maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Of Warships
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
2ndAcr wrote:
About time for you to come back on Nef, getting lonely running solo.

You to Chi. I cant catch anyone on now a days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:32 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 5613
Not sure how the split will work. I know the Cleveland will shift to new tech line at tier 8 for free if you own her when the split arrives. If it is like the IJN and RU splits, you should have the new Tier 6 and 7 also unlocked. But will not get them for free.

This will be harder as only Cleveland is shifting to the new branch. So I cannot predict it. Balti will go down to 8 and you should get the new 9 for free. I know Nef had Balti, so he should keep her, I will be re-buying Clev and Balti when I know it is inbound soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 pm 
Sergeant

Okay, WG states that new US C/L's are currently slated to have tier 6-8 hydro and def AA. No smoke.

Tier 9/10 will have DCP (damage control party) Hydro, Def AA, Heal and radar all at the same time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Flamu shoots down 36 planes in his Kidd DD:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:00 pm 
Sergeant

Pan Asian DD's are out. I free XP'ed to tier 7 just because I always do. She is a nifty little boat. I was running engine boost for the faster starts and such, I had 12 engine hits. So that might have to change.

8km deep water torps. I put 6 into assorted BB's and cruiser. That .8km spotting range pisses them off. She is decent speed, great rudder shift. Guns are decent. I think she is built off a British DD. Either way, I kind of enjoyed the one match I ran in her.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:03 pm 
Sergeant

Think the tier 7 is fun as hell. Especially when you seal club tier 5's. Tier 9, not so much, you really miss regular torpedos in all the damn knife fights you get into. Plus all the damn radar all the time. Friggin DD's with radar, cruisers with radar, BB with radar, and friggin CV's. And it all see's thru islands. Was stalking a damn Yammy, 5 km from me other side of a island, 2 friggin Minotaurs 9km away my direct front, praying no radar shows up, what happens, a friggin Kidd pops his radar and I got blasted to hell. Still managed 2 hits on the yammy though. I worked my ass off to get into position to, staying stealthy, not shooting, not even launching torpedos, ruined by a friggin radar. No clue why he popped radar, guess he had that itch.

The tier 7 is a Brit DD........N class IIRC........she is fun as hell, decently stealthy, 6km..........torps are 8km.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:13 am 
Sergeant

Tier 9 Pan Asian, a Fletcher with deep water torpedo's. I spent the entire match running from CV's, radar cruisers, but still beat the shit out of them. We lost, but it was fun. I ran her as a pure stealth torpedo boat and only fired my guns when I had to. I do believe this is a new record torpedo hits for me.

Attachments:
Pan Asian.png
Pan Asian.png [ 740.17 KiB | Viewed 22 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:15 am 
Sergeant Major

2ndAcr wrote:
Tier 9 Pan Asian, a Fletcher with deep water torpedo's. I spent the entire match running from CV's, radar cruisers, but still beat the shit out of them. We lost, but it was fun. I ran her as a pure stealth torpedo boat and only fired my guns when I had to. I do believe this is a new record torpedo hits for me.

I find it hard to believe that you were able to keep you finger off the trigger for firing those guns.

What’s happened to you? ;-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:00 pm 
Sergeant

Oh it is still there, but sitting in smoke above tier 7 is death, radar makes you extra cautious and when you add in a damn tier 10 CV, well don't ring the dinner bell for them.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139  Next