All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Farming Simulator 2015
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:07 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12849
This is two thumbs up.

I've always looked at farming games w/ curiosity b/c it'd be cool to see how it's done. I've driven through middle America lots of times and see millions of acres being farmed. Feeding millions of ppl. All reviews of previous farm sims have been negative so I never bought, but this FS15 one gets very positive reviews. I bought it. The game is like playing a documentary. Farming is amazing really. The gear and how hard it works.

This game is really cool. 2 thumbs way up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313160/

For someone familiar w/ farming it's prolly boring. I have no clue how any of this gear works, trying to figure it all out is very interesting imo.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Farming Simulator 2015
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:30 pm 
First Sergeant

Awe the first crop sprouted. I can hear it growing, it sounds like money. I'm going to make a killing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:01 pm 
First Sergeant

6k profit. I'm disappointed. Half the crop died b/c my guys are too slow. It's midnight they're out there cultivating and planting. We're going to do better next season even if it kills im. Need another combine and they're expensive even the cheap ones. Chop chop, assholes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:02 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13507
C_S wrote:
6k profit. I'm disappointed. Half the crop died b/c my guys are too slow. It's midnight they're out there cultivating and planting. We're going to do better next season even if it kills im. Need another combine and they're expensive even the cheap ones. Chop chop, assholes.

I've never been a farmer, but it sounds sort of realistic...long hours and small profits.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:47 pm 
First Sergeant

I went belly up. I think the game is accurate enough that I'll need to read about farming b/c I have no clue.

Last crop grew but the combine won't harvest it. I need a cutting thingabob attached w/ doojiggy, I think something like that. Also a tracktor w/ enough HP to run and pull it.

This game is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. I'm going to dig into this.

I was worried that driving a tracktor down cornrows would be boring, but that doesn't happen unless u feel like driving. It's more managing the ppl and gear. Plus I can walk around and see everything happening in 3D. The gear starts out clean then gets dirty and beat up w/ so much use and you can see that graphically. Really cool game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:03 pm 
First Sergeant

The corner of one field is near a road so ppl w/ Prius cars keep driving by it's interfering w/ the work. I parked a rig I'm not using in the road to make im go around.

This game won't let you shoot at ppl. Gun free zone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Can you start out with a few acres, a horse and a plow or do you have to start out with mechanized equipment?

Can you buy used (rather than new) farm machinery to start out to save money or are they one sized fits all?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:17 pm 
First Sergeant

At start you get a combine w/ a harvester gear, a tractor w/ a cultivator gear, a tractor w/ sowing gear, a tractor w/ a tipper trailer. There are 2 other tractors. I bought a shitspreader to fertilize and one tractor tows that around when everyone else gets done. This leaves one tractor I park in front of traffic; the work we're trying to do here is what's for dinner, so ppl need to go around. If they don't like it fuck im they'll get over it.

The combine is the money maker. I keep the tipper close to hand for unloading b/c the combine will stop when it's full. The combine must keep rolling no matter what.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:32 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7209
C_S wrote:
I went belly up. I think the game is accurate enough that I'll need to read about farming b/c I have no clue.

Last crop grew but the combine won't harvest it. I need a cutting thingabob attached w/ doojiggy, I think something like that. Also a tracktor w/ enough HP to run and pull it.

You didn't hire enough illegal, migrant workers. Probably why you went belly up. Take advantage of those random events when trucks pull up loaded with non-English speaking dirt-cheap labor.

Or is that not modeled in the game?

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Poindexter wrote:
C_S wrote:

You didn't hire enough illegal, migrant workers. Probably why you went belly up. Take advantage of those random events when trucks pull up loaded with non-English speaking dirt-cheap labor.

Or is that not modeled in the game?

It would be very cool if that was modeled in.....soon followed by yells of "la migra" as INS raids your farm. ;-)

Profile E-mail