maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Of Warships
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 6238
Low tier is safe except when some tier 10 players make a trek down to club some baby seals.

By the time you get to tier 5-6 you should have a good hang of what to do and not to do. Worst thing is buying a tier 8 premium right out the gate. Cause you gonna get kicked in the nuts a bunch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:24 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
2ndAcr wrote:
Low tier is safe except when some tier 10 players make a trek down to club some baby seals.

By the time you get to tier 5-6 you should have a good hang of what to do and not to do. Worst thing is buying a tier 8 premium right out the gate. Cause you gonna get kicked in the nuts a bunch.

The one thing I did like was PvE in it, it wasn't such a chaotic mess of constantly having everyone "Do Random Shit & Die".

In general I don't mind human teams vs. AI. In fact you could easily have *more* AI opponents and so and it would still be more fun than against humans in general.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:25 pm 
Sergeant

Aw, pissing off the humans is what makes it fun. Especially if your running say the French Saint Louis and every volley starts a fire on some poor smuck.

Or get that perfect setup in a DD where no radar is found and sit about 7km from a herd of BB's and just launch torps at them etc.

Or best yet, bum rush a couple camping BB's in my Hindenburg and go right between them and torp the shit out of both as they desperately try to kill me before I kill them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:46 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
2ndAcr wrote:
Aw, pissing off the humans is what makes it fun. Especially if your running say the French Saint Louis and every volley starts a fire on some poor smuck.

Or get that perfect setup in a DD where no radar is found and sit about 7km from a herd of BB's and just launch torps at them etc.

Or best yet, bum rush a couple camping BB's in my Hindenburg and go right between them and torp the shit out of both as they desperately try to kill me before I kill them.

Or you could just cheez it in easy mode with insta-killing Battleships, like Mister Banderas..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 am 

2ndAcr wrote:

That's the issue with my 'gaming economics'.

If it takes 100 hours before I sort of stopped sucking, well, that's probably my whole year's worth of gaming at the moment.

So I'd spend all of it being the bottom ring "new guy" running the gauntlet only to.. nothing.

That's the problem with competitive gaming really. If you didn't get in early you are going to face an unrelenting gauntlet later on and if you don't have a lot of time on your hands it's just going to suck all of the time every time you can play with no change to be expected.

When these kinds of games also include a ton of new rules upon rules and gimmicks and you can't even keep up with them either much less learn to be skilled with them.. It just compounds the problems and the cliff rises steeper.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:51 pm 
Sergeant

You need to try and link up with us on NA server. I am on at times (busy work schedule right now) but that way you are not totally the "new guy". Granted I run the very high tiers mostly, I got some lower end ships I can play with.

It took me some time to get fair, then more to get decent, now I rank myself as good. In no way am I one of the best, but most days I am good. Best advice, find a ship line you like. DD, CA, CL, BB and then pick a nation. Grind that line and learn every trick for it.

DD- very aggressive play, easy to die fast or survive and do little damage over all
- Japanese, guns suck, torps spotted from the moon but stealthy
- Russian, great guns and fast, ships spotted from distance
- Pan Asian, good guns, deep water torpedo's
- American, guns and great torpedo's at tier 9 and 10
- German, good guns, decent speed, decent torpedo, great torpedo reload time
CA-Can be aggressive, easy to die
-Japanese, great HE, decent AP, stealthy ships, slow reload, flat shell trajectory
-American, good HE, great AP (high tier) but island campers mostly, radar, huge lofty shells
-French, HE and AP good, fast ships, good/great trajectory
-Russian, decent HE and AP, laser guns, radar
-British, smoke, no HE, decent lofty AP
-German, decent HE, great AP, good trajectory, long gun range, can be very tanky
CL-defensive play
-Mainly American, fast reload, radar, island camper
BB-either aggressive or defensive
-American, slow until tier 8, good guns, fairly strong
-Japanese, fast, good guns
-German, fast, good guns
-British, decent guns, slow until 8 or so
-French, decent guns, fast

All will depend on your play style. I can go from hyper aggressive (gun duels at close range with a DD vs anything) to smarter stealthy play. I can be aggressive in my Hindenburg because well it is Hindenburg. I have every line at tier 9-10 except Japanese BB's. I can offer advice (take at own risk) on just about any ship in any line and how to use it. Some will agree, some won't. Nef hates British Neptune, me I love the thing.

Your mileage will vary, main thing is keep playing and experimenting. I will say playing for the team all the time will frustrate you to no end. You learn when to be selfish and play for yourself. I will rarely pop my smoke for anyone, I save it for myself. Right now, I pop on, play a few games to shake out some rust. But mainly to have some fun.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:21 pm 

Thanks for that!

My vacation is slowly coming to an end and I doubt I'll have much time from my more martial activities and work but it's a sweet game in it's own right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:49 pm 
Hair in the soap

Loaned a buddy my previous gaming rig and had him load up World of Warships.

May have him hooked. Such a noob though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:02 pm 
Sergeant

Need to get your butt back in action Nef. Someday I might have the time for some serious gaming runs and not the few and done I been averaging.

Just pop on for a few matched a night Kam, you will be surprised at the progress you will make. I would say decide on YOUR playstyle. Then pick a line to advance up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am 
Hair in the soap

2ndAcr wrote:
Need to get your butt back in action Nef. Someday I might have the time for some serious gaming runs and not the few and done I been averaging.

Hopefully get back to it soon™

Although I may be doing low tier stuff with the noob for awhile.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148  Next