All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

No trolling, no stalking, no bullshit.

Post subject: Re: Warhammer unline: Age of Reckoning
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:26 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
AngryOldMan wrote:
I've never played an MMO for the same reason I'll never try crack. Just seems like once you start down that road, you can kiss your free time goodbye.

What were you spending "free time" doing?

I shut my satellite off last year and don't regret it a bit. If I need some me-time entertainment I'll play an MMO instead. Much better than watching commercials and reruns. It's basically taken the place of shitty shows and movies I don't care to see very often. A lot cheaper too.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:32 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3144
NefariousKoel wrote:
AngryOldMan wrote:
I've never played an MMO for the same reason I'll never try crack. Just seems like once you start down that road, you can kiss your free time goodbye.

What were you spending "free time" doing?

I shut my satellite off last year and don't regret it a bit. If I need some me-time entertainment I'll play an MMO instead. Much better than watching commercials and reruns. It's basically taken the place of shitty shows and movies I don't care to see very often. A lot cheaper too.

I don't mean to rip anyone's hobby, I guess I just heard too many horror stories about EverCrack and all the drones that let their life go to shit while they did that all day. I had a friend who's wife spent much more time with her virtual 'friends' online than with real ones to the point where he almost had to have an intervention.

I waste most of my 'free' time on strategy games. Either looking for a new one, playing an old one I'm not quite bored of yet or complaining about how crappy they all are and how easy they are to beat and how great I am at beating them all.

I do also like racing sims especially F1. Unfortunately, Sony has hijacked all F1 sims for PS3 only until the end of this summer when the WII version comes out by Codemasters I think.

Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:45 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7773
Quote:
Well, I was a Shadow Warrior for the hour I played it, which looks to be... Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, alright...

It must have benn polished quite a bit since you played as I see none of those issues. Maybe I've just played WoW to long, because this seems like a much better game.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:51 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 7773
Quote:

They are addicting. for me it's the huge virtual world populated by real people. And just like the real world, most of them are assholes.

The actually get you by the leveling up process. Have to get just one more level, see what kind of shit I get.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:01 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10085
For my fix I stick with EUIII Complete or Crusader Kings Deus Vult or returning files in my PBEM games. EUIII is new to me so I'm sure it will keep me occupied for a while.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15675
Old Eagle wrote:
And just like the real world, most of them are assholes.

:lol:

True enough. For me the MM part is actually the last bit I'm usually interested in. I spend about 90% of my time that I spend on MMOs soloing.

Quote:
The actually get you by the leveling up process. Have to get just one more level, see what kind of shit I get.

Basic psychology that is, same thing fruit machines use and gamblers suffer from. I know thats what is addictive, but when I know the score I start to feel like one of Pavlovs dogs salivating on command, and then I get angry, and then I turn it off, so it's kinda lost its magic there...

Profile E-mail