maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tabletop Gaming
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:27 pm 
PFC

Reputation points: 1082
EUBanana wrote:
Bought Star Wars Armada a couple of weeks ago, been playing that a bit. Fun.

I'm late to the party, but this is my favorite game!

I have imperial assault (2nd favorite) and x-wing too...

Great stuff!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:28 pm 
PFC

NefariousKoel wrote:

That and X-Wing look enjoyable but I've been actively avoiding them due to my huge backlog. Hell, I still haven't played Sails Of Glory yet, which uses similar card movement. That (and others) have been sitting on my shelf over a year, yet to be enjoyed. :ugeek:

Sails of glory is quite fun...

I have wings of glory so it feels very similar. I'm more fond of how armada and xwing handle movement though. Cards are sometimes a pain to go through to get to the right movement choice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:43 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
btw..

Fantasy Flight/Asmodee is currently having it's Xmas Sale

http://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/

They tend to sell their somewhat older stuff taking up space in the warehouse(s). Some of it has been picked through already. But others may interest you.

Still have stuff in stock like:

Tide Of Iron (WW2, small minis)
BattleLore (Command & Colors - fantasy style, nice minis)
Claustrophobia (1v1 dungeon crawl/fight, relatively easy to learn, pre-painted minis)
Blue Max remake (WWI dogfight. I'm almost tempted to get a 2nd copy just for the big hex terrain boards for other air combat game use)

on sale for ~60% Off.

GMT should be having their Fall/Holiday sale soon, too. If you've pre-ordered something via their P500 system in the past year, they tend to offer two games on a sizable discount (as opposed to one big'n plus the rest at smaller discount).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:07 pm 
PFC

I'll have to check that out....

I usually buy my ffg stuff at coolstuffinc but after the asmodee bs of reducing discounts to online retailers, I've severely cut back on board game purchases. Aside from the last wave of armada, I haven't bought a game since 2015.

Btw, you ever travel to wichita for gaming?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:11 am 
Hair in the soap

Reiryc wrote:

I usually buy my ffg stuff at coolstuffinc but after the asmodee bs of reducing discounts to online retailers, I've severely cut back on board game purchases. Aside from the last wave of armada, I haven't bought a game since 2015.

I don't travel very far, or very often, these days. Spinal injuries get bothersome very quickly, which sucks the joy out of everything to follow. I rarely even go to the game store in KCK and have never played anything there. :lol:

Probably going to move back down to the Springfield area in the next year or so, after getting things finalized up here. Would be even further away from Wichita though. :|

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:17 pm 
PFC

NefariousKoel wrote:
Reiryc wrote:

I don't travel very far, or very often, these days. Spinal injuries get bothersome very quickly, which sucks the joy out of everything to follow. I rarely even go to the game store in KCK and have never played anything there. :lol:

Probably going to move back down to the Springfield area in the next year or so, after getting things finalized up here. Would be even further away from Wichita though. :|

Spinal injury a new-ish thing?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:03 am 
Hair in the soap

Reiryc wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

Spinal injury a new-ish thing?

Nope. Originally got two herniated/bulging disks in 1999. At the age of 24, I still felt invincible at that time & thought I'd heal up just fine but that didn't end up being the case.

Treatment was a failure, didn't work. Insurance companies were fairly useless back then, even after re-injuring a few times. They'd give a small settlement so they didn't have to spend the big bucks on operations. So I kept working for more than a decade. Got much worse. Now it's up to four herniated disks, plus a plethora of other spinal issues I already had or later developed (degenerative disk disease, stenosis, scoliosis, etc). Long list. Surgery made it worse in some ways, but I knew I was screwed by that point anyway. The Docs started telling me it's not going to be better, but I already knew by then.

Anyway, it's constant pain. Traveling in a car makes it worse, and sucks the joy right outta me after about 30+ minutes of driving. May as well be locked in a torture device. :P Fortunately they keep me medicated so I'm somewhat functional, although there are always bad days.

The problem is that I never know when I'm going to feel relatively well and mobile, or be laid low most of the day.

Apologies for the long explanation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:41 am 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3823
That sucks. Have a buddy with chronic back pain. He has to stand at the bars, can't sit on a bar stool more than a few minutes before even the beer doesn't help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14552
Hey nefko that bites. I'm sorry that shit happened to you.

You'll be welcome at the zombie redoubt when that's up and runnning. I expect there to be a gaming hall, so that any of my wargaming buddies who retire to the same town shall have a place to gather.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:04 pm 
PFC

Mdiehl,

You're a table top gamer too?

Any particular game preferences?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next