maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tabletop Gaming
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:43 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
This looks like a lot of fun without getting too bogged down in rules, or too much down time for the non-phasing player.

Didn't notice it on KS, but retail pre-orders supposed to be starting in the next week or two.

Would definitely want to craft up the wood player blocks to go with the cloth/rubberized playmat. 8-)

Saw the print & play available on DTRPG's daily deal, but would much rather go with the prefab boxed game when it comes out.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1949 ... -unplugged

http://bombshell-games.com/tag/techno-bowl/

DTRPG block player print-outs:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/201 ... ck-Players

I've never really been drawn to (american) football tabletop board games, as the rules just never seemed to be all that enticing on the few I've grokked. Nor have I ever really considered the large investment in Blood Bowl, which is vaguely similar, or any GW minis games for that matter. I'll stick with the PC version of BB, thank you. But this looks like an excellent fit for me. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 pm 
Hair in the soap

3rd Edition High Frontier Kickstarter came in today.

... now to read the long treatises on the myriad ways to colonize & build the solar system. Because: gaming rocket science. 8-) Um in yer water deposits, pillagin yer hydrogen.

This thing is fookeen heavy. Like ~11 pounds. Big six-panel boards.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 pm 
Hair in the soap

The well-received Sci-Fi Eclipse Phase RPG series has been FREE in PDF format for a few years.

Definitely worth a look/read of the Core Book at the least. 8-)

Has interesting concepts such as 'backing up' your consciousness, and later downloading them into new bodies/droids/etc after your character dies (minus the memories & such since last back-up). But still mostly sci-fi/cyber setting where our AI machines had turned on us in a Super Skynet style space-pocalypse.

https://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/

Didn't know these were all available until recently. They put the digital versions up for free personal use, under a Creative Commons license. The physical hardback copies are sold, of course.

Some good looking artwork in it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 pm 
Hair in the soap

Got some painting to do on Conan minis ..

:geek:

And the nerdfest continues with learning High Frontier 3rd.

Gave the Basic game a run long enough. Habit forming! On to reading Advanced & Solo rules. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 8907
Wargaming With The Big Boys And Girls
https://madpadrewargames.blogspot.com.e ... girls.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:52 am 
Hair in the soap

Got the new RE Howard's Conan RPG in a couple weeks ago.

Great looking book. Printed in Latvia, which was a nice surprise. The spine didn't crackle & pop like most of those Chinese-made hardbacks do, either. 8-)

I really dig the 2d20 system, too, so it was a no-brainer. Plus I got Conan minis from the boardgame to do double duty if need be. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
I just recently got a couple of new solitaire board games in the mail. Pre-ordered them back in December last year.

"Target for Today" (the spiritual successor to Avalon Hill's B-17: Queen of the Skies). Basically the original game with a ton of user-created contributions over the past 30 years (all with their approval, of course).

"B-17: Flying Fortress Leader", the newest from DVG games, creator of the the popular "Hornet Leader" series. This one plays a bit different from those games but still retains the same feel.

Haven't broken them out as of yet. Can't seem to pull myself away from the PC games. :)

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:56 pm 
Hair in the soap

Poindexter wrote:
I just recently got a couple of new solitaire board games in the mail. Pre-ordered them back in December last year.

"Target for Today" (the spiritual successor to Avalon Hill's B-17: Queen of the Skies). Basically the original game with a ton of user-created contributions over the past 30 years (all with their approval, of course).

"B-17: Flying Fortress Leader", the newest from DVG games, creator of the the popular "Hornet Leader" series. This one plays a bit different from those games but still retains the same feel.

Haven't broken them out as of yet. Can't seem to pull myself away from the PC games. :)

I debated picking up TFT a couple days ago. But, hell, I still haven't played their B-29 Superfortress game using the Korea expansion, which was my main goal. Also want to revisit Picket Duty. Although I suspect TFT is the epitome of the lot, now that it's out.

To top all that solitaire chart-rolling off, I finally got around to ordering DVG's Gato Leader yesterday.

Also wanted to get IAF Leader, but that'll have to wait. Figured I better get Gato first, while supplies last, because when DVG titles go out of print, it could be awhile before they're back (if ever).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 pm 
Hair in the soap

Also -

Just found out that GMT's Red Storm P500 (another Downtown air war sequel) will be getting solitaire bot rules.

Air War in 80's Europe. Ooooo yes. 8-)

~~>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:01 pm 
Hair in the soap

Something arrived today.. :ugeek:

Nemo's War 2nd Edition by Victory Point Games. Primarily a solitaire game, although they added cooperative play to this version too.

That's the Kickstarter edition I got from https://www.thegamesteward.com/

I didn't back the KS, as I would've been happy with any retail copy of it later on. Just happens that retailer stocks the KS versions with the bonus bits in them.

Had to grab a copy while the gettin' is good. This seems pretty popular right now and this edition isn't one of VPG's Print-On-Demand titles anymore so there is limited stock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next