maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137
 Post subject: Re: World Of Warships
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
chijohnaok wrote:

I saw a subsequent video from Notser saying that Wargames is doing an update which will nerf the Conqueror, but to what extent, I don't know.

The British battleship line's issues are just part of a larger problem that needs to be addressed. Excessive 'power creep' with each new line released.

Wargaming keeps trying to give each new line too much individuality by giving them increasingly overpowered stats in certain areas. They're sacrificing game balance for gimmick. Which, in such a highly competitive and supposedly overall balanced game is anathema.

I also believe that the developers don't play their own game enough to know how the meta. The few times they eventually attempt to fix such issues, they end up nerfing other things that didn't need it, or overdo it. They've even repeatedly nerfed some things that didn't need it so much, simply due to listening to select groups of complaints, but not others.

It's evident that they don't know how their game plays, in a highly populated public environment. So their adjustments don't work as they often hope. There's no indication this disconnect is improving, either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15384
NefariousKoel wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

I saw a subsequent video from Notser saying that Wargames is doing an update which will nerf the Conqueror, but to what extent, I don't know.

The British battleship line's issues are just part of a larger problem that needs to be addressed. Excessive 'power creep' with each new line released.

Wargaming keeps trying to give each new line too much individuality by giving them increasingly overpowered stats in certain areas. They're sacrificing game balance for gimmick. Which, in such a highly competitive and supposedly overall balanced game is anathema.

I also believe that the developers don't play their own game enough to know how the meta. The few times they eventually attempt to fix such issues, they end up nerfing other things that didn't need it, or overdo it. They've even repeatedly nerfed some things that didn't need it so much, simply due to listening to select groups of complaints, but not others.

It's evident that they don't know how their game plays, in a highly populated public environment. So their adjustments don't work as they often hope. There's no indication this disconnect is improving, either.

My bold emphasis above.

I recall something similar that happened in Naval Action.

They implemented "Land in battles" (adding shorelines, shallows and land fortifications into open world battles) some time ago.
It wasn't long before players were complaining about how overpowered the shore fortifications can be, sometimes taking out a 4th rate ship in a single salvo of shore guns. Players were complaining about it for a while but it fell onto deaf ears. Then one day the lead developer took his ship out and got into a battle involving shore fortifications.
His ship was all but sunk after a salvo or two from the shore batteries. :lol:
The next day there was a hotfix in the game that temporarily removed the shore batteries from being able to fire, so as to allow them to "fix" how OP those guns were.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:24 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
chijohnaok wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

My bold emphasis above.

I recall something similar that happened in Naval Action.

They implemented "Land in battles" (adding shorelines, shallows and land fortifications into open world battles) some time ago.
It wasn't long before players were complaining about how overpowered the shore fortifications can be, sometimes taking out a 4th rate ship in a single salvo of shore guns. Players were complaining about it for a while but it fell onto deaf ears. Then one day the lead developer took his ship out and got into a battle involving shore fortifications.
His ship was all but sunk after a salvo or two from the shore batteries. :lol:
The next day there was a hotfix in the game that temporarily removed the shore batteries from being able to fire, so as to allow them to "fix" how OP those guns were.

At least a dev did eventually experience it.

I'm convinced that the Wargaming developers don't play their own game enough to even get that far. Much less be informed on how to balance it, due to that lacking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:31 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4399
I bit on the Wargaming cash grab, bought the Tier V Russian BB for the missions. I have to say, it has so far paid for itself quite well. So far, I have collected:

3 days Premium
15,000 free XP
1500 Dabloons

Can only get 1 crate a day with it. Some folks have gotten 2500 dabloons. I got (2) 250 and a 1000 gold for rewards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:48 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4399
Now up to total of 7 days premium, 25,000 XP and 1750 gold.

I have to admit, I kind of like that Russian BB, even at Tier 7 she can hang with the bigger boys. AA sucks ass though.

The Lion (Brit, tier 9 BB) I am still getting the hang of. Of course I am using AP instead of HE most battles with her, all of 4 or 5 I have run her. Stealthy she is, not the fastest, AA is good, shell groupings seem decent, turns kind of slow, but that super heal is glorious.

Moskva, well I have run a few times. Not sure I like her yet. Still much prefer my Hindy over all other tier ten CA's. At tier 9 Saint Louis hands down. She just rocks.

Brit BB tier 10, Yammy and the Grozi (Russian DD tier 10) are the only Tier 10's I have not gotten yet. Brit ten got nerfed a little and I am not sure keen on grinding all the way thru Udaloi again to get the Grozi. Yammy, well I am not as concerned about her.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137