co-op.

If I wanted to do co-op grinding, it would be something quite different than this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:08 am 
Hair in the soap

In other news..

Wargaming.net's main competitor recently stated they would be adding all sizes of warships to their naval side of the game.

Plus... people will obviously have the option to fly planes in the same missions as ships, just as they do on War Thunder's tank side.

War Thunder Naval Forces still has a way to go development-wise (it's in closed beta) but I'm glad they're going full on, and we'll have another option that plays a bit differently.

~~> Started by adding a Tribal-class DD ~~>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:04 am 
Sergeant

Woke early, ran Fletcher.......one awesome game with super support, next game decent with little support, 3rd game was a shit storm with a bunch of assholes. Half the match they yelling at me to take B or C cap, while they all huddled in A. They got a resounding Fuck you , no support no capping. Got called a coward many a time. Even think some punk neg repped me. Should have TK'ed my entire team they sucked so bad.

I killed 4 ships, 2 DD, a BB and a damn Atlanta.................rest of team, killed no one. I spent the entire match running and gunning between B and C playing tag with those 2 DD and Atlanta. I finally killed that asshole right as we lost. The DD's would go forth, spot me and all hell would break loose, try to pop smoke to run and here comes the fuckers radar.

Dear god it is going to be a long summer. Not sure my blood pressure can handle it.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 137  Next